You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Legio_X_

WG explain to me why the player base should play any other ship besides Russian?

143 comments in this topic

Members
2,445 posts
5,464 battles

I don't care if they are test ships. These new T10 CA/CL Russian cruisers absolutely power creep every CA/CL we have in game. Better ballistics, handling, armor, HP pool.

Hell the T10 CL has 8km torps  5 per side that go 60kts. 

I'm looking at Kremlin, Smolensk, Moskva, Stalingrad, and now these two new ships coming. 

Why in the hell would someone pick anything else?

• Cool 13
  • Boring 13

[NONE]
Members
3,778 posts
11,383 battles
3 minutes ago, Legio_X_ said:

I don't care if they are test ships. These new T10 CA/CL Russian cruisers absolutely power creep every CA/CL we have in game. Better ballistics, handling, armor, HP pool.

I'm looking at Kremlin, Smolensk, Moskva, Stalingrad, and now these two new ships coming. 

Bah, that's nothing. Just wait till you see VMF subs and CV's. :Smile_teethhappy:

Edited by So_lt_Goes
  • Funny 6

[K-POP]
Members
3,070 posts
24,599 battles

This is not going to end until they have 3 BB split lines, 4 CA/ CL split lines, 6 DD split lines, 2 Sub split lines ( just wait till they find those mouldy old blueprints from a broom cupboard ) and the best CV line in game. 

The only way your going to be able to sink them is with these babies @Legio_X_

B-2 Spirit Bomber In Cruise - YouTube

Stealth aircraft - Wikipedia

• Cool 2
  • Funny 2
  • Boring 1

[USCC2]
Members
6,462 posts
6 minutes ago, tm63au said:

This is not going to end until they have 3 BB split lines, 4 CA/ CL split lines, 6 DD split lines, 2 Sub split lines ( just wait till they find those mouldy old blueprints from a broom cupboard ) and the best CV line in game. 

The only way your going to be able to sink them is with these babies @Legio_X_

B-2 Spirit Bomber In Cruise - YouTube

Stealth aircraft - Wikipedia

And then the Russian versions will be better! :Smile_trollface:

• Cool 3
  • Funny 6
  • Boring 1

Members
2,445 posts
5,464 battles

I see my Wooster with premium camo completely worthless now and nothing but a port queen.

Edited by Legio_X_
  • Cool 1

[KSC]
Clan Supertest Coordinator
5,295 posts
8,554 battles
10 minutes ago, Legio_X_ said:

I see my Wooster with premium camo completely worthless now and nothing but a port queen.

Huh....the Worcester has *significantly* better DPM than the Nevsky (roughly 72% more DPM).  The two ships are very different in play style, and the Nevsky in no way shape or form power creeps the Worcester.  

• Cool 2
  • Funny 1
  • Boring 2

Members
2,445 posts
5,464 battles
4 minutes ago, yashma said:

Huh....the Worcester has *significantly* better DPM than the Nevsky (roughly 72% more DPM).  The two ships are very different in play style, and the Nevsky in no way shape or form power creeps the Worcester.  

Sorry the Nevsky (from videos I have seen) will be x10 times better than woos. Able to kite, good armor, very good ballistics, 180mm guns that have pen of 203s. 

• Cool 1
  • Boring 2

[KSC]
5,295 posts
8,554 battles
1 minute ago, Legio_X_ said:

Sorry the Nevsky (from videos I have seen) will be x10 times better than woos. Able to kite, good armor, very good ballistics, 180mm guns that have pen of 203s. 

It's a little disingenuous to discount DPM when the Worcester is more or less a glass cannon defined by its DPM.  It's the reason you play the Worcester over things like the Hindenburg, Moskva or Venezia in the first place.  The Worcester still has its niche, and the Nevsky doesn't power creep it in the slightest. 

• Cool 4
  • Funny 1

[TDR]
[TDR]
Members
1,112 posts
11,836 battles

It is a fair point that the 2 play differently but it still begs the question why would I play Worcester or any other light cruiser, save maybe smolboi, when you could play a better light cruiser 

• Cool 1

Members
2,445 posts
5,464 battles
1 minute ago, yashma said:

It's a little disingenuous to discount DPM when the Worcester is more or less a glass cannon defined by its DPM.  It's the reason you play the Worcester over things like the Hindenburg, Moskva or Venezia in the first place.  The Worcester still has its niche, and the Nevsky doesn't power creep it in the slightest. 

Better DPM with rainbow arcs? Better DPM when you have to island hump? She may have better DPM, but when you take into account the ability for the T10 CL to kite, and open water fire, which means more targets to shoot at, means more damage.

