You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
SKurj

Low tier RN BB in a +2?

14 comments in this topic

[DRFTR]
Beta Testers
2,138 posts

Ok just came out of a battle in my warpsite where I was low tier.. out of my 7 straight losses tonight i was high tier 2x, mid tier once, and the rest low tier in a +2.

How the hell do ya fight T8 cruisers (multiple) when in the warspite... or any RN BB at any tier vs +2 cruisers...    Atago was firing HE and doing more alpha damage than I could against it in a stern chase (they were chasing me - Atago and I forget what the other was but it loved to pop smoke and hide in it, it was more stealthy than the atago...  I was firing AP, I probably should have swapped to HE at least to see what it could do, but I was desperately hoping to get a cit, because I knew I had little time, and well of course time ran out for me...

The stern chase only happened because the rest of my team on that flank either ran at match start or had been sunk and we were overwhelmed with numbers, while our other flank was doing ok..

Been away from the game but even then I had 900 games since game was released, but one thing always bothered me with the spawns on the maps, often times there are 3 groups or 2, and one flank is usually weaker than the other...    so being new... wonder why as a team is it not beneficial to all form up?  Usually it seems to work that the weak flank on green is opposite the strong flank on red so almost always one flank usually ends up getting wiped out, or at the very least ships most sunk and the rest running...

with the View Range in this game I almost think the maps are too small... especially when BB captains are sitting at the start waiting to be the last one to get moving in the hopes that someone else will be the first spotted..

Had a >50% wr going into tonight now I am 0:7 in the warspite...

[GWG]
[GWG]
Supertester
26,430 posts
14,165 battles

You can do well against the cruisers if you can make it one vs one but avoid getting entangled with the top tier BB's.

[DRFTR]
Beta Testers
2,138 posts

Think I got it...

My first time even watching a replay no idea how to control the replay though.  Anyways I managed to figure out how to upload:

Warspite Spanked while -2

The Atago certainly proved how to angle armor... 

[TRIST]
Members
412 posts
4,255 battles

Your flank kinda fell apart and my comrade and I were on our way to the other side anyways, you just happened to be heading there as well. Next time, try reading on wether or not you should stay in a side before retreating, since you might've lived a bit longer if you had made it to the Dunk (which killed me rather spectacularly). I was the Edinburgh btw. Something else, when uptiered, try shadowing an upper tier ship, that way they'll provide protection and you'll be able to deal with top tiered enemies. Best of luck!

[DRFTR]
Beta Testers
2,138 posts

well in the battle i barely arrived and then turned tail i had to as the cleveland was being focused and the Nagato .. i dunno what he was thinking, likely what I thought I should have done from the start which was head east.

I was being hit for 10% of my HP + fires by the Atago from directly my 6 with HE ...  I really think the outcome might have been alittle different if i had been slinging HE at least at the Atago, i dunno...  

[TRU]
Members
602 posts
18,247 battles

I will say this, the Warspite can really chunk a Guilio Cesare or New York - even angled.  

But I do feel your pain OP.  The cruisers at times can just bleed you slowly while you watch your shells splash all around them or do 1350 damage.  

But when RNG smiles upon thee....you can crush them. 

[LZ1]
Members
259 posts
5,735 battles
14 hours ago, SKurj said:

Ok just came out of a battle in my warpsite where I was low tier.. out of my 7 straight losses tonight i was high tier 2x, mid tier once, and the rest low tier in a +2.

How the hell do ya fight T8 cruisers (multiple) when in the warspite... or any RN BB at any tier vs +2 cruisers...    Atago was firing HE and doing more alpha damage than I could against it in a stern chase (they were chasing me - Atago and I forget what the other was but it loved to pop smoke and hide in it, it was more stealthy than the atago...  I was firing AP, I probably should have swapped to HE at least to see what it could do, but I was desperately hoping to get a cit, because I knew I had little time, and well of course time ran out for me...

The stern chase only happened because the rest of my team on that flank either ran at match start or had been sunk and we were overwhelmed with numbers, while our other flank was doing ok..

