Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
SidTheBlade

The Ramanator

4 comments in this topic

[USA-N]
Members
785 posts
11,544 battles

I would like to see a DD that can be rigged to act as a fire ship, a sort of Kamikaze vessel that is intended to ram other ships and do massive damage to everything within a given blast radius.

So, with this ship, it should have a very high chance of detonation, and when it blows, it should set fire to everything within 5km, and have a 50% chance of setting fire to everything within 10km. I should do at least 110k base damage to whatever it hits. It should do shock and shrapnel damage to everything within 5km, based on RNG and enemy ship size.

It should have best in class AA, meaning that to stop it, the enemy needs to hit it with AP, and cause a detonation. It should be an absolute terror for CVs.

Give it a base speed of 50 knots.

Make it German.

Edited by SidTheBlade
  • Funny 1
  • Boring 1

[HEL-3]
Members
193 posts
10,160 battles

Ignoring the flagrant disregard for gameplay and balans™, what historical design can you point to for inspiration? And don't just point out some random motor boat packed with explosives; this game utilizes capital ships, and I don't think any navy ever considered building an extremely expensive, massively oversized torpedo. Speaking of which, what's the point of this ship? It would be incredibly boring to play, as all you can do is charge headlong into combat and die within the first five minutes. Nothing else. Overall, this would be a disaster for everyone if implemented in the game.

• Cool 1

[FURIA]
WoWS Community Contributors
2,030 posts
6,194 battles
On 3/27/2020 at 4:00 AM, CrescentSky said:

what historical design can you point to for inspiration?

Curiosly enought there is a historical background (sort off). Operation Charriot use an old destroyer (Campbelltown) to ram the dry docks at saint nazairte and explote. 

Yet I'm not in favour to this idea. It won't be usefull most of the time.

Sign in to follow this