You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
SKurj

GER captains in the armory...

6 comments in this topic

[DRFTR]
Beta Testers
3,919 posts

are these 10pt captains in the armory with Vigilance and JOAT worth it?  The skills seems meh...    for 1500 dbl...

I currently do not have a GER premium ship for training, at least til next month when I may look at the Tirpitz, scharn or Graf spee..

Kinda think once I have a prem ship, i'd be better off saving the 1500 dbl..

• Boring 1

[WOLFC]
Members
3,200 posts

Almost everyone I've heard discuss them, including CCs, say their special skills aren't worth it.  I never bought one ... but have all the others ... except those without skills or the "super" captains.

[DRFTR]
Beta Testers
3,919 posts
Just now, DocWalker said:

Almost everyone I've heard discuss them, including CCs, say their special skills aren't worth it.  I never bought one ... but have all the others ... except those without skills or the "super" captains.

Thanks yeah i think i agree there, I may have 1k battles but most were years ago..  so the game is mostly new to me (well ok even with 1k battles i am noob).  I have done alot of reading on BB builds and those skills seem pretty pointless.  I did get one of the french captains, with enhanced EM and AR, that seems to be a good choice, shame there aren't any GER captains with decent skills...

Members
181 posts
5,835 battles

The Jack of all trades can be nice, but honestly nothing special.

On the other hand, 1500 dubs is only $6. Depending on your expendable income that isn't to terrible of a price for a 10 point commander that is technically "better" than other standard commanders.

[FG]
Members
566 posts
4,806 battles

Making a special captain with buffed Vigilance for an entire tree which has access to the best hydro in the game was not a smart move at all by WG. 

The special US and French captains are worth, the Germans (as usual in this game) are not. 

[WOLFC]
Members
2,565 posts
11,054 battles
1 hour ago, SovereignEagle said:

Making a special captain with buffed Vigilance for an entire tree which has access to the best hydro in the game was not a smart move at all by WG. 

You could also argue that it was logical, since the effects of vigilance and hydroacoustic search stack. I think the problem is that nowadays there are so many better skills than Vigilance that few captains bother to take it, especially at high tier where many captains have developed the situational awareness to reasonably anticipate torps (and those who have not are not going to be saved by the skill).

I run Jack of All Trades on my Hindenburg/Prinz Eugen captain, largely because I have nothing better to spec into, so one of the Jutland brothers would technically be an improvement. But IMO the buffed skill just isn’t worth the 35k coal or 1500 doubloons.

Edited by Nevermore135