You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Nicnac_58th

Why do I have to enroll in Naval Battles?

7 comments in this topic

[T-B-K]
Members
26 posts
3,594 battles

Serious question:

In random battles, it's a crapshoot of players who rush forward and die in the first 2 minutes, those who stay on the bottom lines and do nothing to contribute, and of course, others who spam hate chat after they are dead.

Are we supposed to enroll in Naval Battles only for clan battles or are we supposed to consult a seer who will let us know when we will have 1/3 random battle with partners who are not on the short bus?

[ARGSY]
Members
23,407 posts
17,347 battles

It depends on what they're asking for.

If it's damage or ribbons, consider doing it in co-op.

If it's base XP, do as many as you can while the bar is still low.

• Cool 1

[MEIST]
Members
1,506 posts
5,763 battles
Just now, Nicnac_58th said:

Serious question:

In random battles, it's a crapshoot of players who rush forward and die in the first 2 minutes, those who stay on the bottom lines and do nothing to contribute, and of course, others who spam hate chat after they are dead.

Are we supposed to enroll in Naval Battles only for clan battles or are we supposed to consult a seer who will let us know when we will have 1/3 random battle with partners who are not on the short bus?

Its only for clan battles I believe. You don't have to enroll, I never have.

[A-I-M]
Members
3,871 posts
14,894 battles

Just relax on the matter.

You don’t enroll. You enable or disable them. Just read your team’s scoreboard, and then you either:

1. Decide on what ship and battle mode will allow you to best score a point for the team, or

2. If you have already decided what ship you want to play, use the board to determine if you want Naval Battles enabled for your next battle or not.

If you want to start a matchmaker angst thread, start a matchmaker angst thread. Don’t wrap it in a Naval Battles veil.

• Cool 6

[INTEL]
Members
7,757 posts
36,938 battles

Besides what was said before, Naval Battles has nothing to do with Clan Battles.

It is optional for Clan members and it helps the Clan get more oil for building the Clan Port.

[GWG]
[GWG]
Alpha Tester
27,930 posts
14,885 battles
1 hour ago, jager_geist said:

Its only for clan battles I believe. You don't have to enroll, I never have.

You do have to enable them for Friday - Sunday.

[R-F]
Members
1,787 posts
10,858 battles

If they automatically enabled attempts, you would have people using up their attempts on games that were unlikely to earn a prize, either because they're doing coop on an xp-based weekend, or playing a type of ship in which clanmates have already cleared several levels instead of something easier.  So it's a good thing.

If I understand OP's complaint, it's that, when you enable an attempt, you don't know if you're going to have a good team that will give you a good opportunity to succeed, or a bad team that's going to get steamrolled no matter how well you play.  Which is true, but... it is what it is.