Been away from the game but even then I had 900 games since game was released, but one thing always bothered me with the spawns on the maps, often times there are 3 groups or 2, and one flank is usually weaker than the other...    so being new... wonder why as a team is it not beneficial to all form up?  Usually it seems to work that the weak flank on green is opposite the strong flank on red so almost always one flank usually ends up getting wiped out, or at the very least ships most sunk and the rest running...

with the View Range in this game I almost think the maps are too small... especially when BB captains are sitting at the start waiting to be the last one to get moving in the hopes that someone else will be the first spotted..

Had a >50% wr going into tonight now I am 0:7 in the warspite...

Just save your breath. All you'll get here on the forums is people saying "go after cruisers" or "support the higher tier BBs". They're wrong of course. I have the same issue with my Dunkerque. I'm constantly fighting T8 BBs in a T6, and I'm usually the only T6 BB on my team with the rest either all T8s or maybe one T7. The rest of the ships are usually heavily stacked all T8 with the cruisers outspotting me with range similar to mine. It's horrible.

[ARGSY]
Members
10,326 posts
16,093 battles

if you are in a bottom tier,  make sure that you are never  alone or in front.   have good situation awareness so that you can always have way out.  this goes for any bote, esp in slower BB.   warspite is very agile for a BB so learn to dodge and that helps.  it won't help against good player though as much.     

[WOLFG]
Members
29,041 posts
8,293 battles
8 minutes ago, murder_0ne said:

I'm constantly fighting T8 BBs in a T6,....

If more than 40% of your last 20 battles are 2 tiers down, send a ticket in, that's not supposed to happen.

[LZ1]
Members
259 posts
5,735 battles
2 minutes ago, Skpstr said:

If more than 40% of your last 20 battles are 2 tiers down, send a ticket in, that's not supposed to happen.

It happens all the time, regardless of what ships I'm in, unless I'm in T9/10. Frankly I don't believe it's not supposed to happen. I think that MM is designed to do that on purpose so that it drives you into T9/10 so WG can profit. The same way a lot of T7/8/9 ships are just horrible compared to their T10 counterparts.

[TRIST]
Members
412 posts
4,255 battles
2 hours ago, SKurj said:

well in the battle i barely arrived and then turned tail i had to as the cleveland was being focused and the Nagato .. i dunno what he was thinking, likely what I thought I should have done from the start which was head east.

I was being hit for 10% of my HP + fires by the Atago from directly my 6 with HE ...  I really think the outcome might have been alittle different if i had been slinging HE at least at the Atago, i dunno...  

Hey man it happens, you're a pretty slow ship by T8 standards and I know how sad it feels when you've barely arrived to a dying battle. Take a small break and try again, usually when I'm on a losing streak, a nice break is all it takes! Best of luck in the seas, captain!

[WOLFG]
Members
29,041 posts
8,293 battles
1 hour ago, murder_0ne said:

It happens all the time, regardless of what ships I'm in, unless I'm in T9/10. Frankly I don't believe it's not supposed to happen. I think that MM is designed to do that on purpose so that it drives you into T9/10 so WG can profit. The same way a lot of T7/8/9 ships are just horrible compared to their T10 counterparts.

No, WG specifically said that they had tweaked MM so no more than 40% of your last 20 battles in that tier of ship will be as bottom tier.

I've noticed a big difference since they did it, because the same thing you describe used to happen in T8, to the point that many stopped playing them.

Each tier does require 20 games to "calibrate", so if you haven't played a tier for a long time, or only play the odd game here and there in a tier, you might not have hit 20 games yet. (I don't think I've hit mine for T4&5 yet)

Edited by Skpstr

[LZ1]
Members
259 posts
5,735 battles
2 hours ago, Skpstr said:

No, WG specifically said that they had tweaked MM so no more than 40% of your last 20 battles in that tier of ship will be as bottom tier.

I've noticed a big difference since they did it, because the same thing you describe used to happen in T8, to the point that many stopped playing them.

Each tier does require 20 games to "calibrate", so if you haven't played a tier for a long time, or only play the odd game here and there in a tier, you might not have hit 20 games yet. (I don't think I've hit mine for T4&5 yet)

Here's a good example from today. It's been like this all day every day since I've been grinding the German DD line. It's particularly problematic with T7/T8. Also note the radar on the opposing team. It's been pure hell getting past T8 with the German DDs.

shot-20.03.28_16.54.13-0432.jpg