• Cool 1

[KSC]
5,295 posts
8,554 battles
5 minutes ago, Legio_X_ said:

Better DPM with rainbow arcs? Better DPM when you have to island hump? She may have better DPM, but when you take into account the ability for the T10 CL to kite, and open water fire, which means more targets to shoot at, means more damage.

But the same can be said for something like the Hindenburg.

• Cool 1

[NATO]
Beta Testers
2,250 posts
7,910 battles
49 minutes ago, Legio_X_ said:

This is no different than WoT. Originally (I was a beta tester) there was Ru, US and German lines only. Now there are a multitude of nationalities and the US and German lines are rarely seen in random games unless a premium vehicle. Russian tech tree tanks are everywhere, still relevant, still effective, while non T10 tanks of the German and US tech tree tanks have been powercreeped to obscurity.

RU ships are designed to take advantage of the existing meta, bow tanking and using islands to guard broadside.

I get WG wanting to cater to their primary clientele, but keep that crap on the RU server.

• Cool 4
  • Boring 1

[KWF]
Members
5,803 posts
7,013 battles

Someone could have said the same back when USN CLs were able to stealthradar and Worcester was considered OP, or when RN BBs entered the game and the abomination of Conqueror emerged. 

Point is, power creep is a good source of attracting income, regardless of nationality.

• Funny 1

Members
12,597 posts
14,320 battles
10 minutes ago, hipcanuck said:

This is no different than WoT. Originally (I was a beta tester) there was Ru, US and German lines only. Now there are a multitude of nationalities and the US and German lines are rarely seen in random games unless a premium vehicle. Russian tech tree tanks are everywhere, still relevant, still effective, while non T10 tanks of the German and US tech tree tanks have been powercreeped to obscurity.

RU ships are designed to take advantage of the existing meta, bow tanking and using islands to guard broadside.

I get WG wanting to cater to their primary clientele, but keep that crap on the RU server.

WOT Blitz has long been the primary Tank game for many of the players and a I think WG knows it as they have managed things far better. A wake up call for them as such was just how many WOT players totally abandoned WOT for Blitz and I know a ton of players just that I have met that did this because the PC WOT had gotten so bad and this was 2014-2015 that this mass exodus from WOT PC happened. So no surprise that the PC version is still a mess.

[PVE]
Members
13,429 posts
28,176 battles

Disclaimer - I have finished all current RU lines to T10 and I have all the premiums (T4+) except Neustrashimy and Stalingrad.

At least for me "most" of the RU ships are some of my least favorite in game. I constantly read this RU Bias thing and wonder what people are talking about?

Battleships:

I enjoy Kreml and play it a lot and Vladivostok is another I enjoy (haven't played much recently though), and Pyotr Velikiy is good at T5. Soyuz at T9 is ok but far from the best T9 BB.  The rest of the RU tech tree BB's (have all T3-T10) do nothing for me including Sinop (don't get the love for this ship I see so often from others???). Kreml is the only one that even approaches OP and at least IMO falls short. Just very strong but with weaknesses. For Premiums you have Nikolai that has fallen out of the OP category but is still solid, Okt Rev which is pretty average (IMO), Poltava (no one would call it OP - it's not even meh), and Lenin (average at best).

Cruisers:

For the "current" tech tree Cruisers Budyonny is good as is Moskva but neither is OP. The rest = blah for me. RU CL's are not monsters. They are long range HE spammers with poor handling and awful armor. 1 shots waiting to happen. Moskva is pretty good but it too is fragile and easily 1 shot if you make a mistake showing the side, it handles like a drunk whale, and has awful concealment. NONE are OP. For Premiums you have Stalingrad which I guess is OP (don't have so can't say really) and Smolensk that people call OP. I disagree Smolensk is OP. It's really good but really good is not OP. It requires other ships to spot for it to be the most effective while sitting in smoke spamming HE. Mikhail Kutuzov used to be OP but global changes to smoke firing removed that label. It's a decent ship but no where near OP now. Kronshtadt is not even close to being OP either (it's pretty bad and I hardly see it played by anyone these days outside of flake events). Lazo is decent but again OP? Not. Then you have the likes of Admiral Makarov and Molotov. Anyone see OP there? No didn't think so. And then of course we have Murmansk and the Krispy Kreme. I dare you to call those 2 OP (and seriously mean it).  The T2/T3 Premiums are not OP either (have most).  

Destroyers:

The RU DD's as a whole suck IMO. Grozovoi is the only one even close to decent. You can keep the rest. That is Premium and tech. Some are "ok", like Okhotnik and Gremyashchy (I would not call it OP now even if it was considered that way back), but for the most part they are high detection, awful torps, DD's that just are not fun or as good as the other Nation's DD's. So where is the bias and OP in RU DD's? Even if you like them I think any honest person would admit they are far from the best (any of them) in the game.

