You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
DeadIyArT

Quick Review of the EU DD line 5-9

30 comments in this topic

[ISLA]
Beta Testers
644 posts
12,068 battles

So after completing all the Three Crowns permanent camouflages missions, I thought I would write a quick review of per-release tree t5-t9

Note ALL ship data here for torp speed is with Torpedo tube Modification 1 with the exception of Ostergotland Tier IX 

Tier V:   VISBY 

Good thing about it

• good guns but with slow turn radius
  • Good torps 8km 68knts/6 tubes
  • small ship/ good speed on her 39knts
  • Has heal
  • fast torp reload

Bad thing about it.

• weak AA like all other dd at this tier
  • losses lots of speed in turns
  • low torp damage
  • does not have smoke

Would say she a good ship. She feels like a torp boat right from the start getting a good pace for the rest of the line. Would recommend wide spread torps for long distance and short spread for close distance

Tier VI:   VASTERAS

Good thing about it

• 10km torps/ 68knt torps/ 6 tubes/ fast reload on them
  • Max concealment goes down to 6.2 from 6 from Tier V
  • Good hard hitting guns
  • 38knt speed
  • Has heal
  • fast torp reload

Bad thing about it

• Slow turning guns
  • Weak AA like all other dd of her tier
  • low torp damage
  • does not have smoke

I really like the Tier VI ship a lot she felt good all around. Would recommend wide spread torps for long distance and short spread for close distance

Tier VII:  SKANE

Good things about it

• 12km torps 80knts/ 6 tubes
  • AA goes to 6km
  • Has heal
  • 6.2km concealment
  • fast torp reload

Bad thing about it:

• 36.8knt speed from 38knt and 39knt from the last two tiers
  • BAD gun angles
  • Bad gun turn speed
  • Low torp damage
  • Bad turn radius / losses alot of speed in it
  • Does not have smoke

The first ship of the line I really did not like.  Don't get into gun fights with DD; don't find DD.  This is not a gun boat what so ever! and good luck trying to out run them. Would recommend wide spread torps for long distance and short spread for close distance

Tier VIII:    Oland

Good thing about it

• Access to defense AA
  • Really good AA for DD
  • 12km 80knts if spect.
  • 5.8km concealment
  • Has heal
  • Fast torp reload

Bad thing about it

• Does not have smoke
  • Poor gun traverse speed
  • Bad gun angles
  • low torp damage

I like this ship alot it felt like a good torp boat with good AA.  It was fun baiting enemy CV in to come find me in chat they would end up losing 1 full squadron.  They usually did come bother me the rest of the match.  Like the t7 don't go looking for a gun fight unless you can have a way out. This ship makes a good wolf pack ship with other DD.

Tier IX:  Ostergotland

Good thing about it.

• 13.5km torps/ 86 knts spect. / 8 tubes
  • God AA of all the t9 DD (6km)
  • Defensive AA
  • Has heal
  • 36.8knt speed
  • 85 sec reload of torp with commander skill/ module

Bad thing about it

• No smoke
  • Low torp damage
  • bad gun angles

Like the last ship this ship is amazing torp boat. She does really well in DD wolf packs.  The best AA of any T9 DD out there, CV don't want to mess with you at all.   Would recommend like all other ship of her line to use wide spread torps for long distance and short for close distances.  Here is the potential of the ship if left alone

Spoiler

shot-20_03.26_14_21.48-0687.thumb.jpg.76b6fefb0c54c584a389e8cba7ca6897.jpg

• Cool 2

Members
3,071 posts
15,906 battles

Is this the opposite of what to do in most DDs. Why would wide spread long distance be better than short spread?. The torpedo dispersion would be insanely bad you would think.  

Members
1,225 posts
5,930 battles
2 minutes ago, STINKWEED_ said:

Is this the opposite of what to do in most DDs. Why would wide spread long distance be better than short spread?. The torpedo dispersion would be insanely bad you would think.  

Wide spread on these DDs is the same as normal narrow spread. Narrow spread is extremely narrow which is great for concentrating the torps when you know you will hit but for longer ranges can be too narrow.

[ISLA]
Beta Testers
644 posts
12,068 battles
10 minutes ago, STINKWEED_ said:

because the EU has the tightest grouping of torps of all the lines and they hold tight the whole way.

[GUNNS]
Members
63 posts
6,229 battles

I like the line so far.. funny part is I like the Skane the best so far of the first 4. But all are good. my fun factor rank so far Skane Visby Vasteras then Oland. Last two are close.

