You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Ericmopar

How To Spot Torps?

8 comments in this topic

[VN]
Members
227 posts
5,466 battles

I'm having issues completing part of a directive. I've got 18 of 20 torps spotted and I've tried yoloing etc at the start of a match to spot the last two and nothing works.
It's almost as if the directive was turned off or something.
I'm seeing red torps all the time, but none of them are being counted as spotted, even when I'm right up front in a cruiser or DD.

Any tips?
Any explanations of why I'm seeing torps and I'm the one spotting them, but they aren't counting in this mission?

[WORX]
Members
10,665 posts
18,555 battles

Take a Shima in Co-op, have the red Shima torp near you... That is one option...

OR

Use a cruiser with Hydro, that will work as well.

• Cool 3

[WOLF3]
Members
27,063 posts
23,845 battles

You have to play aggressively forward and be the one spotting them.  Whether you do DD, Cruiser, even Battleship.  If someone else is further ahead of you, then they're the ones making the initial torpedo spot and will get credit for it.  It has to be YOU doing the initial spotting.

Things like Hydro, Vigilance trait, and that new Slot 5 upgrade will help in spotting torpedoes further out.

Some DDs like Lo Yang and a number of German Destroyers also got Hydro.  Win!

A good way to farm is if you play aggressively to get knife fights with High Tier German CAs and tech tree BBs that got really good Hydro on them.  Even a big, clumsy GK can still torpedo beat with the early spotting that Hydro gives her.

Edited by HazeGrayUnderway

Members
1,577 posts
11,632 battles

....Don't torpedo beat yourself up, OP (I'm funny)....We all take hits below the waterline from time to time....alls I know is that the Vigilance perk at level 3 is crucial if you have trouble with this stuff....if you don't have it get it pronto....

....iow, what Haze said....that guy knows his [edited].

Edited by commodore_torakula

[A-D-F]
Members
2,092 posts
7,603 battles

Hey.  Three easy steps....

torpwake.thumb.jpg.69a4bf0213b0e153487894ed8325b44e.jpg

Shocked-Face.jpg.0f9deb69f598a0863a02db184f3d12e6.jpg

Sinkex_Fireball2_Navy.jpg.8d418187f0a6a1425cc9a89de2393ce5.jpg

That's how I do it.  :cap_like:

• Funny 1

[VN]
Members
227 posts
5,466 battles

I wasn't complaining about being hit, I was complaining about trying to complete a torpedo spotting missing, while yoloing up and as far as I can tell, being the first to spot the first red torps, but still not getting credit for spotting them, to complete the mission.
I've even tried to race up and get torped by a red bot to no avail. If no other green ships are near and I'm right next to a red bot getting myself torped, how can I not at least get credit for spotting the torps that kill me? LOL

Members
383 posts
4,137 battles

I was able to finish this mission by playing randoms as a BB and playing hyper aggressively against a DD. Helps to play mid tier, rather then top tier due to more DDs being mid tier, and maps being smaller. The AI sometimes just doesn't want to drop torps on you for some reason, sometimes unless your point blank. Not sure what their problem is haha.