You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
soonerfan62

CV's Are Trash Now

19 comments in this topic

[-OS-]
Members
16 posts
7,586 battles

Been trying to play CV"S since the rework.  Last match i tried to take on a dd , focused on him whole match , no other ships close and the DD shot down every plane before i could make an attack with wave after wave until i had no planes left on the damn CV.  Now lets just say i totally suck,,, but even if a player sucks is it even close to realistic that a dd could shoot down with aa a whole CV's planes?  Every damn single last plane , not one left on CV to fight with.   Basically to play a CV now is just to scout.   Bring back the old play style it was much much better!

• Funny 4
  • Boring 1

[CHASE]
Modder
139 posts
5,042 battles
12 minutes ago, soonerfan62 said:

Now lets just say i totally suck,,, 

Hecking lol. You actually admit that you're not good yet you think you should be able to single handedly kill a DD, that this DD doesn't deserve a chance to survive or kill your planes. Are you even aware of the fact that different DDs have different AA power?

6 minutes ago, Prothall said:

Now people will feed the troll.....

I'm pretty sure this guy is serious, don't ask me how I know... 

[-OS-]
Members
16 posts
7,586 battles
Just now, Nikoolix said:

Hecking lol. You actually admit that you're not good yet you think you should be able to single handedly kill a DD, and that this DD doesn't deserve to survive or kill your planes. Are you even aware of the fact that different DDs have different AA power?

Not realistic at all for any DD of any nationality to take on a whole CV's plane compliment and shoot down all planes.  Even BB's in the war could not shoot down even one whole wave of planes much less the whole damn CV's planes.

So now i will hear how this game was not meant to be realistic.   I get that..... but let's get it just a slight bit more realistic?  How bout it WG?

[-OS-]
Members
16 posts
7,586 battles
2 minutes ago, Finchy said:

It's not the CVs that are trash... 

Guess you cannot read.... i admitted i am not a great player..   But the AA of a lone DD to do what it did is not realistic at all.    

Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters
54 posts
417 battles
4 minutes ago, soonerfan62 said:

Guess you cannot read.... i admitted i am not a great player..   But the AA of a lone DD to do what it did is not realistic at all.    

You better adapt because th AA of the new EU destroyers is god tier so good luck. 

[ARGSY]
Members
10,326 posts
16,182 battles

i have shot down like 17 plane in visby .   of course   lot more in friesland.      of course, both have very strong AA    :D

[GWG]
[GWG]
Alpha Tester
27,867 posts
14,882 battles

You are trying to play tier 8 CV's. Go back to the beginning and start from scratch to learn how the new ones work.

• Cool 1

[KSE]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
1,732 posts
18,828 battles
8 minutes ago, soonerfan62 said:

OK - you aren't really listening to what people are trying to say.  I'll be clearer - "competent" CV players have no issues shooting Destroyers without losing all their planes, ergo - you aren't a competent CV player.

It's cool, the fewer bad CV players are out there is just dandy for the rest of us.  Take the time to learn how to play the other classes better and leave the CV class to other players.

EDIT:  OMG - please - stop playing CV's in randoms until you learn how the new system works.  You are averaging under 9k damage a battle in your 16 tier 8 CV games - the bots from PVE do double that at least and they are comically bad.

• Funny 2

[DJL]
Members
237 posts
7,074 battles
1 hour ago, soonerfan62 said:

Been trying to play CV"S since the rework.  Last match i tried to take on a dd , focused on him whole match , no other ships close and the DD shot down every plane before i could make an attack with wave after wave until i had no planes left on the damn CV.  Now lets just say i totally suck,,, but even if a player sucks is it even close to realistic that a dd could shoot down with aa a whole CV's planes?  Every damn single last plane , not one left on CV to fight with.   Basically to play a CV now is just to scout.   Bring back the old play style it was much much better!

Pick the right targets. Yes it's unrealistic it's a game. Tier 8 has some of the best cv's in the game I would rather take a t8 cv into a t10 game over the t10 cv's. 

You have to get a feel for what and who to attack. Lack of experience in t8 is what is getting you wiped clean. I would say move down to lower tiers get a feeling for the AA what ship has good AA compared to the bad ones.

[GRETA]
Members
1,378 posts
10,609 battles
10 minutes ago, Pulicat said:

OPs like this is why WG thinks carriers are balanced.

