You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
CriMiNaL__

New russian radar

55 comments in this topic

[TMS]
Beta Testers
3,731 posts
14,318 battles

Seems like the new light ca line will have 12km 30 second radar, extended to 36 sec if using the radar mod.

I mean I know the ships are still WIP, but come on weegee enough is enough, how biased are you on these russian ships, just call the game world of russain warships made from paper.

If you want to hurry up and break the game some more, get subs in as quick as you can.

• Cool 2
  • Boring 1

[ALL41]
Beta Testers
2,173 posts
9,416 battles

Russian radar detect sub undervater too komrade! Zuperior sovet teknology! Alvays!

• Funny 2

[O_O]
[O_O]
Members
4,744 posts
21,502 battles

We all know Russian radar was better than anyone else's radar. The documentation shows it. It just wasn't built in time...

• Funny 4

[KSC]
Clan Supertest Coordinator
5,123 posts
7,969 battles
26 minutes ago, CriMiNaL__ said:

Seems like the new light ca line will have 12km 30 second radar, extended to 36 sec if using the radar mod.

It's literally the same radar the Moskva has had for ages now....

• Cool 5

Members
6,858 posts
15,321 battles
3 minutes ago, yashma said:

It it's new and it's Russian. The sky has to be falling. 

[--K--]
Members
1,343 posts
10,187 battles

Honestly, all radar needs to be nerfed by at least 10 seconds. 

• Cool 2
  • Boring 4

[TSF_1]
Members
3,301 posts
7,631 battles

Isn't the new radar like 10 or 15 seconds? Or does he mean the Moskva replacement?

[KSC]
5,123 posts
7,969 battles
15 minutes ago, pewpewpew42 said:

Isn't the new radar like 10 or 15 seconds? Or does he mean the Moskva replacement?

The CA line has 15 second radar, the Nevsky replacing the Moskva at the end of the main line has identical radar to the Moskva.  

Edited by yashma
  • Cool 1

[TNG-2]
Members
203 posts
14,166 battles
17 minutes ago, yashma said:

The CA line has 15 second radar, the Nevsky replacing the Moskva at the end of the main line has identical radar to the Moskva.  

To be honest, I don't understand the freak out, Nevsky is an incredibly logical follow on to Donskoi.  Just because Flamu does 200k damage in it doesn't make it OP.  If you gave Flamu a Donskoi and 5 games to play it in, I'm willing to bet 1 or 2 of the games gets to 200k damage.  Does the reload need to be tweaked? probably.  Otherwise, unless you think Donskoi is OP, stop complaining.  Can't tell you how many times I've been dev struck in a Donskoi... Nevsky will be similar.

• Cool 1

[IXM]
Members
1,060 posts

So the radar is one thing, I can get past that. 1000 meter per second shell velocity with 19km range on a light cruiser with that kind of armor? Come on now. You can't say it's going to be balanced.

• Cool 2

Beta Testers
3,107 posts
25,916 battles

Radars killing the fun playing this game...………………….

• Cool 2
  • Boring 1

[SIDE]
Members
4,670 posts
1 hour ago, CriMiNaL__ said:

I mean I know the ships are still WIP, but come on weegee enough is enough, how biased are you on these russian ships, just call the game world of russain warships made from paper.

If you want to hurry up and break the game some more, get subs in as quick as you can.

But but but the are balanced by being weak when shot in the side..... Hahahahaha. I couldn't say it with a straight face.

[SIDE]
Members
4,670 posts
43 minutes ago, Heed_04 said:

To be honest, I don't understand the freak out, Nevsky is an incredibly logical follow on to Donskoi.  Just because Flamu does 200k damage in it doesn't make it OP.  If you gave Flamu a Donskoi and 5 games to play it in, I'm willing to bet 1 or 2 of the games gets to 200k damage.  Does the reload need to be tweaked? probably.  Otherwise, unless you think Donskoi is OP, stop complaining.  Can't tell you how many times I've been dev struck in a Donskoi... Nevsky will be similar.

Defense of obviously overpowered Russian boats? Dude...

Edited by thebigblue
  • Cool 1

Members
1,058 posts
7,478 battles

Radar would not be game breaking if it satisfied the following conditions.

1.) Did not ignore LoS, a fundamental rule of the game environment. Why can't all DD torps pass through island too to make it fair?
2.) Did not share spotting Data.

If both conditions were satisfied you could make Radar 60s and it would still be balanced.

Edited by Varknyn12
  • Boring 2

[SALVO]
Members
24,789 posts
25,854 battles
22 minutes ago, Varknyn12 said:

Radar would not be game breaking if it satisfied the following conditions.

1.) Did not ignore LoS, a fundamental rule of the game environment. Why can't all DD torps pass through island too to make it fair?
2.) Did not share spotting Data.

If both conditions were satisfied you could make Radar 60s and it would still be balanced.

Actually, radar would be a lot better even if it only satisfied ONE of those conditions.  Heck, I would be quite happy if radar only partially shared spotting data, i.e. spotted ships only showed up on the mini-maps but not the HUDs.

