You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Sabot_100

Excellent Choice!

31 comments in this topic

[CVA16]
Members
5,392 posts
16,221 battles

Just bought the Visby from the Armory and the transaction complete screen of course shows a big "EXCELLENT CHOICE".

Does the game ever say "THAT WAS DUMB" or "SUCKER"?:Smile_ohmy:

• Funny 9

[SALVO]
Members
4,489 posts
3,829 battles
13 minutes ago, Sabot_100 said:

Just bought the Visby from the Armory and the transaction complete screen of course shows a big "EXCELLENT CHOICE".

I bet when you buy a Krispy Kream, but in russian so you don't really get it

• Cool 1

[A-I-M]
Members
3,060 posts
13,308 battles
17 minutes ago, Sabot_100 said:

You must not pay much attention to in-battle chat.

[TDRB]
Members
5,142 posts
13,741 battles

Let's put this in perspective. In WG's view it is an excellent choice. After playing the ship you may think "boy! was i duped."

Edited by kgh52

[--K--]
Members
1,347 posts
10,227 battles

For a tier 5, it’s actually a fun ship.  It doesn’t do any damage, buts it’s till fun for some reason.  

[CVA16]
Members
5,392 posts
16,221 battles
18 minutes ago, kgh52 said:

Let's put this in perspective. In WG's view it is an excellent choice. After playing the ship you may think "boy! was i duped."

A few battles in coop and I tend to agree with you. Maybe shoulda saved the coins and bought flags or premium time.

My question was more in-general though.

[WOLF2]
Members
4,985 posts
19,914 battles
39 minutes ago, Sabot_100 said:

Yeah, 

It happens when the ship you just bought at full price goes on sale, gets nerfed or is given away in the next event 

Bring on the Subs!

Edited by Commander_367

[CVA16]
Members
5,392 posts
16,221 battles
9 minutes ago, BarneyStyle said:

For a tier 5, it’s actually a fun ship.  It doesn’t do any damage, buts it’s till fun for some reason.  

Maybe its because I only have 3 pt captain on it but I'm not impressed. Have to give time.

[TSF_1]
Members
3,301 posts
7,631 battles

If they quietly put Vanguard or Abruzzi or something there for free, I'd bet nobody would pick it up.

[SOV]
Members
4,621 posts
1 hour ago, Sabot_100 said:

It told me after I got Roma.  Gooood luckkkkk

• Cool 1

[NSEW]
Members
1,874 posts
10,727 battles
1 hour ago, BarneyStyle said:

It doesn’t do any damage, buts it’s till fun for some reason.  

Must resist puns...

[HINON]
[HINON]
Members
7,934 posts
11,605 battles

it should do that for anyone that buys the Flint or Black now knowing theyll come back for Coal some time in the future

[V_V_V]
Members
678 posts
14,755 battles

13 Randoms @ 54% with a 3 point Captain so far; YMMV.   Now sporting the 3 Crowns (hidden) permacamo.

shot-20.03.26_20.37.51-0176.jpg

Edited by Charon2018
Add text

[CNO]
[CNO]
Members
5,900 posts
17,948 battles
2 hours ago, Sabot_100 said:

Sales 101.  Always reinforce to the customer that the parting of their money was a smart thing.  

• Cool 1

[WOLFC]
Members
1,678 posts
9,514 battles
2 hours ago, Sabot_100 said:

A few battles in coop and I tend to agree with you. Maybe shoulda saved the coins and bought flags or premium time.

The tier VI is noticeably better, at least in my opinion. Plus, the chance to earn a permanent camo for a tier VI is always nice if you ever even dip your toe into Ops.

Edited by Nevermore135

Members
2,986 posts
36,778 battles
2 hours ago, pewpewpew42 said:

If they quietly put Vanguard or Abruzzi or something there for free, I'd bet nobody would pick it up.

Ishizuchi, only the kawachi has worse dispersion. Mikasa was free. And we all know why.

When Mikasa shoots just two turrets and one shot is bowlegged, while the other sails over the ship like a golf ball hit by a sand wedge, then it's time to make it a secbat build.