[ISLA]
Beta Testers
644 posts
12,068 battles
3 minutes ago, gristle111 said:

I like the line so far.. funny part is I like the Skane the best so far of the first 4. But all are good. my fun factor rank so far Skane Visby Vasteras then Oland. Last two are close.

just how i feel about it. did have some really good games in her.

[PMWC1]
Members
170 posts
5,327 battles

Öland is my favorite of the line.  It is very strong vs DDs and at contesting caps.

Ostergotland I had to dial down the aggressiveness and be more of a torpedo DD.

My biggest complaint is the lack of speed. If not paying attention you can get spotted and not be able to disengage.

• Cool 1

[PVE]
Members
4,259 posts
18,597 battles

Unless you "bought" into this event, you won't see the Tier 8 or 9.   Your assessments of the others was well done.  Tiers 5 -7 = Meh...........at best.

I don't see any purpose for these ships because they have so many glaring deficiencies I don't see a use for them???   Mine are all being put into the "salvage yard" we don't have and ignored till we need European ships for a future event.

• Boring 2

Members
1,058 posts
7,478 battles
2 minutes ago, Asym_KS said:

Unless you "bought" into this event, you won't see the Tier 8 or 9.   Your assessments of the others was well done.  Tiers 5 -7 = Meh...........at best.

I don't see any purpose for these ships because they have so many glaring deficiencies I don't see a use for them???   Mine are all being put into the "salvage yard" we don't have and ignored till we need European ships for a future event.

Yea. the Pan Euro DDs are all slated at 1 to 2 tiers higher than their competitive effectiveness. Underpowered from the gate.

[1813]
Members
328 posts
9,819 battles
1 hour ago, DeadIyArT said:

So after completing all the Three Crowns permanent camouflages missions, I thought I would write a quick review of per-release tree t5-t9

Good thing about it

• Good torps 8km 65knts/6 tubes
  • Has heal

Bad thing about it.

• low torp damage
  • does not have smoke

Would say she a good ship. She feels like a torp boat right from the start getting a good pace for the rest of the line. Would recommend wide spread torps for long distance and short spread for close distance

Good thing about it

• 10km torps/ 65knt torps/ 6 tubes/ fast reload on them
  • Good hard hitting guns
  • 38knt speed
  • Has heal

Bad thing about it

• Slow turning guns
  • low torp damage
  • does not have smoke

I really like the Tier VI ship a lot she felt good all around. Would recommend wide spread torps for long distance and short spread for close distance

Good things about it

• AA goes to 6km
  • Has heal
  • 6.2km concealment

Bad thing about it:

• BAD gun angles
  • Bad gun turn speed
  • Low torp damage
  • Does not have smoke

The first ship of the line I really did not like.  Don't get into gun fights with DD; don't find DD.  This is not a gun boat what so ever! and good luck trying to out run them. Would recommend wide spread torps for long distance and short spread for close distance

Good thing about it

• Access to defense AA
  • Really good AA for DD
  • 12km 80knts if spect.
  • 5.8km concealment
  • Has heal

Bad thing about it

• Does not have smoke
  • Bad gun angles
  • low torp damage

I like this ship alot it felt like a good torp boat with good AA.  It was fun baiting enemy CV in to come find me in chat they would end up losing 1 full squadron.  They usually did come bother me the rest of the match.  Like the t7 don't go looking for a gun fight unless you can have a way out. This ship makes a good wolf pack ship with other DD.

Good thing about it.

• Defensive AA
  • Has heal
  • 36.8knt speed

Bad thing about it

• No smoke
  • Low torp damage
  • bad gun angles

Like the last ship this ship is amazing torp boat. She does really well in DD wolf packs.  The best AA of any T9 DD out there, CV don't want to mess with you at all.   Would recommend like all other ship of her line to use wide spread torps for long distance and short for close distances.  Here is the potential of the ship if left alone

Reveal hidden contents

So right now Visby (200 Tokens) and Vasteras (400 Tokens) are in Armoury, so are they worth or should I wait to start from Tier I and do the grind like other lines in the tech tree?

But to me, DDs with out smoke is a non starter so worthy ships?

[ISLA]
Beta Testers
644 posts
12,068 battles
2 minutes ago, 3r22r said:

So right now Visby (200 Tokens) and Vasteras (400 Tokens) are in Armoury, so are they worth or should I wait to start from Tier I and do the grind like other lines in the tech tree?

