Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
CRZY_TRAIN

King of the sea Collection?

12 comments in this topic

[-ICE-]
Members
417 posts

Wondering if anyone is NOT getting any King of sea collection cards?  I finished 3  missions of the european event opened IDK about 15 or so of those containers, open at least 2 sometimes 3 normal daily containers and only got 1 King of sea collection cards.  Am I that unlucky or are others having same luck?  lol

[SOFOP]
Members
2,439 posts
14,361 battles

You only get the collection pieces from the King of the Seas containers specifically.   They dont drop from any other containers or daily crates and the KOTS containers are received from missions and stream codes.

[DONKY]
[DONKY]
Members
24 posts

You have to acknowledge on website that you want to participate in KOS and then you can achieve 4 boxes playing tier X ships.

• Cool 1

[RANGR]
Members
311 posts
3,990 battles

Even with getting all the boxes you can and magically not getting a single duplicate, you need to wait for the next one in 6 months anyways to get the other half of the collection, also hoping you dont get any duplicates. This collection is very unlikely to be easily finished.

[FG]
Members
566 posts
4,799 battles
Just now, Raven2303 said:

Even with getting all the boxes you can and magically not getting a single duplicate, you need to wait for the next one in 6 months anyways to get the other half of the collection, also hoping you dont get any duplicates. This collection is very unlikely to be easily finished.

Duplicates are 1:1 for trading in. So you only need 16 items regardless of how many duplicates you get. 

Members
4,364 posts
11,269 battles
16 minutes ago, CRZY_TRAIN said:

Maybe a dumb question but how do you get those containers?   

You have to opt in on the article on the WoWS site here (https://worldofwarships.com/en/news/general-news/kots-collection/#collection) or in the news article in game, and you get a personal assignments mission that drops a total of five crates (four stages - 500k damage, 15 fires, 7 kills, 15k base xp - only t10s, any mode except clan battles, one crate from each stage and one from completing the mission), one crate was available in the daily shipments as the last day's reward, and you can get two more as twitch drops from watching the EU regional and world finals on twitch on the 3rd and 4th. 

Each crate drops one item, so you will be able to get a maximum of 8 out of 16 items this season, and the other 8 can be earned during the next KotS season. Duplicates are exchanged at a 1:1 rate, so you will be able to complete the collection in two seasons provided you get all 8 crates each season. The collection drops a t7 premium crate with a guaranteed chance to drop a currently available (I think just currently available, so Belfast is out) t7 premium ship that you do not have in your inventory.

• Cool 2

[IROCZ]
Banned
301 posts
20,502 battles

they changed it,    the 2 from the twitch where supposed to be container drops ?  

also  just go back and read it, its right there  container drop,  then it changed to mission ?

Edited by panamaz28

[CMFRT]
[CMFRT]
Members
15,738 posts

The real barricade to completing this collection appears to be allowing WG and Amazon to share their datamining of your online activity by linking Twitch and WG accounts.  

[PVE]
Members
4,266 posts
18,658 battles
13 minutes ago, KilljoyCutter said:

The real barricade to completing this collection appears to be allowing WG and Amazon to share their datamining of your online activity by linking Twitch and WG accounts.  

@Hapa_Fodder  remember you asked me why I wasn't interested in signing up for twitch the other day........   Well, @KilljoyCutter has said the same thing I wrote back to you about electronic footprints..... 

So, since many of us don't subscribe to Twitch, will we be able to finish the collection???    I look forward to your reply.

[LEGIT]
Members
2,334 posts
31,806 battles

I don't twitch.  I'm not going to spend time watching someone else play.  I'd rather be playing the game myself.  So hopefully I'll be able to complete the collection.  If not, that's OK. 

But the more WG does this sort of stuff; i.e. making it difficult to participate by just playing the game, the more people will just not pay any attention to this stuff and look elsewhere for entertainment.

Sign in to follow this