Sign in to follow this  
b101uk

Erroneous unsporting conduct?

8 comments in this topic

[P-V-E]
Members
1,382 posts

Was playing a coop game in Ohio, there was no CV's, in the post game detailed report, there was an unsporting conduct listed for apparently shooting down an allied aircraft of all things, the thing is there were no allied aircraft near me, yet alone the ability to shoot one down by some manual means, and there was no other events that could be confused for it.

anyone else seen any erroneous unsporting conduct's listed?

Added replay file for completeness, as I cannot see anything that would cause it other than a bug.

World of Warships 26_03_2020 03_11_27.jpg

20200326_030453_PASB510-Ohio_45_Zigzag.wowsreplay

[WOLF3]
Members
24,664 posts
21,792 battles

It happened to me also in Co-op, there's also been other threads from guys getting the same in Randoms.

Members
3,785 posts
9,081 battles
1 hour ago, Sovereigndawg said:

It's a known bug, you team shooter you.

*insert 'you fired the gun, you own the ammunition, it's your responsibility to make sure no allied aircraft can get hit' response here* :cap_book:

[VW]
Members
3,783 posts
18,389 battles

You know wg cv rework is a success when you cant shoot down enemy aircraft but you can shoot down friendly aircraft.

• Funny 1

[SLDS]
Members
718 posts
5,151 battles

9 hours ago, b101uk said:

Was playing a coop game in Ohio, there was no CV's, in the post game detailed report, there was an unsporting conduct listed for apparently shooting down an allied aircraft of all things, the thing is there were no allied aircraft near me, yet alone the ability to shoot one down by some manual means, and there was no other events that could be confused for it.

This happened to me one time.  What makes it really weird is that I actually managed to shoot down an enemy fighter in a CV's strike group one time.  Pure fluke - I'd fired at an enemy ship near the edge of my firing range - high arc - and nearly fell out of my chair when apparently one of the shells passed through an enemy CV's strike group's model and nailed one of the planes, resulting in a "Plane Shot Down" ribbon.  I doubt I'd ever be able to recreate that even if paid to do so.  I suspect this is an unintentional bug that results from interactions of shells and physical collision models of stuff in the sandbox.

[P-V-E]
Members
1,382 posts

@turbo07

For reference, I ran into this again, but instead in the killer whale operation, with another instance of an "allied aircraft destroyed", so it appears not to be restricted to just coop, but operations too.

(was on the EU server, game starting at 04:39h UTC using my EU alt [same name etc as this NA one])

20200327_043839_PBSC516-London_s01_NavalBase.wowsreplay

• Cool 1

Sign in to follow this