Jump to content
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
STINKWEED_

Will there be enough European Tokens for Östergötland ?

43 comments in this topic

Recommended Posts

Members
3,073 posts
15,906 battles

 

So far 650 tokens after finishing the third directive. Will finishing the fourth directive provide the 350 European tokens needed for Östergötland ?  

 

  • Boring 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2,133
[ARS]
Beta Testers
4,629 posts
4,997 battles

If you get lucky.  The event is designed so that you almost certainly have to spend money to get all early access ships.  I am not spending money and will, most likely, unlock three of them.  I've unlocked two of them and the third directive is almost done and it might unlock the third, but maybe not.  The fourth directive should unlock it unless I get very unlucky.  If I get insanely lucky I will unlock the Tier VIII as well, but I doubt it.

  • Boring 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
255
[FG]
Members
566 posts
4,799 battles

You will need at least 2 of the 140 token drops out of the 7 containers to get that. 

Certainly possible, but likely? :Smile_unsure:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
3,073 posts
15,906 battles
3 minutes ago, Helstrem said:

If you get lucky.  The event is designed so that you almost certainly have to spend money to get all early access ships.  I am not spending money and will, most likely, unlock three of them.  I've unlocked two of them and the third directive is almost done and it might unlock the third, but maybe not.  The fourth directive should unlock it unless I get very unlucky.  If I get insanely lucky I will unlock the Tier VIII as well, but I doubt it.

I'd rather dump everything on the tier 9 Östergötland as it gets me closer to the Holland with it's 98 kt torpedoes. Not interested in the lower tiers

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
222
[V_V_V]
Members
674 posts
14,697 battles

Is that even possible?  I thought one had to acquire them in sequence ("You have to obtain the previous bundle first").  I have Tier V and VI after completing Directive 3.

Edited by Charon2018
Add text

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
95
[PSV]
Members
526 posts
18,426 battles
11 minutes ago, Charon2018 said:

Is that even possible?  I thought one had to acquire them in sequence ("You have to obtain the previous bundle first").  I have Tier V and VI after completing Directive 3.

Yes you have to get them in sequence. You can’t just jump to the tier 9.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,189
[A-D-F]
Beta Testers
3,176 posts
9,512 battles
12 minutes ago, Charon2018 said:

Is that even possible?  I thought one had to acquire them in sequence ("You have to obtain the previous bundle first").  I have Tier V and VI after completing Directive 3.

Yes you have to get the ships in sequential order, therefore a total of 3000 tokens to get the tier 9

 

Whether the directives, chain missions, etc has enough tokens possible is all in the hands of RNG. 

Most likely one would need to spend some doubloons to get enough for the tier 9.

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,552
[RKLES]
[RKLES]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
5,994 posts
20,694 battles
24 minutes ago, STINKWEED_ said:

I'd rather dump everything on the tier 9 Östergötland as it gets me closer to the Holland with it's 98 kt torpedoes. Not interested in the lower tiers

You have to buy them one at a time to unlock them.

So to get the tier 9, you need to have tiers 5 to 8 already in your port.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,200
[--K--]
Members
1,343 posts
10,202 battles

No, with RNG, it’s not possible to get the tier 9 just through competing directives...  unless you somehow roll god like drops.

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4,006
[RLGN]
Members
14,302 posts
25,219 battles
33 minutes ago, Helstrem said:

If you get lucky.  The event is designed so that you almost certainly have to spend money to get all early access ships.  I am not spending money and will, most likely, unlock three of them.

Trying to decide if I’ll buy Euro camo or signals.

Right now it’s unlikely I’ll unlock ANY of the early access destroyers, as there’s nothing about that makes me care one whit about doing so.

Like with the PA destroyers and Anshan and Lo Yang, I’ll play a few games in the T1 cruiser, then use Blyskawika for anything PE related.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
9,159 posts
11,174 battles
35 minutes ago, STINKWEED_ said:

I'd rather dump everything on the tier 9 Östergötland as it gets me closer to the Holland with it's 98 kt torpedoes. Not interested in the lower tiers

You can't do that, you have to unlock the ships in sequence.

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
877 posts
6,656 battles
54 minutes ago, STINKWEED_ said:

 

So far 650 tokens after finishing the third directive. Will finishing the fourth directive provide the 350 European tokens needed for Östergötland ?  

 

I"m gonna not.  So far, I've open all the Dir 1, 2, and 3 'rewards' plus those containers for the daily supplies.  (that's around what 20 containers altogether?)  Total = 600 tokens.  I've acquired the first 2 (Visby and Västerås), but doubt at this rate I'll even manage the 3rd.  While I did manage to get 2 140 token containers (so was a little lucky there), most of the rest have been either 10 or 20 tokens.

After the disappointing performance of the Sw DDs (I think the Fr DDs are faster, better turning, have harder hitting guns and torps; the only thing the Sw DDs have going for them is better concealment), I may just hold the rest of my earned tokens and buy Credits.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
877 posts
6,656 battles
15 minutes ago, KrasnyKrimzonOktyabrskya said:

You can't do that, you have to unlock the ships in sequence.

