You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
AdmiralQ

Russian Bias out biasing itself

94 comments in this topic

[T-R-F]
Members
596 posts
17,088 battles

a Flambasss run in the new and upcoming russian cruiser

• Cool 1
  • Funny 4
  • Boring 4

[ARGSY]
Members
20,142 posts
14,332 battles

This is why WG is going to embargo early-phase showoffs of new ships - because people like you, OP, behave as if this thing is going to be released in this form without any changes tomorrow.

• Cool 12
  • Funny 4
  • Boring 13

[PSP]
[PSP]
Members
12,647 posts
44 minutes ago, AdmiralQ said:

a Flambasss run in the new and upcoming russian cruiser

That "work" apparently needs a bit more "progress."

• Cool 1
  • Funny 1

[90TH]
[90TH]
Alpha Tester
7,170 posts
4,063 battles
10 minutes ago, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

This is why WG is going to embargo early-phase showoffs of new ships - because people like you, OP, behave as if this thing is going to be released in this form without any changes tomorrow.

Ah yes, because of all the changes they normally make.

• Cool 11
  • Funny 3

[BWC]
Beta Testers
1,791 posts
7,201 battles
2 minutes ago, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

To be fair, WG has done so in the past, so it is not without precedent.  

[IXM]
Members
1,060 posts

WG would never release a broken OP mess of a ship, or a whole line of them. It's simply not possible!

• Cool 1
  • Funny 11

[KSC]
Clan Supertest Coordinator
5,126 posts
7,992 battles

Who would have thunk it....a ship purpose designed to have really strong close range AP will absouellty devastate broadsides at close range.  Every citadel came against targets under 10km....and 15 of them came at ranges under 4km.  I don't see anything wrong here.  The video was just click bait bait based on first impressions of a ship put into ideal scenarios against not very good opposition. 

Edited by yashma
  • Cool 7
  • Boring 4

[CWM]
[CWM]
Members
609 posts
6,288 battles
1 minute ago, yashma said:

Who would have thunk it....a ship purpose designed to have really strong close range AP will absouellty devastate broadsides at close range.  Every citadel came against targets under 10km....and 15 of them came at ranges under 4km.  I don't see anything wrong here.  The video was just click bait bait based on first impressions of a ship put into ideal scenarios against not very good opposition. 

Even against a kremlin? Seriously? :Smile_amazed:

• Funny 2
  • Boring 1

[PVE]
Members
11,838 posts
24,524 battles
1 minute ago, yashma said:

THIS^^^

NOTHING done by the ship he was playing couldn't be done by most any other T10 Cruiser. At least vs the Venezia. Ships like Henri IV, Moskva, Stalingrad, Goliath, etc... could do the same vs the Kreml's too. Extreme overreaction by Flambass there. IF that all happened at 15km+ that is different but it was point blank broadsides. 

• Confused 2

[WOLFG]
Members
9,607 posts
8,595 battles
Just now, Cpt_Snafu_Idgaf said:

If he got its side, yes.

The Kremlin may have less of the fail broadside armor than the lower tiers of the Russian BB line, but its there.

[KSC]
5,126 posts
7,992 battles
2 minutes ago, Cpt_Snafu_Idgaf said:

I see nothing wrong with citadeling a broadside Kreml at ranges under 8km with a ship that sacrifices long range performance, DPM and HE in exchange for better AP pen.....

• Cool 1
  • Funny 1

[IXM]
Members
1,060 posts

Despite all this, the ship will still be too strong. It has great concealment, great protection, ridiculous guns, decent speed. It virtually has no weaknesses. If you can't see the Russian bias with these new cruiser lines, you must be on drugs.

• Cool 2

[NG-NL]
Members
264 posts
9,187 battles

Click bait video. Click bait post.

If the OP really believes that Russian ships are overpowered, why don't they play Russian ships more often?

