You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
jags_domain

Fastest T8 grind was Itialian. Whats yours.

7 comments in this topic

[SGSS]
Members
5,734 posts

Getting to t8 is when Itialian ships get great.  Sailing these ships I learned that doing damage is not really the point. You can have great XP games and only do 20k damage.

Itialian ships take out DD faster than cv could ever dream of. You take out DD and cap and the XP flows in.

Don't remember what the British line was like maybe its time to redo them as well. At that time I found them aggravating.

NO was a no for me it took for ever.

Hipper was ok.

French was good.

Itialian was fast, fun, and quick.

What was your fasted teir or line to get through?

• Cool 1

[-GQ-]
Members
64 posts
21,012 battles

Sorry to disagree, I think the Italian CA line truly sucks.   They are paper thin, shot to pieces by anything, from any angle.  Have no radar or hydro, completely fail at chasing DD's.  The smoke doesn't last, and wont hide you if you shoot your guns.  Torps are too slow.  While they do have great rudder shift and good speed, this doesn't make up for their inability to stay in a fight.  I'm grinding the T9 now, and it's a crapshow, just like the others.

I don't consider being an XP generator to be a desirable trait.  The only thing XP is good for is to dump the ship you are in an move on to the next.  Once you move off the tier, what good is it?  I've seen the T10 in clan wars enough, but it's always relegated to long range harassment fire.  Never the go to ship to win a fight.  

[WPORT]
Members
8,096 posts
13,161 battles
Just now, robLove said:

Sorry to disagree, I think the Italian CA line truly sucks.   They are paper thin, shot to pieces by anything, from any angle.  Have no radar or hydro, completely fail at chasing DD's.  The smoke doesn't last, and wont hide you if you shoot your guns.  Torps are too slow.  While they do have great rudder shift and good speed, this doesn't make up for their inability to stay in a fight.  I'm grinding the T9 now, and it's a crapshow, just like the others.

I don't consider being an XP generator to be a desirable trait.  The only thing XP is good for is to dump the ship you are in an move on to the next.  Once you move off the tier, what good is it?  I've seen the T10 in clan wars enough, but it's always relegated to long range harassment fire.  Never the go to ship to win a fight.  

I enjoy the challenge of sailing the Italian 'botes and doing well with them.

Your mileage may vary.  :-)

[WPORT]
Members
8,096 posts
13,161 battles
On 3/26/2020 at 6:21 PM, jags_domain said:

Getting to t8 is when Itialian ships get great.  Sailing these ships I learned that doing damage is not really the point. You can have great XP games and only do 20k damage.

Itialian ships take out DD faster than cv could ever dream of. You take out DD and cap and the XP flows in.

Don't remember what the British line was like maybe its time to redo them as well. At that time I found them aggravating.

NO was a no for me it took for ever.

Hipper was ok.

French was good.

Itialian was fast, fun, and quick.

What was your fasted teir or line to get through?

For tech-tree ships, I'm in Tier-8 with Japanese, USA, German and British.  I'm up to Tier-7 with the French and I'm up to Tier-7 with the Italians.
Italian ships are fun to sail.  Definitely not boring.  :-)

Members
4,000 posts
14,497 battles

It was either the RN BBs or USSR BBs, I was just really intrigued by the T10s (Conq/Kremlin). 

For cruisers I think it was the ITA cruisers as well. Mostly because I ground out all the other cruiser lines simultaneously, so it added time to each.