You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Sup3rcharged_Banana

Looking at...

12 comments in this topic

Members
27 posts
2,938 battles

Looking at getting a carrier.  But, I would like to know the strengths and weaknesses of IJN, US and UK carriers. 

If there is a link somewhere, or someone comment on them, that would be great.

Thanks

[OO7]
Members
481 posts
29,238 battles
42 minutes ago, Sup3rcharged_Banana said:

Looking at getting a carrier.  But, I would like to know the strengths and weaknesses of IJN, US and UK carriers. 

Thanks

-UK planes are fairly tanky but slow. Rockets and tb's are good. Db's are meh. 

-us planes are fairly fast and all plane types are good. Very new player friendly. 

-ijn planes are the fastest and have the largest squad size for db's and tb's. Rockets are decent but the db's and tb's are your bread and butter here. Gets strong ap bombs 

[GWG]
[GWG]
Alpha Tester
27,938 posts
14,888 battles
1 hour ago, eagle_lance said:

-UK planes are fairly tanky but slow. Rockets and tb's are good. Db's are meh. 

-us planes are fairly fast and all plane types are good. Very new player friendly. 

-ijn planes are the fastest and have the largest squad size for db's and tb's. Rockets are decent but the db's and tb's are your bread and butter here. Gets strong ap bombs 

Actually other than the DB's that are not DB's the RN CV's are more new player friendly because of the slow planes making it much easier to turn around for another attack particularly with rockets vs DD's. The TB's have a converging angle to their torpedoes which if you are on target increases the number of hits.

US and IJN I generally agree with what you said. The one real down side to IJN CV's beside the brittle planes is they only have rockets as a viable tool to use against DD's where the others have two with rockets and DB's with the non-premium CV's.

[CLUMP]
Members
1,529 posts
2,202 battles
5 hours ago, Sup3rcharged_Banana said:

Thanks

I wouldn't try IJN as your first I would go for U.S carriers or U.K you can try IJN but they have a high skill ceiling :Smile_hiding: 

Edited by LastRemnant

[CYPHR]
Members
1,038 posts
10,043 battles

The reason why another commenter said that IJN has a steep learning curve for CV players is that each squadron type/plane type has a very specific purpose and isn't really multirole like RN or USN.  For example, their DBs or Dive Bombers are AP bombs which makes them good for BBs and some heavy CAs, but not light cruisers or CLs and DDs.  Also, IJN CVs, have faster planes and typically hit harder than the other CV types, but their planes are made of paper!  Avoiding flak clouds and also really planning your approaches to ships demands a highly competent captain and player to manage which adds to the steep learning curve.

[WPORT]
Members
8,185 posts
13,206 battles
7 hours ago, Sup3rcharged_Banana said:

Thanks

World of Warships wiki page for Aircraft Carriers
https://wiki.wargaming.net/en/Ship:Aircraft_Carriers

[GRETA]
Members
1,384 posts
10,620 battles
8 hours ago, Sup3rcharged_Banana said:

Thanks

Buy yourself the ark royal and practice with her in co op then operations.  She is premium so she makes decent credits.   She has good reserves and squad sizes.   Her planes are some of the easiest to learn with.

Some have complained that her t4 and 5 planes suffer in randoms when you are up tiered however my experience is she does just as well as other t6 cv when up tiered and is borderline op when top tier.

All in all she is (imo) the best trainer cv out there.

[-NOM-]
Members
107 posts
13,268 battles

Watch some CV videos on YouTube by TopTier.    Do as he does.....