Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
iDuckman

Is it possible to consolidate accounts?

18 comments in this topic

[WOLF9]
Wiki Lead
15,839 posts
4,771 battles

I started a Steam account when WG moved onto Steam to see whether the experience would be different from a portal account. It's really not, so I have an account with Doubloons, resources, etc. that I rarely play. 

Can I roll it into my main account and delete it?  @Hapa_Fodder

• Funny 1

[NSC]
Members
2,333 posts
1 minute ago, iDuckman said:

I started a Steam account when WG moved onto Steam to see whether the experience would be different from a portal account. It's really not, so I have an account with Doubloons, resources, etc. that I rarely play. 

I'm assuming not. They don't merge accounts like ever.

Also, don't Privateers get, uh... Private channels to ask these questions?

• Funny 1

Members
4,147 posts
44,248 battles

It would be great to unify all accounts ever used across all servers and just use one for everything.

This way a player can log in to any server to find better Random matches or other reasons I can't think of.

The only fly in the ointment is stats merge, accounts with other games, and the gobs of data that would have to be compiled for some players.

It would probably tie up a WG programmer for days.

In my opinion it's too labor intensive. The hours to do it would take a week per player. And WG would not pay an employee to do this without paying for the cost of labor by the player.

If I had to pay for it, it probably would cost about $400 US. And that is the presumption of 1 other account on another server and there's not much on it.

Even I would rather leave thing's as they are, because any data merge could cost you something missing from errors in the transfer.

As wonderful as the information age is, storage, transfer, and merge would still be too risky.

[WOLF5]
Supertester
4,851 posts
4,290 battles

If you can, it would be an individual thing. Put in a ticket to support, if WG is willing to do something like that they'll be the ones to get in contact with.

[CYNIC]
Members
2,937 posts
7,861 battles
3 hours ago, iDuckman said:

If they do let it occur, I'll give you $5 for all of the goods to be transferred to me --- oh wait, that's probably why they'd never let it happen...

[WOLF2]
Members
4,985 posts
20,953 battles
4 hours ago, iDuckman said:

Can I reroll and keep all my stuff?

Make it so Russian Oligarch!

[WG]
Administrator, Developers, Community Department, WG Staff, In AlfaTesters
4,592 posts
15,143 battles
11 hours ago, iDuckman said:

Aloha,

Thanks for the tag quakie,

Merging accounts in general, not so much, because there is A LOT that goes into merging an account. I am talking to some people about seeing if people can move their accounts TO Steam or FROM Steam and I am just waiting for an answer. Typically speaking tho, it's not exactly easy to do this either.

Mahalo,

-Hapa

• Cool 1

[WOLF9]
Wiki Lead
15,839 posts
4,771 battles
11 hours ago, henrychenhenry said:

Also, don't Privateers get, uh... Private channels to ask these questions?

Ha ha.  You funny guy.  Asking questions is easy.  It's the getting of the answers that is difficile.

2 hours ago, Hapa_Fodder said:

there is A LOT that goes into merging an account.

Oh yeah, doing a full merge would be a PITB.  I'm interested in moving currencies, resources, prem ships.  I'll file a more detained Support ticket.  Thanks for looking into it.

[YORHA]
Members
5,287 posts
10,500 battles
58 minutes ago, iDuckman said:

Ha ha.  You funny guy.  Asking questions is easy.  It's the getting of the answers that is difficile.

Getting answers is a toxin producing bacteria?

TIL...

[WOLF9]
Wiki Lead
15,839 posts
4,771 battles
14 minutes ago, JCC45 said:

Getting answers is a toxin producing bacteria?

C'mon you're from Canada.  You must be used to French-ish. 

[YORHA]
Members
5,287 posts
10,500 battles

Up here it's called Franglais.

Pronounced Frawn-Glaze.

Edited by JCC45

[NSC]
Members
2,333 posts
2 hours ago, iDuckman said:

Oh yeah, doing a full merge would be a PITB.  I'm interested in moving currencies, resources, prem ships.  I'll file a more detained Support ticket.  Thanks for looking into it.

I'm not trying to be funny.

So I'll be serious this time: Don't privateers get private Discord channels to communicate with developers instantaneously?

[WOLF9]
Wiki Lead
15,839 posts
4,771 battles
55 minutes ago, henrychenhenry said:

So I'll be serious this time: Don't privateers get private Discord channels to communicate with developers instantaneously?

Not really.  Nothing different from regular players.  There are topic channels like for the Wiki Team, but they're more for talk among ourselves.  To talk to a WG person we do PM or DM like anyone else.  I might have a reason (like wiki) that I'd get a more complete answer, but I'm as likely to get "I can't comment" as you are.

As for posting a thread here, it's a question I haven't seen asked/answered, so public is more useful all around, no?

[PIG]
[PIG]
Members
1,314 posts
6,622 battles
17 hours ago, iDuckman said:

No.
Oink Goltz!
One account is enough for you, #stayhome, #playwows, #beapig.

[HRVAT]
Members
1,674 posts
13,710 battles
18 hours ago, iDuckman said:

If they do this, then have good and bad effect.

• Good - you get to merge all of you ships
  • Bad - All the little boys who change into new account after going through first time with 40 % win rate will see all they numbers on they new account fall like sovijet street walker

[WOLF9]
Wiki Lead
15,839 posts
4,771 battles
2 hours ago, franz_von_goltz said:

One account is enough for you, #stayhome, #playwows, #beapig.

Well, I currently have six (counting PT).  I'd like to slim down to four.

1 hour ago, LadyA - Baštovana said:

Bad - All the little boys who change into new account after going through first time with 40 % win rate will see all they numbers on they new account fall like sovijet street walker

I think I have a 0% WR on the 're-roll' Steam account — in four Random battles.  But I get your point. 

(Except maybe the bit about the sovijet street walker.  Oh!  The hidden mattress thing!  Okay. Good one. )

[GWG]
Members
7,403 posts
14,192 battles
On ‎3‎/‎27‎/‎2020 at 12:32 AM, iDuckman said:

Even since 2015, the question has always come up.

Folks want to move (donate) premium ships, FXP, Doubloons, Credits from one account to another.

Problem is that having this mechanism in place may lead to hacking or profiteering on a scale you really don't want to see.
So you have a Stalingrad and a Smolensk?  Whoops!  Tomorrow, you don't.  While you were at work, they got donated to another account, and then another, and another... 
Then that 'middle' account was closed and deleted, so the trail ended there.

So WG says 'NO'.  And I sleep better knowing that's the way it is.

[WOLF9]
Wiki Lead
15,839 posts
4,771 battles

I don't see a possibility for profiteering here (which yes, must be avoided).  Nothing is changing hands - only accounts.  Besides, if I can get 5K Db together in one place, I might be able to buy a permacamo.  The rest -- all that stuffs that doesn't move -- is a pure loss to me.

Sign in to follow this