I am sorry but I just don't see the RU Bias so many complain about non stop. For the most part I find RU ships some of the worst in game. Again, some stand out here nd there as good to very good, and maybe an OP or 2, but overall their ships are pretty blah. At least for me. The new incoming Cruisers look strong in early testing but how much will carry to live AND they also seem to have a lot of the current RU traits that are big weaknesses. The only RU bias I see with these new ships incoming is that they are coming before real ships for other nations that have been asked for over and over for years like Italian BB's, Battlecruisers lines, etc.... The bias is more let's do more RU ships because we are a Russian company than it being the ships are all OP. Again, at least IMO, RU ships usually are some of the worst in game. YMMV as always. 

In answer to the OP's thread title I play non RU ships all/most of the time because they are better and more fun.  

Edited by AdmiralThunder
  • Cool 13
  • Boring 4

[EQRN]
Members
2,209 posts
19,820 battles

For some, pixels are pixels - who cares which pixels do better; for others there is no reality in which the Soviet Union fields naval vessels coming close to rivaling the prevailing major naval powers of the time and that is kinda important for a game that, however tenuously, makes it’s mark by featuring historical ships.

• Cool 1

[ARGSY]
Members
23,407 posts
17,347 battles

5 hours ago, Rothgar_57 said:

[removed]

Thunder is almost exclusively a co-op player and makes no attempt to hide it; his Random win rate does not reflect the way he plays the game as a whole. 

• Cool 4
  • Boring 2

[CDOH]
Members
790 posts
8,253 battles
5 hours ago, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

[hidden]

No offense but PVE players experiences are vastly different from Randoms and ranked.  So again how does his post have any weight.

• Cool 3
  • Boring 1

[WOLFG]
Members
11,810 posts
10,962 battles
3 minutes ago, Rothgar_57 said:

No offense but PVE players experiences are vastly different from Randoms and ranked.  So again how does his post have any weight.

A 63% Random player is telling you something in this thread, and you are ignoring it.  

If we are weighing posts, who should we listen to?

• Boring 1

Members
2,445 posts
5,464 battles
6 minutes ago, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

To raise a middle finger to people like you, whose thinking is inspired by fear and panic instead of logic and reason.

Thunder is almost exclusively a co-op player and makes no attempt to hide it; his Random win rate does not reflect the way he plays the game as a whole. 

Where is the fear and panic? The logic and reasoning shows that these ships will power creep a lot of ships In game.

[PVE]
Members
13,429 posts
28,176 battles

46 minutes ago, Rothgar_57 said:

I have close to 20K games played in WOWS. I am primarily a Co-op player and as EC said above I do not try and hide that (see my signature). With that said I have every single line in this game done to T10 and have most of the premiums. I have played most of the game's ships. The meta's of PVP and Co-op are different but the ships themselves are the exact same. Your armor and guns are not different because you play Co-op. I can compare how ship A does vs all the rest because I have it or at least have played it. 

• Cool 4

[WOLFG]
Members
11,810 posts
10,962 battles
39 minutes ago, Rothgar_57 said:

[REMOVED

Why aren't you listening to someone with a 63% win rate?

• Boring 1

[ARGSY]
Members
23,407 posts
17,347 battles
1 minute ago, Rothgar_57 said:

Because bots are even more unforgiving of your screwups than human players are.

They always have the right ammo loaded to punish your broadside, and at short-medium range they don't often miss.

They will always break your rudder or engine or set you on fire seconds after you DCP'd to save yourself from triple fires on low health.

They will always nail you when you're in a Khaba or Kleber or something like that, speed-tanking in a way that even the most determined human unicum would find difficult to punish. 

They will ruthlessly expose and exploit the vulnerabilities of any ship you choose to sail in. 

I'm reminded of the singer James Blunt's claim, justified by having served in the British Army in Kosovo, that he'd been shot at more times than 50 Cent. Thunder's probably been shot at in this game far more often than you have, and arguably has a better sense of what happens to his ships when he's hit. 

3 minutes ago, Legio_X_ said:

The logic and reasoning shows that these ships will power creep a lot of ships In game.

That's just your opinion. I happen to disagree with it.

Intelligent players will find the weak spots of these ships and exploit them ruthlessly.

Weak players who FXP to them in the expectation that they are the key to victory will have their heads handed to them on a plate and will rue the day they wasted their FXP (possibly bought with real money) on such a frivolous thing.

• Cool 2
  • Boring 2