You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
AxesInMotion_1

Manual Fire Control for Secondaries Changes

6 comments in this topic

[NSC2]
Members
1 post
1,813 battles

In the current game, with the commander skill Manual Fire Control for Secondaries, you can only select one target at a time. I think it would be cool if you could select one target on the port side and one on the starboard side of the ship. If one ship crosses from one side to another, the ship the farthest away will be deselected. If you wanted the deselected ship targeted, just switch it manually. This would give secondaries a needed buff. I have found myself in many situations playing my German battleships where I was fighting two enemy ships at close range and had to decide which one to put my secondaries on. 

It just seems like it is a waste for half the secondaries on your ship to not be firing on one target while the other half is firing on another. We all know that this skill is a necessity on any secondary build.

• Cool 2

[WORX]
Members
10,694 posts
18,577 battles

Short answer

No

Long Answer

Heck no...

Leave secondaries alone, they're OP on some ships... WIth secondary builds you can out DMG your main guns...

If you dont have manual fire control... Secondaries on both side will deploy if there is a ship in range on a given side.

Edited by Navalpride33

[PVE]
Members
1,032 posts
8,584 battles
9 minutes ago, Navalpride33 said:

WIth secondary builds you can out DMG your main guns...

Only because the main guns Bismarck, Tirpitz, and FDG literally can't even :Smile-_tongue:

• Cool 1

[KOOKS]
Beta Testers
313 posts
10,692 battles

What could be reasonable is secondaries firing alone if no target focused, as if you dont have the skill. No reason for them not shooting and is a nice warning when someone gets close

• Cool 1

[5D7]
Members
142 posts
7,307 battles
On 3/25/2020 at 11:42 PM, AxesInMotion_1 said:

In the current game, with the commander skill Manual Fire Control for Secondaries, you can only select one target at a time. I think it would be cool if you could select one target on the port side and one on the starboard side of the ship. If one ship crosses from one side to another, the ship the farthest away will be deselected. If you wanted the deselected ship targeted, just switch it manually. This would give secondaries a needed buff. I have found myself in many situations playing my German battleships where I was fighting two enemy ships at close range and had to decide which one to put my secondaries on. 

It just seems like it is a waste for half the secondaries on your ship to not be firing on one target while the other half is firing on another. We all know that this skill is a necessity on any secondary build.

Was pondering on the subject last night since I had resorted to eccentric builds against boredom. Would not take the auto tgt switch, the guns already have a lot of work done by themselves, just put down some attention and select your targets manually.

[PVE]
Members
11,852 posts
24,547 battles

The skill should work in this way...

• secondary guns work in auto mode until a ship is selected (no bonus to dispersion).
  • select a ship and THAT target is focused by the secondary's that can fire at it and get the dispersion bonus.
  • any guns that can't fire at the selected target, but can fire at a different one, fire in auto mode with no dispersion bonus.

It is absolutely asinine that you build a ship for secondary guns and 1/2 of them can't be used at any give time.

• Cool 2