But to me, DDs with out smoke is a non starter so worthy ships?

if you like a torp boat line. i would say yes.  both 5 and 6 are worth it.

[GUNNS]
Members
63 posts
6,229 battles
37 minutes ago, Asym_KS said:

You are so right.. I urge everyone not to play them and leave the miserable Deficiencies experience to me. 

• Funny 1

[PVE]
Members
4,259 posts
18,597 battles
25 minutes ago, gristle111 said:

You are so right.. I urge everyone not to play them and leave the miserable Deficiencies experience to me. 

Good luck with them !  They are "sort of Free" and have "some" value??    Of course, they are free:............it's just that they suck after hours and hours of grinding for the camo......  Then, relegated to the Breakers till an event calls for them.  Good luck !

Members
3,091 posts
6,663 battles
4 hours ago, gristle111 said:

For me Skane is where they started to click. I did marginally worse in Oland, so I'm really looking forward to Ostergotland.

Members
707 posts
5,735 battles

With no smoke, I'd like to see them get a small boost to their base speed, or perhaps as a compromise a unique speed boost of say 12-15%.  Skane at 36kt feels very sluggish to me.  I wouldn't mind a minor boost to torpedo damage either, but can live with it as is.  I keep hearing about their AA, but the 5-6-7 boats have not really impressed me thus far and in Skane I feel like I run into a t8 CV in about 60% of my games.  They aren't bad boats, but I think they need just a little something at least t5-7.  Also, IIRC the Skane torps only do 76kt out of the box, so unless you boost them with the upgrade or captain's skill they don't reach 80kt.

Members
1,225 posts
5,930 battles
15 minutes ago, Uncle_Lou said:

With no smoke, I'd like to see them get a small boost to their base speed, or perhaps as a compromise a unique speed boost of say 12-15%.  Skane at 36kt feels very sluggish to me.  I wouldn't mind a minor boost to torpedo damage either, but can live with it as is.  I keep hearing about their AA, but the 5-6-7 boats have not really impressed me thus far and in Skane I feel like I run into a t8 CV in about 60% of my games.  They aren't bad boats, but I think they need just a little something at least t5-7.  Also, IIRC the Skane torps only do 76kt out of the box, so unless you boost them with the upgrade or captain's skill they don't reach 80kt.

It's been a recent trend for the sub t8 ships in new lines to be lackluster. WGing is trying to force people to stop playing middle tiers. That aside, the high tier ones top out at 35knts so don't expect speed demons later on either.

Members
707 posts
5,735 battles
1 hour ago, Tekina_ said:

It's been a recent trend for the sub t8 ships in new lines to be lackluster. WGing is trying to force people to stop playing middle tiers. That aside, the high tier ones top out at 35knts so don't expect speed demons later on either.

I've noticed the trend, and am not surprised that the higher tier boats aren't any faster.  If they change nothing else on these boats, I wish they would give the engine and rudder a little more health.  Even with PM and the Engine Room mod I lose my engines multiple times per game.  I have Last Stand, but it is still painful for a DD with no smoke to be caught out with a dead engine.

[ISLA]
Beta Testers
644 posts
12,068 battles
22 hours ago, Uncle_Lou said:

I would agree the skane does feel really sluggish and feel more like driving a cruiser at time then a DD.   As for the torp damage i think right now it a pretty fair trade off high speed torps fast reload low damage. true going to edit with commander skills. I had the good luck before this line came out i had a 19 point capt. Friesland

Members
1,225 posts
5,930 battles

I feel like the mid tiers could probably use... something. I don't know. They feel a bit underwhelming especially when uptiered. 

[ISLA]
Beta Testers
644 posts
12,068 battles

13 minutes ago, Tekina_ said:

I feel like the mid tiers could probably use... something. I don't know. They feel a bit underwhelming especially when uptiered. 

I found that 5 and 6 did really well for there tier.  The only thing with these ships have no get out of jail cards like other dd IE smoke

Members
1,225 posts
5,930 battles
35 minutes ago, DeadIyArT said:

I found that 5 and 6 did really well for there tier.  The only thing with these ships have no get out of jail cards like other dd IE smoke

Smoke isn't something I really miss, I mean I love running IJN DDs with torp reload over it after all. The t5 is probably fine but the t6 barely feels like an upgrade, rather it feels like a b hull version of the t5. Definitely not a full t6. It's guns are pretty terrible especially with how slow they traverse and the torps aren't really fast enough to make up for their low damage yet. And on that note it's kinda hilarious that the line is stuck to a 3x2 torp layout until t9. 

