Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
The_Necromancer_015

Starting the game

11 comments in this topic

[SALVO]
Members
7,012 posts
5,525 battles

I'm not sure but I think I run "the other one" and is pretty much the same, click launcher and push Play button.

[K-POP]
Members
4,849 posts
13,453 battles

Yep, at the end of May (unless WG lets us continue using the old version again like they have the past two years they tried to make the WGC mandatory). And from how the announcement and follow up clarification reads, you won't even be able to just use it to update and start the game through the .exe, you'll have to launch through the WGC.

Edited by MidnightPhoenix07

[WOLFA]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
1,196 posts
1 hour ago, MidnightPhoenix07 said:

you'll have to launch through the WGC.

have a quote because i've read and haven't seen where it expressly removes direct launch

Members
978 posts
4,702 battles

I’ve been using the WGC launcher for sometime now without issues, and I also only play WOWS.

• Cool 1

[WOLFG]
Members
32,294 posts
10,021 battles

How will that affect the Modstation?

I'm pretty sure you can launch the game that way, or does it just bring up the WGC launcher?

[BGSSC]
[BGSSC]
Members
2,722 posts
11,087 battles

I've been using the newest game launcher for a while now as well.  No issues at all.  You get used to it after a while.  I don't even think about the old one anymore.

[BGSSC]
[BGSSC]
Members
2,722 posts
11,087 battles
1 minute ago, Skpstr said:

How will that affect the Modstation?

I'm pretty sure you can launch the game that way, or does it just bring up the WGC launcher?

It launches the game for me.  I don't know if that will be changed after the old one is disabled.

[NSC]
Members
2,333 posts
3 hours ago, DeadMeat_015 said:

Is it true we are losing the easy game loader? I only play Warships and I really prefer it. Please dont make me use the other one 

and

2 hours ago, Ozium said:

have a quote because i've read and haven't seen where it expressly removes direct launch

The stand-alone WoWS launcher will be removed May 20. Here's a direct quote:

Starting from May 20, we’ll no longer support the Launcher due to technical reasons. This means that the Launcher will no longer be available for download for those who might be inclined to log in to the game that way. All players currently using the Launcher will automatically be moved to the WGC.

And here's the official news site: https://worldofwarships.com/en/news/general-news/wgc-update-196/

Edited by henrychenhenry

[WOLFA]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
1,196 posts
2 hours ago, henrychenhenry said:

The stand-alone WoWS launcher will be removed May 20. Here's a direct quote:

but the thing is there's old launcher that patches and new one from the WorldOfWarships64.exe which doesn't. it makes no distinction between the two nor says both/all ... :Smile_popcorn:

to me it's still more of wait and see lol

[NSC]
Members
2,333 posts
28 minutes ago, Ozium said:

but the thing is there's old launcher that patches and new one from the WorldOfWarships64.exe which doesn't. it makes no distinction between the two nor says both/all ... :Smile_popcorn:

to me it's still more of wait and see lol

Oh, you mean top one vs. bottom one?

image.png.02a4bcf41309477bb8c10e3c25d88316.png

I'm guessing bottom one will be removed (it's the thing that does the updating). Not sure about the top one though (I'm guessing not).

Sign in to follow this