Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
epojokke

Italian cruiser captain skills

9 comments in this topic

[DAS]
Members
973 posts
8,171 battles

My Italian cruiser captain is currently in the tier IX and has 5 unspent points (he has concealment).

I don't really know where to use the points so forum wizards, please help.

[BOTES]
Members
2,192 posts
8,057 battles

Personally, I take these skills in this order:

1. Expert Loader
  2. Adrenaline Rush
  3. Superintendent
  4. Concealment Expert
  5. Fire Prevention
  6. Survivability Expert
  7. Expert Marksman

A lot of people would say you shouldn't be lit on fire much in these ships anyways so I could also see removing Survivability Expert and switching it to a 1+2 combo, such as Jack of all Trades and Preventive Maintenance. I never like taking chances with fire and I make it as ineffectual as possible, whether I'm in a Minotaur or a Moskva. Also, just to explain the logic behind taking Survivability Expert instead of Basics of Survivability concerning fire damage: Survivability Expert isn't just a flat HP upgrade. That HP upgrade means your repair parties can heal more nominal health, even though the percentages are the same. Therefore, a 3,500 HP increase at T10 can actually be a lot more than 3,500 HP. Now if you're not going to play past T8, you'll never get Repair Party for Italian cruisers, so at that point I would take Basics of Survivability instead. But if you want to future proof, Survivability Expert provides more effective damage mitigation with the rare exception of battleships and certain battlecruisers, which burn long enough and get burned often enough that Basics of Survivability saves more HP and also assists more with concealing oneself. Smaller ships don't have as difficult of a time disengaging, even when lit on fire. This is also why I take this skill later on and not when I get my first three point skill. Plus you want those fuel smoke generators for the memes.

Edited by awildseaking
  • Cool 1

[VCRUZ]
Members
4,049 posts
9,180 battles

My Venezia cpt has: 

PT

AR

SI

CE

RPF

EM

JoaT

EL

I like RPF as a second 4 point skill because it helps a lot against DDs, wihtout radar or hydro. Its good to know from where the torps might come from. And possible to chase some DDs in late game situations. 

Edited by Xlap

Members
713 posts
5,735 battles
4 hours ago, captain_fearless said:

Definitely IFHE and demolition expert will help. 

Ignore this intentionally bad advice.  Not sure why this was posted, but as Italian CAs fire SAP instead of HE neither skill will benefit them. 

I would need to log in to check my Sansonetti build for Venezia, I don't recall off the top of my head.  Fortunately, the Italians do not seem to be skill point greedy which allows some flexibility in your build.

• Cool 1

Members
6,621 posts
20,677 battles

I'll second RL (rpf).

This also lets you know, at least helps you know if it's safe to fire within your own smoke. The Gun bloom in smoke penalty is horrible at tier ten.... 9.9k, RL lets you know if you can take some pot shots or stay quiet.

[DAS]
Members
973 posts
8,171 battles
7 hours ago, captain_fearless said:

Definitely IFHE and demolition expert will help. 

I am not sure about IFHE, but I think I really need Demo because I am not setting as many fires as I would like. :)

[DAS]
Members
973 posts
8,171 battles
7 hours ago, Xlap said:

My Venezia cpt has: 

PT

AR

SI

CE

RPF

EM

JoaT

EL

I like RPF as a second 4 point skill because it helps a lot against DDs, wihtout radar or hydro. Its good to know from where the torps might come from. And possible to chase some DDs in late game situations. 

I have never been a fan of RPF since it can be a bit buggy at times and it can also help the enemy team.

However, I might give that build a try.

[VCRUZ]
Members
4,049 posts
9,180 battles
11 minutes ago, epojokke said:

I have never been a fan of RPF since it can be a bit buggy at times and it can also help the enemy team.

However, I might give that build a try.

Italian CAs are not that hungry for skill points. Secundarie/AA build, not worth. Survivability build, not needed. Fire start/pen build, not needed. The only thing that is left is some utility. IMO RPF fits that. 

BFT or BoS can work, though you are specializing more towards AA or survivability. 

RPF can be a little weird because it points to the center of the square (on the minimap) that the enemy ship is. In some situations this can cause a "jump" on the indicator because the ship moved a square. 

Sign in to follow this