[ISLA]
Beta Testers
644 posts
12,068 battles
2 minutes ago, Tekina_ said:

Smoke isn't something I really miss, I mean I love running IJN DDs with torp reload over it after all. The t5 is probably fine but the t6 barely feels like an upgrade, rather it feels like a b hull version of the t5. Definitely not a full t6. It's guns are pretty terrible especially with how slow they traverse and the torps aren't really fast enough to make up for their low damage yet. And on that note it's kinda hilarious that the line is stuck to a 3x2 torp layout until t9. 

the whole line not a gun boat line. yes there traverse speed bad but not your turn speed use that to help it a little like the IJN dd line.  5 & 6 have more guns then the rest of the line it does help when it come to gun fights at that tier if you can use them all.  This line requires you to re learn torp runs. it takes time to get the hang of things i find my self landing more torps because of this.  Speed and reload speed are the trade off for damage.

Members
1,225 posts
5,930 battles
18 minutes ago, DeadIyArT said:

the whole line not a gun boat line. yes there traverse speed bad but not your turn speed use that to help it a little like the IJN dd line.  5 & 6 have more guns then the rest of the line it does help when it come to gun fights at that tier if you can use them all.  This line requires you to re learn torp runs. it takes time to get the hang of things i find my self landing more torps because of this.  Speed and reload speed are the trade off for damage.

Let's compare it to the t5 for a second. It has one more barrel but otherwise identical guns(and thanks to the t5's single reloading twice as fast as it should currently identical DPM), about 2k more hp, worse AA, very slightly better torps, is slower and less maneuverable, and has worse concealment. Frankly you could probably consider it worse than the T5 in it's current state especially when you consider that it has worse matchmaking. Compared to it's tier mates it's even worse. It doesn't even have the fastest torps in the tier despite that being the line's gimmick.

[ISLA]
Beta Testers
644 posts
12,068 battles
21 minutes ago, Tekina_ said:

Let's compare it to the t5 for a second. It has one more barrel but otherwise identical guns(and thanks to the t5's single reloading twice as fast as it should currently identical DPM), about 2k more hp, worse AA, very slightly better torps, is slower and less maneuverable, and has worse concealment. Frankly you could probably consider it worse than the T5 in it's current state especially when you consider that it has worse matchmaking. Compared to it's tier mates it's even worse. It doesn't even have the fastest torps in the tier despite that being the line's gimmick.

yes it has a total of 5 guns. its reload speed not the worst at 8 rounds per min. the ijn line takes gold for worst guns.  gun rotation speed is still not the worst ijn still takes gold there. Its speed is 39 knots it is one of the fast tier v dd out there. Good torp in the right hands.

Members
438 posts
202 battles
On 3/26/2020 at 3:41 PM, DeadIyArT said:

Note ALL ship data here for torp speed is with Torpedo tube Modification 1 with the exception of Ostergotland Tier IX 

Good thing about it

• Good torps 8km 68knts/6 tubes
  • Has heal
  • fast torp reload

Bad thing about it.

• low torp damage
  • does not have smoke

Good thing about it

• 10km torps/ 68knt torps/ 6 tubes/ fast reload on them
  • Good hard hitting guns
  • 38knt speed
  • Has heal
  • fast torp reload

Bad thing about it

• Slow turning guns
  • low torp damage
  • does not have smoke

Good things about it

• AA goes to 6km
  • Has heal
  • 6.2km concealment
  • fast torp reload

Bad thing about it:

• BAD gun angles
  • Bad gun turn speed
  • Low torp damage
  • Does not have smoke

Good thing about it

• Access to defense AA
  • Really good AA for DD
  • 12km 80knts if spect.
  • 5.8km concealment
  • Has heal
  • Fast torp reload

Bad thing about it

• Does not have smoke
  • Bad gun angles
  • low torp damage

Good thing about it.

• Defensive AA
  • Has heal
  • 36.8knt speed
  • 85 sec reload of torp with commander skill/ module

Bad thing about it

• No smoke
  • Low torp damage
  • bad gun angles

Reveal hidden contents

Could have saved u all that writing

They Suck Balls

The End