You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Sabene

So many lonely ships.... :-( Need input....

17 comments in this topic

[-VT-]
Members
803 posts
35,828 battles

So, I have 175+ ships in my port.

To get my daily missions done I usually play just a handful of those ships.  5?  7?  Whatever.

That means on any given normal day I have upwards of 170 ships that just sit in port collecting barnacles.

Do I have lines I could grind?  Yes....but that is boring and they won't be lines I will use.

Could I work on re-grinding a line for Research Points?  Sure can...but that gets old quick and doesn't exactly engage more than a single ship on any given day.

Are there the occasional WG missions for certain ships?  Yes...but rarely.

So...what to do?

Help me.  Help WG.  Help yourself and your friends.

Offer up here a suggestion on how WG might encourage us players to play ships we do not normally play.  

[WOLFO]
[WOLFO]
Members
597 posts
5,863 battles
10 minutes ago, JimmyTheRealPirate said:

Be able to add ships to a random queue, the next random battle you do will randomly pick a ship from this queue instead of you manually picking it.

dropping-in with a brilliant idea post #2 gg mate :)

[PHD]
Members
1,848 posts
7,262 battles
3 minutes ago, Sabene said:

To get my daily missions done I usually play just a handful of those ships.  5?  7?  Whatever.

That means on any given normal day I have upwards of 170 ships that just sit in port collecting barnacles.

Do I have lines I could grind?  Yes....but that is boring and they won't be lines I will use.

Could I work on re-grinding a line for Research Points?  Sure can...but that gets old quick and doesn't exactly engage more than a single ship on any given day.

So...what to do?

Offer up here a suggestion on how WG might encourage us players to play ships we do not normally play.  

The Christmas snowflake event does that, the current credit boost helps too. And they run events where you may need to use a country's or type of ship to complete the mission. The current is the PanEurope ships.

WG keeps adding new ships too.

Me, since I don't have much experiance, do not want to play a ship I do not play well, or at least OK.

Like Jimmy the Real Pirate said just close you eyes in port and randonly pick a ship, write their names on a piece of paper and throw a dart, or finger tip if you not allowed pointy objects. Or maybe work your way down your ship list alphabetically. But that is not something WG needs to do.

Perhaps WG can have a pick a ship bonus week, randomly pick a group of ships (not just one since everyone may not have it.)

Maybe a mission for a ship or group for a special module boost to help ships that have been power creeped over the years. Or a mission to boost captain XP for certain ships? Special ship camo for picked ships, WG could use the camo patterns picked in the repeatable pattern camo contest.

[DVYJC]
Members
3,880 posts
9,753 battles

The directives often having tasks gated by nation or ship type (and sometimes specific ship) helps a lot with this. I do like taking something out every now and again that I don't usually do, even if only for a reminder of why I never play that ship, LOL.

[DRFTR]
Beta Testers
3,919 posts

I like the idea of being able to build yourself a set of ships the game can randomly choose for your next game to play in, sounds like an interesting idea.. would many players use it?  i dunno..

I have not many ships at all, my issue is I hop around too much and so never get any good with any of them..

[SALVO]
Members
6,969 posts
5,521 battles
51 minutes ago, Sabene said:

So...what to do?

Be poor, that way you´ll only have a handful of ships and don't have that kind of existential problems.

• Funny 2

[BGSSC]
[BGSSC]
Members
2,722 posts
11,087 battles
44 minutes ago, JimmyTheRealPirate said:

Be able to add ships to a random queue, the next random battle you do will randomly pick a ship from this queue instead of you manually picking it.

That would be interesting.  WG could put a multiplier type of incentive on it, so all earning got a boost.

[PHD]
Members
1,848 posts
7,262 battles
9 minutes ago, ArIskandir said:

Be poor, that way you´ll only have a handful of ships and don't have that kind of existential problems.

It seems if you play WoWS enough, ships just seem to find their way to your port wanted or not.

[WOLF2]
Members
4,985 posts
20,945 battles
6 hours ago, Sabene said:

So...what to do?

First, you have your mediocre Low Salt Potato Ships that never found a niche … 

Then you have older power crept, nerfed and mechanically challenged Sour Cream and Onion Ships … 

Then you have your favorite Cheesy Doritos that you love too much to subject to the current meta … 

And of course there's the countless Pringles Clones that make no damn sense to play at all … 

Finally, after you add up all your port queens and Waffle Ships, what's left is what WG is currently selling and wants you to play 

You can only sail one Potato Ship at a time … and WG wants to make sure you're on the treadmill paying for their flavor of the month :)

Bring on the subs!

Edited by Commander_367
  • Funny 2

[USA-N]
Members
785 posts
11,550 battles

It would be kind of interesting if the amount of Free XP and credits went up, the longer you went without playing that ship, and went down, the more you played it.

• Cool 1

[WOLFA]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
1,196 posts

how about this ...

after the first ship every following ship played gets a 1% increase of rewards?, so the 51st ship gets 50% increase the 101st gets 100% (edit: could make it only counts T5+ ships restriction)

but the bonus only applies when playing a ship that hasn't already been played that day, if play one that's already been played the bonus stops. so it makes you keep playing all your ships for the biggest rewards

• Cool 2

[BB35]
[BB35]
Members
536 posts
15,521 battles

OP - Your problem is that you play the same 5-7 ships daily. The game will get boring if you continue to do that.

Somedays I put my filter on lets say T6 ships. I play only T6 Ships. Somedays I switch to T5 or T10, just switch it up and have some fun.

[WPORT]
Members
8,118 posts
13,166 battles

Play the ship(s) you want to play.

Just have fun.

• Cool 1

[INTEL]
Members
13,459 posts
38,172 battles
1 hour ago, Wolfswetpaws said:

Play the ship(s) you want to play.

Just have fun.

This.

There's not much you can do, actually. WG doesn't incentivize play in T1-4 so forget those ships. Then there are ships that just aren't good. Then there is the CV plague, so forget any ship with poor AA. Then there are whole lines of mediocre botes that are not much fun to play -- most heavy cruisers below T8, for example. Then there are tiers that suck, like T6 and T7, which are in a bad place now... by the time you start accounting for all that, the actual number of ships that are fun to play is low...

Edited by Taichunger

[WOLF2]
Members
4,985 posts
20,945 battles
4 minutes ago, Taichunger said:

This.

There's not much you can do, actually. WG doesn't incentivize play in T1-4 so forget those ships. Then there are ships that just aren't good. Then there is the CV plague, so forget any ship with poor AA. Then there are whole lines of mediocre botes that are not much fun to play -- most heavy cruisers below T8, for example. Then there are tiers that suck, like T6 and T7, which are in a bad place now... by the time you start accounting for all that, the actually number of ships that are fun to play is low...

CVs are an abomination …

Can you even call it a Potato Ship if it makes you want to throw up?

Prawn cocktail.jpg

• Funny 1
  • Boring 1

Beta Testers
198 posts
14,385 battles

Step right up. I have just the thing your looking for. It would be a entirely new type of gameplay for WoWs, single player, PVE, (You play against bots as they are guard ships who try to stop you from completing your mission), your entire port fleet (whatever the number of ships a player might have) is part of the mission, the map......SCAPA FLOW! You beat the bots, your ships sink and you lose all of them for good. If the bots stop you and they win, than you still lose all your ships for good AND all of your silver and free XP. There ya go. Problem solved. (I expect the check by the end of the month, WG, thank you very much.)