• Cool 1
  • Boring 4

[--O--]
Members
931 posts

LOL This isnt that big a deal there are plenty of CA's out there at those ranges that can do that. But most are not in Flams hands who is arguably one of the best players and understands the game mechanics. My Kremlin DOES NOT like seeing Moskava's at close range.

Members
6,621 posts
20,657 battles
27 minutes ago, imaginary_b said:

Click bait video. Click bait post.

If the OP really believes that Russian ships are overpowered, why don't they play Russian ships more often?

Many players don't play ships because they are OP. Many take advantage off them.

• Cool 1

[BWC]
Beta Testers
1,791 posts
7,201 battles
8 minutes ago, Mustangrde1 said:

LOL This isnt that big a deal there are plenty of CA's out there at those ranges that can do that. But most are not in Flams hands who is arguably one of the best players and understands the game mechanics. My Kremlin DOES NOT like seeing Moskava's at close range.

I guess the question is how it stacks up to other cruisers of its tier and engagement intent.  How does it stack up to the Des Moines (another short range engagement Tier X cruiser)?  Is it on par, or is it markedly superior?  Can the Des Moines perform as well in the same situations?  That is the test of whether it needs to be nerfed or buffed.

[NG-NL]
Members
264 posts
9,187 battles
Just now, Waxing_Gibbous said:

Many players don't play ships because they are OP. Many take advantage off them.

Of course. For example, I play ships that I enjoy playing, without much care what is Over Powered. I can get paid to "meet the numbers" but I play this game for fun. 
If someone complains that the game is biased towards certain ships, I assume they really do care. So why not play those ships? Or is this just a troll?

note: I used OP to mean Original Poster. I suspect you used it to mean Over Powered. Just making sure our terms don't cross.

Members
877 posts
6,656 battles

Frankly, the bigger point that people are missing is the ratio of citadels against the total shells fired.  At one point, he fully had 1/3 hits being citadels.  Even in the end, when he wasn't firing at the waterline, the final ratio was about 26% cits of fired shells.  That's really high, even for Flambass.

• Cool 1

[KSC]
5,126 posts
7,992 battles
1 minute ago, JAKeller said:

Frankly, the bigger point that people are missing is the ratio of citadels against the total shells fired.  At one point, he fully had 1/3 hits being citadels.  Even in the end, when he wasn't firing at the waterline, the final ratio was about 26% cits of fired shells.  That's really high, even for Flambass.

Because he was shooting things giving him broadside at point blank range. 15 of his citadels came at ranges under 4km....at one point he was shooting a Venezia flat broadside at 2.6km....and then hit a Kreml at 0.5km.

Of course his citadel ratio is going to be high.  

• Cool 2
  • Boring 1

Members
877 posts
6,656 battles
2 minutes ago, yashma said:

Because he was shooting things giving him broadside at point blank range. 15 of his citadels came at ranges under 4km....at one point he was shooting a Venezia flat broadside at 2.6km....and then hit a Kreml at 0.5km.

Of course his citadel ratio is going to be high.  

Compare that against similar situations for other tiers at similar ranges. If you are correct, the ratios should be fairly close.  I doubt you'll find that here.

[KSC]
5,126 posts
7,992 battles
Just now, JAKeller said:

Compare that against similar situations for other tiers at similar ranges. If you are correct, the ratios should be fairly close.  I doubt you'll find that here.

It's a ship deigned from the ground up to have good close range AP performance with improved close range dispersion.....it landing a bunch of citadels against targets under 4km is in no way indicative of it being OP.

• Cool 1
  • Funny 1
  • Confused 1
  • Boring 3

[ARGSY]
Members
10,326 posts
16,093 battles

and at the end with kremlin being angled and closed,   flam got   deleted via nose pen because 50mm section is much smaller than moskva. (even flam mention this)    while  kremlin could not be citadeled.         Heck in moskva, you can citadel    BBs are close range and cruisers at near max range as well if you can get a hit on broadside.