You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
commodore_torakula

Hey WG may we get all the Operations back, please?

25 comments in this topic

Members
1,616 posts
12,104 battles

....Please relax, I am not complaining about the economics nerf....What I'd really like is a return to the full slate of Ops that would stay up....They were all fun and engaging....I don't think the playerbase would deny that too often....And while your at it, please put some new ones in the pipeline, for me, ok?....Alright I get that we still have subs in the works and it could take a long time to develop, but just bringing back the old Ops with the new economics--there's no reason that's not feasible.

....what does everybody else think?    --CT 

Edited by commodore_torakula
consensus check.
  • Cool 3

[WOLF8]
Members
7,888 posts
6,651 battles

Wouldn't that be nice, to have the lost Operations back, and even get some new ones. I'm on board with your idea. :Smile_Default:

Unfortunately, WG themselves have said in the past that they have no resources to devote to the Operations, because not enough people were playing them. :Smile_sad:

At the same time, too many people were making great use of the economic payouts from the Operations, so they are all getting nerfed. :Smile_sceptic:

I feel like I just typed out a paradox, lol. :Smile_trollface:

If I were you, I wouldn't hold my breath, TBH. Better to not have any expectation, and not get disappointed, I should say... lel. :Smile_smile:

• Cool 1

[IXM]
Members
1,060 posts
36 minutes ago, Blorgh2017 said:

Wouldn't that be nice, to have the lost Operations back, and even get some new ones. I'm on board with your idea. :Smile_Default:

Unfortunately, WG themselves have said in the past that they have no resources to devote to the Operations, because not enough people were playing them. :Smile_sad:

At the same time, too many people were making great use of the economic payouts from the Operations, so they are all getting nerfed. :Smile_sceptic:

I feel like I just typed out a paradox, lol. :Smile_trollface:

If I were you, I wouldn't hold my breath, TBH. Better to not have any expectation, and not get disappointed, I should say... lel. :Smile_smile:

Yeah, WG is pretty good with PR right? huehuehue

No matter what they say, they just want everyone to play PvP and suffer. They might as well be the fun police XD

• Funny 1

[TARK]
Members
7,331 posts
3,046 battles

WG has stated that Ops are not a priority.

WG has acted consistent with a plan to remove the remaining operations entirely.

There is little evidence to suggest giving forum feedback on this, or any other subject, is effective at persuading WG to change. In fact, there is circumstantial evidence that critical feedback results in more personally negative outcomes.

Give feedback at your own peril.

Edited by Daniel_Allan_Clark

Members
1,616 posts
12,104 battles
2 minutes ago, Daniel_Allan_Clark said:

WG has stated that Ops are not a priority.

WG has acted consistent with a plan to remove the remaining operations entirely.

There is little evidence to suggest giving forum feedback on this, or any other subject, is effective at persuading WG to change. In fact, there is circumstantial evidence that critical feedback results in more negative outcomes.

Give feedback at your own peril.

....yah right....

....anyway understood....I assume people did enough [edited] about this long ago....

[UNHLY]
Members
4,858 posts
13,528 battles
1 hour ago, Blorgh2017 said:

Hey! I have an expectation, and so far I haven't been disappointed once in the last year plus! So what if my expectation is that WG will always find a way to mess something up and put their foot in their PR mouth on at least a weekly basis? They're still meeting my expectations. :Smile_trollface:

[WOLF8]
Members
7,888 posts
6,651 battles
16 minutes ago, MidnightPhoenix07 said:

Hey! I have an expectation, and so far I haven't been disappointed once in the last year plus! So what if my expectation is that WG will always find a way to mess something up and put their foot in their PR mouth on at least a weekly basis? They're still meeting my expectations. :Smile_trollface:

Okay you win, you got me there, lol. :Smile_trollface:

• Cool 1

[5D4]
[5D4]
Members
512 posts
15,408 battles
8 hours ago, commodore_torakula said:

....Please relax, I am not complaining about the economics nerf....What I'd really like is a return to the full slate of Ops that would stay up....They were all fun and engaging....I don't think the playerbase would deny that too often....And while your at it, please put some new ones in the pipeline, for me, ok?....Alright I get that we still have subs in the works and it could take a long time to develop, but just bringing back the old Ops with the new economics--there's no reason that's not feasible.

....what does everybody else think?    --CT 

it would be nice but wargaming is a [edited] recently in the last year and half

• Cool 1

Members
1,616 posts
12,104 battles
43 minutes ago, lordholland4293 said:

it would be nice but wargaming is a [edited] recently in the last year and half

....Well I'm far from an apologist lapdog for the WG, but they made mistakes....How could they not trying to cater to us for free?....My feeling is this: there really so generous, it's almost a crime.

....especially since all u really spend here is your time....some people call [edited] on that, i don't.

Members
4,479 posts
19,839 battles
10 hours ago, Blorgh2017 said:

Unfortunately, WG themselves have said in the past that they have no resources to devote to the Operations, because not enough people were playing them. 

Of course people aint playing Operations if they're not available to play WG!

On a similar note; WG, how about bringing back the older and better versions of Islands of Ice and Shards? BTW, has Solomon Islands been removed? I was playing tiers 2-3-4 a lot last weekend and it never came up.

Edited by ReddNekk

Members
443 posts
451 battles

I’d like to some operations, new or existing, that are balanced for two teams of human players. That’s actually what I expected the game to be (along with some sort of strategy component) until I started playing and discovered it’s really just the instant action mode that most other games include as a nice little add-on to the real deal.

[RLGN]
Members
863 posts
6,999 battles

I loved operations.  They paid enough to be worth doing without overshadowing PvP rewards and were a fun refuge and change of pace in an increasingly toxic environment.  I'm sad to see they're nerfing the payouts (I just showed up today after taking a couple months off after the holidays, we just burnt out) and I figure they're doing that to drive the numbers down low enough to justify pulling the plug entirely.  They need to force people into PvP that would rather play other ways because if they didn't too many would flee the toxic [edited] there.

• Cool 1

[SALVO]
Members
7,102 posts
5,569 battles
12 minutes ago, FirestormMk3 said:

I loved operations.  They paid enough to be worth doing without overshadowing PvP rewards and were a fun refuge and change of pace in an increasingly toxic environment.  I'm sad to see they're nerfing the payouts (I just showed up today after taking a couple months off after the holidays, we just burnt out) and I figure they're doing that to drive the numbers down low enough to justify pulling the plug entirely.  They need to force people into PvP that would rather play other ways because if they didn't too many would flee the toxic [edited] there.

What would be nice for WG to acknowledge is that either PvP or PvE, as long as people keep playing the game, there's chance to make a profit. As many have said before, PvE has a different rhythm and caters to different players, it is a falacy that PvE drains PvP player pool. Also false the pretense you can push players from PvE to PvP by the strategy of making it irrelevant. 

• Cool 1

[RLGN]
Members
863 posts
6,999 battles

PvP does by its nature though require a constant and high player count.  To WG anyone playing PvE is not contributing to that and so are a second-class citizen at best.  They realize that while there are some who will just not play at all if they can't play PvE, the majority of PvE players will play PvP if their choice is that or quit.  It's a loss for us that don't want to be in PvP, but a win for WG.

[SALVO]
Members
7,102 posts
5,569 battles
7 minutes ago, FirestormMk3 said:

PvP does by its nature though require a constant and high player count.  To WG anyone playing PvE is not contributing to that and so are a second-class citizen at best.  They realize that while there are some who will just not play at all if they can't play PvE, the majority of PvE players will play PvP if their choice is that or quit.  It's a loss for us that don't want to be in PvP, but a win for WG.

I play both PvP and PvE. What I can asure WG is that when I don´t want to play PvP (not in the mood, too tired, too stressed, etc), PvE is a nice change of rhythm. Without PvE I would  log off and play something else, read or watch something. 

• Cool 3

Members
1,616 posts
12,104 battles
On 3/27/2020 at 12:02 AM, ReddNekk said:

Of course people aint playing Operations if they're not available to play WG!

On a similar note; WG, how about bringing back the older and better versions of Islands of Ice and Shards? BTW, has Solomon Islands been removed? I was playing tiers 2-3-4 a lot last weekend and it never came up.

no....Solomons isn't gone....my favorite map is still up....if it wasn't, I would assume I'd of noticed....Although it depends on how much do you play on a given weekend.  It's not impossible.

....And yes I'm aware we're on our 4th edition of Islands of Ice and still they haven't mastered it....I've only played on 2-4 and wish I had been here for the 1st one.

....On the other hand, there's a new Shards?....I can remember when the Shards we have now came out and it was nice....You must've been at this game a long time, palsy.

[-POI-]
Members
89 posts
9,743 battles

I would love to see new OPs but... lately WG look like those companies that try to milk all the money they can just before dissapearing for good.
Ops are good to change the mood, specially when u get the useless teams streak. But no no, WG is busy making OP russian ships.

• Boring 1

[RLGN]
Members
863 posts
6,999 battles
On 3/27/2020 at 5:05 PM, ArIskandir said:

I play both PvP and PvE. What I can asure WG is that when I don´t want to play PvP (not in the mood, too tired, too stressed, etc), PvE is a nice change of rhythm. Without PvE I would  log off and play something else, read or watch something. 

I'm with you on that for the record.  Honestly I've already started doing that in general because co-op rewards were so anemic.  But I'd wager from the WG perspective if you're not helping them keep those PvP queues short then you're wasting precious server space :/

[TARK]
Members
7,331 posts
3,046 battles

One wonders if this obsession with moving people from PVE to PVP, and moving people into tier 10...is symptomatic of a fear that the game is losing too many players at tier 10 PVP?

Or are we not meeting the arbitrary numbers expectation of senior management?

We will never know...

...all we know is what we will do with the decision on PVE that WG is making.

I wonder if WG is ready for what we will do...it sure would help them if they actually listened to user feedback...

:cap_haloween:

[SALVO]
Members
7,102 posts
5,569 battles
46 minutes ago, Daniel_Allan_Clark said:

I wonder if WG is ready for what we will do...it sure would help them if they actually listened to user feedback...

Me... I'll just try EVE once I get bored here... it's free now :cap_like:

Members
1,616 posts
12,104 battles
4 hours ago, FirestormMk3 said:

I'm with you on that for the record.  Honestly I've already started doing that in general because co-op rewards were so anemic.  But I'd wager from the WG perspective if you're not helping them keep those PvP queues short then you're wasting precious server space :/

.could you elaborate on that?....sry I was half asleep.

Edited by commodore_torakula
no pun intended.

[P2W]
[P2W]
Banned
1,334 posts
On 3/26/2020 at 5:01 PM, commodore_torakula said:

.....I can't get away with [edited]?....what about bastid?....what kind of [edited] is that?..

Try putting pedo and phile together like this .. [edited].

Looks like somebody at WG is sensitive about the subject or it is hitting to close to home with some of the weebs as that word is not offensive but yet banned.

Update: saw the confused reaction icon. Yea that confuses the crap out of me as well.  Why are non-offensive words banned?

Edited by DESRON10

[IXM]
Members
1,060 posts
7 hours ago, ArIskandir said:

Me... I'll just try EVE once I get bored here... it's free now :cap_like:

Eve is a great game, I highly recommend it. It also has it's own radio station!

• Cool 1