Which is why ships need to be balanced to the average players rather than the potato or the unicum.

Edited by HallaSnackbar

[O7]
Members
5,417 posts
12,416 battles
1 hour ago, HallaSnackbar said:

Which is why ships need to be balanced to the average players rather than the potato or the unicum.

No, this is wrong as well. You wouldn't balance around people who most likely don't have the mechanical skill or knowledge for certain things. Consider an rts for example. Some units would be easier to use, like point and click attacks, while others maybe have abilities or actions that must be performed as extra in the fight, or require a lot of micro to keep them in the positions you want. An average player would value the simple units much more, and think the complex ones are bad simply because they require extra work.

This is why balancing around top level makes more sense, because everything is being utilized at the top of a humans ability in that game at that time.

[GRETA]
Members
1,378 posts
10,609 battles
32 minutes ago, Pulicat said:

No, this is wrong as well. You wouldn't balance around people who most likely don't have the mechanical skill or knowledge for certain things. Consider an rts for example. Some units would be easier to use, like point and click attacks, while others maybe have abilities or actions that must be performed as extra in the fight, or require a lot of micro to keep them in the positions you want. An average player would value the simple units much more, and think the complex ones are bad simply because they require extra work.

This is why balancing around top level makes more sense, because everything is being utilized at the top of a humans ability in that game at that time.

Your superiority complex is showing a bit here.  Yes I agree if we were solely balancing for competitive play however I'd bet the vast majority of player base is casual and of the average ability.  For the enjoyment of the masses, balancing to their ability makes more sense.  

Edited by HallaSnackbar

[O7]
Members
5,417 posts
12,416 battles
4 minutes ago, HallaSnackbar said:

Your superiority complex is showing a bit here.  Yes I agree if we were solely balancing for competitive play however I'd bet the vast majority of player base is casual and of the average ability.  For the enjoyment of the masses, balancing to their ability makes more sense.  

You could go on and on about all the things average players think are bad, and each one would be evidence on it's own as to why you would never make balancing decisions around them. Radar bad, BB dev strike bad, concealment bad, torps bad yada yada. Their ability is mostly at fault when encountering such things, and it's exactly why you don't 'balance' over lacking ability to do something that is very possible.

This isn't even what my argument was originally about anyway. WG isn't balancing carriers around the average player, but it's those players that make them think they already are balanced. And it is stuff like that in their spreadsheets that make them ignore the fact that planes interacting with ships is very PvE currently (always has been, but at least in RTS the allied carrier had a lot of responsibility to defend against strikes as well, and they don't now because defending also means not attacking which wasn't a concern in rts), and ships have very little control on their fate unless they dumpster their ships performance for an AA build or just come with aa that must be avoided already because wg said so.

[CHASE]
Modder
139 posts
5,042 battles
18 hours ago, soonerfan62 said:

Not realistic at all for any DD of any nationality to take on a whole CV's plane compliment and shoot down all planes.  Even BB's in the war could not shoot down even one whole wave of planes much less the whole damn CV's planes.

So now i will hear how this game was not meant to be realistic.   I get that..... but let's get it just a slight bit more realistic?  How bout it WG?

So tell me then why would anyone even play DDs if they're not supposed to have a chance to survive? You didn't even ask yourself this I guess.

Also, carriers made all other ship types completely obsolete. If you want realism that's what you'll get.

[H8H2O]
[H8H2O]
Members
2 posts
18,376 battles

A game should be a game not a time sink for cash. Time is money friend cage your kids and divorce your wife and your cv will last a bit longer.

Edited by groggz

[I_K_U]
[I_K_U]
Members
49 posts
3,964 battles
On 3/26/2020 at 3:50 PM, BiggieD61 said:

OK - you aren't really listening to what people are trying to say.  I'll be clearer - "competent" CV players have no issues shooting Destroyers without losing all their planes, ergo - you aren't a competent CV player.

It's cool, the fewer bad CV players are out there is just dandy for the rest of us.  Take the time to learn how to play the other classes better and leave the CV class to other players.

EDIT:  OMG - please - stop playing CV's in randoms until you learn how the new system works.  You are averaging under 9k damage a battle in your 16 tier 8 CV games - the bots from PVE do double that at least and they are comically bad.

you realize the average is like 40k ish right?