You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Bortt

Pandemic Teams

28 comments in this topic

[Y0L0W]
Members
503 posts
16,607 battles

Just wondering what's everyone's take on the teams in the last couple weeks. I just played a game in a T8 Cossack with 4 guys on my team with under 150 battles and a sub 40% win rate. I feel like the quality of games have completely deteriorated over the past few weeks to the point of frustration. Anyone else noticing this? I'm having a hard time here winning battles. Any tips?

Edited by Bortt
  • Cool 3
  • Boring 2

[SOV]
Members
4,621 posts
9 minutes ago, Bortt said:

Just wondering what's everyone's take on the teams in the last couple weeks. I just played a game in a T8 Cossack with 4 guys on my team with under 150 battles and a sub 40% win rate. I feel like the quality of games have completely deteriorated over the past few weeks to the point of frustration. Anyone else noticing this? I'm having a hard time here winning battles. Any tips?

I have been seing DD (without cv) players telling others to spot for them. Refusing to cap refusing to spot.

[WORX]
Members
10,619 posts
18,506 battles
10 minutes ago, Bortt said:

. I just played a game in a T8 Cossack with 4 guys on my team with under 150 battles and a sub 40% win rate. I feel like the quality of games have completely deteriorated over the past few weeks to the point of frustration. Anyone else noticing this? I'm having a hard time here winning battles. Any tips?

What time was this ???

Considering the population numbers of who are active across all server regions... I would consider your one experience a one in a life time opportunity...

[WOLF3]
Members
27,005 posts
23,801 battles

The quality of teams has always been bad.  It's just only now that it's gotten to you.

People were saying the same thing in 2015.

[Y0L0W]
Members
503 posts
16,607 battles

...yeah. The first blood in my last battle was a cruiser getting torpedoed by a battleship. :cap_old:

• Funny 4

[PSP]
[PSP]
Members
12,607 posts
26 minutes ago, Bortt said:

...yeah. The first blood in my last battle was a cruiser getting torpedoed by a battleship. :cap_old:

:Smile_veryhappy:

Members
110 posts
5,438 battles

I have noticed this, as I'm sure many others have noticed this as well...

The best thing I could come up with is the whole pandemic lock down has brought in a lot more... less experienced for a lack of a nicer term... players. Its so bad tonight me and my brothers basically had to quit, no fun when literally only 4 or 5 players on your team actually try to play, when the rest just sit in the back and expect others to carry the games.

[-F-]
Members
1,674 posts
12,340 battles
16 minutes ago, JimmyTheRealPirate said:

I have noticed this, as I'm sure many others have noticed this as well...

The best thing I could come up with is the whole pandemic lock down has brought in a lot more... less experienced for a lack of a nicer term... players. Its so bad tonight me and my brothers basically had to quit, no fun when literally only 4 or 5 players on your team actually try to play, when the rest just sit in the back and expect others to carry the games.

It have been bad for longer than virus time.

Is proof this all start right around holiday end of last year.

Members
110 posts
5,438 battles
1 minute ago, LadyA - Baštovana said:

It have been bad for longer than virus time.

Is proof this all start right around holiday end of last year.

^.- The WOWs player base has always been bad, and not the "newby" type of bad. This player bases type of bad is the much worse "I just do this to waste time, who cares if if my lack of skill/will to win is so bad that I am basically the reason we lose games and piss off my team mates?" sort of bad...

I'm just saying the most recent upsurge is most likely due to the nation wide lock downs.

[WOLF3]
Members
27,005 posts
23,801 battles

Some posts complaining about teams from 2015 and one from 2016.

Teams have always been bad.  It's not a recent thing.  If you've been playing this game a while and are saying things have recently gone bad, you're wrong.

It's always been bad.

Its just hasn't gotten on your nerves until now.

Edited by HazeGrayUnderway
  • Cool 1

[O_O]
Members
6,431 posts
15,317 battles

If you are suffering from bad teams, the reds are also suffering from bad teams.  The argument "I am always losing because of bad teams" doesn't hold much water, unless you are a consipiracy theorist and believe that for some reason, WG is out to get you specifically and is constructing teams to prove they don't like you.

• Confused 1

[TORCH]
Members
594 posts
14,769 battles

I guess I'd respond in 4 ways:

1.  No, I haven't noticed teams being particularly bad the past couple weeks. 

2.  If there are more people playing, that's good for the game.

3.  If there ARE more of the less-skilled players in games right now, well, they are landing on both teams more or less equally.