Ishizuchi is so bad, I am still dismayed WG still charges for the ship.

I had one, got it back from a crate, and both times sold it.

Never again!

If WG accidentally hands one out from a crate, then call customer support immediately and ask them to swap it for a Musashi as punishment to them.

I would only give one as a gift if I want to enrage that player so much that they hunt me down and beat me with a broom.

You want to ruin your marriage to the spouse that plays this game with you, then I dare you to buy them one. You will get kicked out of the house.

OP it's best to ask clan mates and other experienced players that you are on great terms with, about premium ship recommendations.

Also look up LWMs review on these premiums. They are quite spot on.

Most streamers that use these premium ships are also an indication. Because if they like sailing it, then they are using it a lot. All of them have favorites. It never hurts to ask their opinion too.

Bear in mind, most ships are ideal with certain playing styles.

What you like may not always be what the ship will do.

[VCRUZ]
Members
4,049 posts
9,180 battles

IMO a fun little ship, i liked Visby. Could be much better if it wasnt for 2-3 CVs most of the battles.

[ARGSY]
Members
20,204 posts
14,348 battles
5 hours ago, SteelRain_Rifleman said:

Ishizuchi is so bad, I am still dismayed WG still charges for the ship.

Odd. I quite like her. If T4 wasn't locked out of directives and dailies, I'd probably play her a lot more. She's fast, and she has plenty of guns. She's a baby Amagi, but she is very definitely a battlecruiser rather than a battleship; you have to use her the right way.

5 hours ago, SteelRain_Rifleman said:

Mikasa was free.

Mikasa was free if you were in the game at the right time. Thing is, if you were in the game at the right time then you could get the Warspite for free too (British DD launch event). I didn't pay any money for my Georgia or my Jean Bart either.

5 hours ago, Xlap said:

IMO a fun little ship, i liked Visby. Could be much better if it wasnt for 2-3 CVs most of the battles.

That's the price of being top tier against T4, I'm guessing?

7 hours ago, tcbaker777 said:

it should do that for anyone that buys the Flint or Black now knowing they'll come back for Coal some time in the future

I bought the Black for steel at Christmas. You can bet on her being at least 200,000 coal when she comes back, and that's 200,000 coal I won't have to find for her while I'm busy grinding towards Flint and Neustrashimy. In three months, I re-accumulated the coal stocks I'd drained to get Thunderer and Blyskawica at Christmas, to the point where I just got the Georgia without a coupon. By the time the Flint and Neustra come out of down-time, I'll likely have enough to get them both together. Mind you, I personally don't want any of the steel battleships/cruisers or the Somers, so spending the steel on the Black was no problem for me and I'd still do it now for the same reasons. YMMV.

• Cool 1

[BASIN]
[BASIN]
Members
4,083 posts
9 hours ago, Sabot_100 said:

9 hours ago, SovereignEagle said:

For anyone that buys the Vanguard.

9 hours ago, ArIskandir said:

I bet when you buy a Krispy Kream, but in russian so you don't really get it

9 hours ago, MannyD_of_The_Sea said:

You must not pay much attention to in-battle chat.

Or if n when you got the PayToRico  or  Smaland  ?

• Funny 1

[A-I-M]
Members
3,060 posts
13,308 battles
1 hour ago, shadowsrmine said:

Or if n when you got the PayToRico  or  Smaland  ?

Yes, very true. I was talking about (ahem), "helpful suggestions" from the team in general.

• Funny 1

[BASIN]
[BASIN]
Members
4,083 posts

Actually last night I was able after collecting enuff  Euro Tokens  to get  Västerås — European Tier VI destroyer  after  navel battles are finished this morning I'll take her out for Her Trials :Smile_izmena:

[A-I-M]
Members
3,060 posts
13,308 battles
11 hours ago, Sabot_100 said:

Well, if worst comes to worst, these ships are extra port slots just waiting to happen.

[ARGSY]
Members
20,204 posts
14,348 battles
1 hour ago, shadowsrmine said:

after  navel battles are finished this morning

Tell us if the red or the green lint wins. :Smile_hiding: