Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
CMDR_Redwazza

EU Destroyers Event

9 comments in this topic

Members
5 posts
6,177 battles

What is with the Containers for this event???? I finished the third Directive and thought cool... now to get my hands on the next ship, the T6, as i hadn't recieved enough tokens in the 5 Containers after the second set of directives..... 

Well... I recieved 3 x 10, 1 x 20, 1 x 30 and 1 x 40..... leaving me on 390 Tokens.... Now i know i should look on the bright side and know that i will definately get the T6 Vasteras next week, but, after compleeting the second and third set of directives and recieving 11 containers, i think the RNG is way too low... The only way to get the T7, T8 and T9 is to buy the 8 or 9 containers to get the necessary 2400 Tokens.... not exactly a rip off, but, The statement from WG that we can Earn these ships is a LOOOOOOOOOONG, LOOOOOOOOOOOOOONG way from the truth......

[O_O]
[O_O]
Members
5,229 posts
22,826 battles
14 minutes ago, CMDR_Redwazza said:

... The only way to get the T7, T8 and T9 is to buy the 8 or 9 containers to get the necessary 2400 Tokens.... not exactly a rip off, but, ....

You've given the reason! They wish to make money on the event. Some "suckers" will pay doubloons for a tech tree ship.

The truth is you can earn them for free. You have to have RNG on your side. Good luck with that!

Members
3,792 posts
23,987 battles
31 minutes ago, CMDR_Redwazza said:

What is with the Containers for this event???? I finished the third Directive and thought cool... now to get my hands on the next ship, the T6, as i hadn't recieved enough tokens in the 5 Containers after the second set of directives..... 

Well... I recieved 3 x 10, 1 x 20, 1 x 30 and 1 x 40..... leaving me on 390 Tokens.... Now i know i should look on the bright side and know that i will definately get the T6 Vasteras next week, but, after compleeting the second and third set of directives and recieving 11 containers, i think the RNG is way too low... The only way to get the T7, T8 and T9 is to buy the 8 or 9 containers to get the necessary 2400 Tokens.... not exactly a rip off, but, The statement from WG that we can Earn these ships is a LOOOOOOOOOONG, LOOOOOOOOOOOOOONG way from the truth......

RNG can be fickle or generous. 2nd directive I got 90 but 3rd directive I got 350.

Also, the event was never designed for players to get the upper tier DDs without spending money on containers. It's an early access event for tech tree ships. If you have patience then wait until they are available to grind for free.

[TDR]
[TDR]
Members
1,112 posts
11,822 battles

So you are going to get 2 free ships, fully upgraded, with captains, port slots, and then the ability to sell the base modules upon release from early access and that is bad? I’d say that’s pretty fair imo. It’s RNG but your basically guaranteed at least one ship and 2 is more likely with any luck. Considering there were many, myself included, who got zero British heavies, I prefer this event by far.

[DOG]
Members
738 posts
13,295 battles
2 hours ago, CMDR_Redwazza said:

My luck has only been marginally better. I have the T5 and T6 with a surplus of 150 tokens.  With one more directive I won't get the T7 (unless I get significantly luckier).  This by the way is in keeping with my experience in EVERY new line introduction (regardless of the pre-release mechanism used by WG) - have only ever managed to get the T5 and T6 ships.  So, it's nice to see someone with the higher tier ships, but that is similar to the lottery winners (yes, they got a bunch of money but that is so far outside of the norm that everyone else experienced). So seeing someone that "won" the RNG rolls makes you think its unfair but WG doesn't want to have lots of winners. Just because you COULD win doesn't mean you WILL win.

[WDS]
[WDS]
Members
4,268 posts
12,229 battles
3 hours ago, CMDR_Redwazza said:

not exactly a rip off, but, The statement from WG that we can Earn these ships is a LOOOOOOOOOONG, LOOOOOOOOOOOOOONG way from the truth......

So why the post then your going to get 2 free ships and it's not a long way off from the truth . You need to get lucky to get the tier 7 or 8 ships with tokens we all knew that already . 

Now you can start the grind at tier 7 so it will make it cheaper and faster to get to 10 if you want to .

[ARGSY]
Members
23,388 posts
17,330 battles
2 hours ago, 1SneakyDevil said:

If you have patience

(Emphasis mine.)

Therein lies the catch for all too many people in these forums. :Smile_coin:

• Cool 1

[VCRUZ]
Members
4,049 posts
9,180 battles

You can (or could) get up to T9 for free. But you need some luck. 

During RN CAs event i got only Hawkins (some friends got all four ships). Now i already got Visby and Vasteras, and im 20 tokens away from Skane. As long as i complete the next directives im going to get at least the T7 and maybe T8. Much better luck than i had with the RN CAs. 

IMO, not worth spending money to get a tech tree ship that i can get for free in a couple months just by playing the game as i would normally do. 

[PVE]
Members
10,925 posts
18,908 battles

Yeah now WG is making you grind and then making it a game of chance. You can get more containers from watching twitch or YouTube live feeds, but don't waste your time watching if you are a Co op player. Sadly WG discriminates against PVE.

Edited by Sovereigndawg

Sign in to follow this