4.  And if there are more potato players out there, it's you big opportunity to make potato salad.  You should be getting more hits and more kills.  In fact, come to think of it, my stats HAVE improved a bit the past couple weeks.  I'd like to think that's because I've been practicing more, but I guess it could be that the targets have gotten easier to kill.

• Funny 1

[YORHA]
Members
4,993 posts
9,982 battles

For the most part the players aren't getting worse, you are getting better.

You are now at a point where you can see and understand the bone headed mistakes they are making.  Prior to this it was you making the bone headed mistakes without knowing it.

• Cool 2

Members
6,857 posts
15,308 battles
7 hours ago, Navalpride33 said:

What time was this ???

Considering the population numbers of who are active across all server regions... I would consider your one experience a one in a life time opportunity...

Oh no, not at all. I haven't been keeping track, but the low number of games that I see on MMM is astounding the last couple weeks. The one that stood out to me last week was the kaga with 60 total games that fed his planes to my Friesland for aa defense expert. 

[WOLFG]
Members
28,931 posts
8,200 battles
5 hours ago, HazeGrayUnderway said:

Some posts complaining about teams from 2015 and one from 2016.

Teams have always been bad.  It's not a recent thing.  If you've been playing this game a while and are saying things have recently gone bad, you're wrong.

It's always been bad.

Its just hasn't gotten on your nerves until now.

To be fair, I think that the (somewhat recent) proliferation of people that stop moving causes it to be more evident.

We've always had a lot of bad players, but games were nowhere near as static back in the day.

[SALVO]
Members
4,357 posts
3,781 battles
8 hours ago, Bortt said:

I have seen a CV trying to cap at match start, a DD torping islands (cuz autoain said so), a BB doing less xp than both od those guys (yes it was all the same match). Yup, pandemic teams alright.

[DPG]
Members
1,921 posts
9,549 battles

The lopsided team blowouts have been going on since at least Christmas.  I can't remember the last time I've been in a "close" game.

[WOLFG]
Members
854 posts
1 hour ago, Amenhir said:

The lopsided team blowouts have been going on since at least Christmas.  I can't remember the last time I've been in a "close" game.

How many Football games do you see that are blowouts?  How many tennis matches where one player gets crushed.  How many basketball games that aren't even close.  This happens in all sports.  Anecdotal evidence, about one in five is a blowout.  That is to be expected.

[STW-N]
Beta Testers
196 posts
25,209 battles
11 hours ago, Bortt said:

There's more in the world to worry about than this.

If people are coming to the game to find an outlet to being cooped up at home. Then welcome and hope it finds them some relief. 

[KWA]
Members
183 posts
18,179 battles

I'm not going to lie; if I spawn in the middle and the team is evenly spread I'll go the way that has less premiums.

[SALVO]
Members
4,357 posts
3,781 battles

Yes, yes... bad teams, bad players and ranting about it are as old as the game, though it took a pandemic for me to see a front line CV pushing a cap, that was one brave captain. 

[SOV]
Members
4,621 posts
11 hours ago, Bortt said:

I have not seen that but I have seen the dumbesrlt DD play if all time.

No cv in the gamw and dd dont cap they dont spot they wait for crusier to spot for them.

#cancelDD

[Y0L0W]
Members
503 posts
16,607 battles
3 hours ago, TheLastRollOfToiletPaper said:

Oh no, not at all. I haven't been keeping track, but the low number of games that I see on MMM is astounding the last couple weeks. The one that stood out to me last week was the kaga with 60 total games that fed his planes to my Friesland for aa defense expert. 

This is what I’m thinking. I know there’s always been good and bad teams. But I mean on both sides. It’s more the experience level of a lot of a players all around. There’s been a few really high damage games even in my part with multiple battleships broadside at point blank range.

Just newish players not understanding basic fundamentals.

So, almost having to adjust my play style because of it. 

[A-I-M]
Members
3,004 posts
22,002 battles
12 hours ago, Bortt said:

I'm drinking instead of checking every player on WOWS numbers. That leaves room for a sense of wonder at the snowball, either way. 

I have never cared about MM, and actually preferred the old one where it was common to have different numbers of each class on the two teams; the trend toward mirror MM is a bore to me. Some games you look off at the horizon and you are Oldendorf, some days you are Doorman. 

Edited by Pugilistic
  • Cool 2