[CUTE]
Supertester, In AlfaTesters
2,042 posts
11,191 battles

12km radar isnt going to be an issue if people are playing them at max range. 

[KSC]
5,123 posts
7,969 battles
1 hour ago, Heed_04 said:

It's got the rail guns and radar...but other than that its concealment, handling, survivability and practical damage output are IMO worse than the Hindenburg (worse pen and fire chance are noticeable).  Sometimes the muzzle velocity really comes in handy when trying to hit things kiting at long ranges, and I can't discount the value of its radar....but in scenarios when open water gun boating at ranges where a Hindenburg can comfortably hit things....I'd honestly rather be in a Hindenburg.  

That is not to say the Nevsky is better or worse than the Hindenburg, or that the Nevsky is necessarily in balanced state or not....but it's certainly not something to freak out about right now so early in the testing process.

Edited by yashma
  • Cool 1

[TARK]
Members
640 posts
2 hours ago, yashma said:

Correct... but unless in a STORM, the Moskva doesn't have 2+ km of stealth radar capabilities.

[KSC]
5,123 posts
7,969 battles
3 minutes ago, Eckarbeiter said:

Correct... but unless in a STORM, the Moskva doesn't have 2+ km of stealth radar capabilities.

Neither does the Nevsky....

[SOV]
Members
4,621 posts
5 minutes ago, yashma said:

It's got the rail guns and radar...but other than that its concealment, handling, survivability and practical damage output are IMO worse than the Hindenburg (worse pen and fire chance are noticeable).  Sometimes the muzzle velocity really comes in handy when trying to hit things kiting at long ranges, and I can't discount the value of its radar....but in scenarios when open water gun boating at ranges where a Hindenburg can comfortably hit things....I'd honestly rather be in a Hindenburg.  

That is not to say the Nevsky is better or worse than the Hindenburg, or that the Nevsky is necessarily in balanced state or not....but it's certainly not something to freak out about right now so early in the testing process....(and don't act shocked if it doesn't get nerfed).

The really issue as I see with all the Russian ships is.  They are suppose to be bad at long range but they dont seem to be and aa is perfict.

The Itialns have no aa and long reload. But Russian ships have both great aa great reload great pen and so on.

WG has to understand this and if they dont they have to start to belive in it.

When I am in my Itialns .ca I cannot damage a Russian bb to any extent because they have no super structure.

If they are to be bad at long range then they should be luckily to hit anything past 13 or 14 km

Right know they have no issues smaking somthing at 15 when they are suppose to be for close in.

Add to that the long list of Russian op or very close to it. Off the top of my head.

The bb at t4 or 5

Khaba

Am ok

Kremlin

The ship that was going to be released and was not.

I am sure there are more of them.

• Cool 1

Members
1,058 posts
7,478 battles
3 minutes ago, jags_domain said:

The really issue as I see with all the Russian ships is.  They are suppose to be bad at long range but they dont seem to be and aa is perfict.

The Itialns have no aa and long reload. But Russian ships have both great aa great reload great pen and so on.

WG has to understand this and if they dont they have to start to belive in it.

When I am in my Itialns .ca I cannot damage a Russian bb to any extent because they have no super structure.

If they are to be bad at long range then they should be luckily to hit anything past 13 or 14 km

Right know they have no issues smaking somthing at 15 when they are suppose to be for close in.

Add to that the long list of Russian op or very close to it. Off the top of my head.

The bb at t4 or 5

Khaba

Am ok

Kremlin

The ship that was going to be released and was not.

I am sure there are more of them.

Khaba isn't OP and never was, even pre-nerf. The data confirms this. Same with Stalingrad. Same with Moskva. Same with Smolensk

So far there is absolutely no evidence to support "Russian bias". There is evidence to support BB and CV bias, however.

Edited by Varknyn12
  • Boring 4

[KSC]
5,123 posts
7,969 battles
2 minutes ago, jags_domain said:

Only the CAs are supposed to be bad at long range (and they are)....the main line has normal dispersion curves.  And different ships have different strengths and weaknesses.  The Venezia has far greater alpha (especially with SAP against DDs) for instance, it also has much better handling and access to a unique smoke consumable.    

• Boring 2

Members
1,058 posts
7,478 battles
6 minutes ago, yashma said:

Only the CAs are supposed to be bad at long range (and they are)....the main line has normal dispersion curves.  And different ships have different strengths and weaknesses.  The Venezia has far greater alpha (especially with SAP against DDs) for instance, it also has much better handling and access to a unique smoke consumable.    

Actually, Russian BBs are "supposed to be" bad at long range. They are not.

• Cool 1

[SOV]
Members
4,621 posts
3 minutes ago, yashma said:

The t8 and 8 Itialian ships are great.  Cant wait for t10. The smoke is good but diffult to us and still get targeted while in it.

Perception is reality.  Ever Russian ship seem to be better than the last and its rubbing people very raw.

WG did a good job on the Itialian line (once you get to t8) and the Britis are ships not great or bad.

Then we have this discussion but we never have a discussion about how week a Russian ship is and that is the problem..