You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
monpetitloup

Riddle me this

35 comments in this topic

[1984]
Members
4,482 posts
21,506 battles

so how can this player who has so few games and a 40percent win rate show a rank 1 in the latest season? clearly one of the bots they've been implementing in randoms...? what's your justification?

image.thumb.png.5dcc4f126204db7da69f834d79cbc0be.png

shot-20.03.27_23.46.12-0898.jpg

shot-20.03.27_23.46.25-0958.jpg

Edited by monpetitloup
  • Boring 2

[1984]
Members
4,482 posts
21,506 battles
3 minutes ago, Burnsy said:

You have "pilot season" selected.

that was the only tab available. that's what' i'm trying to point out. i cant comprehend how to explain it other than bots

shot-20.03.28_00.01.53-0065.jpg

Edited by monpetitloup

[A-D-F]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
8,763 posts
1 minute ago, monpetitloup said:

that was the only tab available. that's what' i'm trying to point out. i cant comprehend how to explain it other than bots.

It isn't the current season.  If you select the current season, he might have played 200 games played in it for all we know.

• Boring 1

[1984]
Members
4,482 posts
21,506 battles
Just now, Burnsy said:

It isn't the current season.  If you select the current season, he might have played 200 games for all we know.

see post above

[A-D-F]
8,763 posts
3 minutes ago, monpetitloup said:

see post above

Oh so you are saying that the player didn't play in this season, yet is rank 1?

[1984]
Members
4,482 posts
21,506 battles
2 minutes ago, Burnsy said:

Oh so you are saying that the player didn't play in this season, yet is rank 1?

precisely.

[A-D-F]
8,763 posts
Just now, monpetitloup said:

precisely.

I see, yep, that is weird.

[NSEW]
Members
2,273 posts
11,884 battles

Nevermind tier 10.  Just yesterday, I was in a Tier 9 game with mixed with Tier 7+.  The other two remaining battleships (both tier 7s), were literally hiding at grid A1/A2.  When the opposition were closing the gap to our capped zone (A) from B and C.  We lost, since I'm no super unicum.  But upon checking their records after the game, they both had sub 400 games each with tier 7 ships @40% (they also had tier 10s in their record files).

I understand the need for players to advance up the tiers as fast as possible. Which this game encourages allows.  However, the thought of me thinking that their progression was for nought creeps into my head.

[KIA-A]
Members
944 posts
6,000 battles
Just now, monpetitloup said:

precisely.

Might be a bug with the system - Try to check on wows numbers. Even if it was a bot, it would still show a number of battles for this past ranked season.

[HRVAT]
[HRVAT]
Members
1,674 posts
13,663 battles

image.thumb.png.c6196aec96cda4b8c6e49390c160073f.png

Edited by LadyA - Baštovana

[PVE]
Members
5,095 posts
22,557 battles
14 minutes ago, LowSpeed_US said:

Nevermind tier 10.  Just yesterday, I was in a Tier 9 game with mixed with Tier 7+.  The other two remaining battleships (both tier 7s), were literally hiding at grid A1/A2.  When the opposition were closing the gap to our capped zone (A) from B and C.  We lost, since I'm no super unicum.  But upon checking their records after the game, they both had sub 400 games each with tier 7 ships @40% (they also had tier 10s in their record files).

I understand the need for players to advance up the tiers as fast as possible. Which this game encourages allows.  However, the thought of me thinking that their progression was for nought creeps into my head.

There really aren't any rules.......  You could simply buy a tier 10 ship and play ranked after "x" many games I think....   In the very few games I played at tier 10, we have CPT's that seriously didn't know what keys did what and had trouble not colliding with Islands........   They all had way less than 200 games and were playing tier 10 ships.  Heck, you can sometimes "try out" ships for ranked.   A clan mate went 10-0 and jumped to tier 9 or 10 and they weren't close matches at all.   And, we've heard many that went 0-13+ and couldn't go up in rank to save their souls......  RNG on what you get team skill wise....  It's just an arcade game anymore and if you spend enough, you can have all of the gizmo's and meta ships without doing very much.........

[1984]
Members
4,482 posts
21,506 battles
24 minutes ago, Leopard_IX said:

Might be a bug with the system - Try to check on wows numbers. Even if it was a bot, it would still show a number of battles for this past ranked season.

oh i did. here's what it shows:

New update frequency - every 15 minutes on stats page!

[HINON]
Members
8,689 posts
12,682 battles

hold up, what sort of wizardry is this

Edited by tcbaker777

[1984]
Members
4,482 posts
21,506 battles
14 minutes ago, RipNuN2 said:

Left over from ranked sprint? 

nope, the only option is the pilot season of ranked as shown in the picture. like i said, i really dont get this.

[HINON]
Members
8,689 posts
12,682 battles
3 minutes ago, monpetitloup said:

check the photo. he didnt play.

tis my mistake, ive edited my comment in response to seeing the dark magic that is.....whatever this is

[TDRB]
Members
5,162 posts
13,743 battles

so how can this player who has so few games and a 40percent win rate show a rank 1 in the latest season? clearly one of the bots they've been implementing in randoms...? what's your justification?

One alternative is this could be a "shared" account. A highly skilled player helping out a younger sibling or child. It also could be someone trolling. Some people do enjoying creating mischief that they will spend money to do so.

Yes, a bot is a possibility but it isn't the last choice left.

Members
2,388 posts
52 battles

Ranked is a grind, not a display of skill thanks to star saving. It is perfectly possible to rank out with a 40% WR. Can just takes you like a few thousand matches or so.

Ofc skilled players will generally rank out faster, but that doesn't get displayed.

[PVE]
Members
10,923 posts
18,896 battles
2 hours ago, monpetitloup said:

You can do ranked with a 20% WR if you play enough. So my justification is, that it isn't even a ranking system in the first place. So then, riddle me why they call it Ranked.

Riddle: What is Ranked with out any Ranks?

Answer: WOWs Ranked mode.

Edited by Sovereigndawg
  • Boring 1

[HINON]
Members
14,007 posts
41 minutes ago, Sovereigndawg said:

You can do ranked with a 20% WR if you play enough. So my justification is, that it isn't even a ranking system in the first place. So then, riddle me why they call it Ranked.

Riddle: What is Ranked with out any Ranks?

Answer: WOWs Ranked mode.

Nope, below a certain point a player couldn't play enough matches to rank out and would simply get stuck at the last irrevocable rank. Players with winrates far below 50% rarely rank out.