What I would have liked, since we have to buy them in sequence would be for WG to have allowed players to buy them out of sequence, but provide a discount of 100 tokens for each previous ship you'd acquired.  So the T9 DD would have been only 600 tokens if you'd bought the previous 4.  An arrangement like that would have provided enticement for players to push through all the ships.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
1,674 posts
12,375 battles

Not worth it. This event entire is another bad move in line of many recent....and the boats are just not that good.

Edited by LadyAnesjka
  • Cool 4
  • Boring 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2,133
[ARS]
Beta Testers
4,629 posts
4,997 battles
2 minutes ago, LadyAnesjka said:

Not worth it. This event entire is another bad move in line of many recent....and the boats are just not that good.

How is it bad?  You get stuff for playing.  Regardless of the quality of the stuff it is still stuff you'd not otherwise have and you can get some of it for free.

Yes, if you want it all you'll need to spend money, but something has to keep the devs paid and the servers on.

  • Boring 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
1,674 posts
12,375 battles
1 minute ago, Helstrem said:

How is it bad?  You get stuff for playing.  Regardless of the quality of the stuff it is still stuff you'd not otherwise have and you can get some of it for free.

Yes, if you want it all you'll need to spend money, but something has to keep the devs paid and the servers on.

None of these boat is "free"

They , like PR, require time.

Time is currency, and unless get good RNG - not get all the boat.

Boat are very sub par also.

  • Cool 1
  • Boring 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
3,091 posts
6,672 battles
5 minutes ago, LadyAnesjka said:

Not worth it. This event entire is another bad move in line of many recent....and the boats are just not that good.

I really love the line. The thing is that I don't think it's fair to expect every line to be released be one that each individual player loves. Some may really click with you, some not. That way there's diversity in gameplay styles.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
1,674 posts
12,375 battles
Just now, RainbowFartingUnicorn said:

I really love the line. The thing is that I don't think it's fair to expect every line to be released be one that each individual player loves. Some may really click with you, some not. That way there's diversity in gameplay styles.

I agree to this.

The only thing this line of boat do well is AA

Every thing else fall below line , unless Friesland

  • Confused 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2,133
[ARS]
Beta Testers
4,629 posts
4,997 battles
3 minutes ago, LadyAnesjka said:

None of these boat is "free"

They , like PR, require time.

Time is currency, and unless get good RNG - not get all the boat.

Boat are very sub par also.

Time does not equal money, contrary to what some will claim.  They are free.  You get them for doing something you were doing anyways.

  • Cool 1
  • Boring 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
305
[PROJX]
Beta Testers
728 posts
4,671 battles
2 minutes ago, LadyAnesjka said:

None of these boat is "free"

They , like PR, require time.

Time is currency, and unless get good RNG - not get all the boat.

Boat are very sub par also.

Well, like they said, you can get it just by playing. Your time is being spent playing the game anyways, so might as well get some stuff on the way. 

If you find that it's a waste of time, then don't play the game. It's that simple. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
1,674 posts
12,375 battles
Just now, PotatoMD said:

Well, like they said, you can get it just by playing. Your time is being spent playing the game anyways, so might as well get some stuff on the way. 

If you find that it's a waste of time, then don't play the game. It's that simple. 

Have not play but 3 matches in past week. Point is noted and in practice.
Now with Halland laser torpedoe, this game just getting silly now.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
672
[--O--]
Members
931 posts
1 hour ago, STINKWEED_ said:

 

So far 650 tokens after finishing the third directive. Will finishing the fourth directive provide the 350 European tokens needed for Östergötland ?  

 

You understand you have to buy each of the preceding ships first to get it right?

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5,569
[PVE]
Members
19,848 posts
12,024 battles
1 hour ago, STINKWEED_ said:

So far 650 tokens after finishing the third directive. Will finishing the fourth directive provide the 350 European tokens needed for Östergötland ?  

As others have said, you have to buy the early access DDs in order. You have enough for Visby and Vasteras.

https://worldofwarships.com/en/news/game-updates/european-destroyers-early-access/

 

While it is theoretically possible to get 3,000 EU Tokens out of 25 containers, that would require almost all of them dropping 140 EU Tokens per container. I highly doubt anyone will get that lucky. The likely scenario is that most will be lucky enough to get the T6 (24 avg) and some extremely lucky ones maybe get the T7 (48 avg, so not likely). Anything after that you will need to buy Tokens to get them.

 

 

1 hour ago, Estimated_Prophet said:

Right now it’s unlikely I’ll unlock ANY of the early access destroyers, as there’s nothing about that makes me care one whit about doing so.

There are 22 containers in the Directives and each one drops 10 EU Tokens at the minimum. So anyone who completes the 4 Directives can be assured to get the T5 Visby which only costs 200 EU Tokens.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
367
[BUOY]
Members
1,008 posts
14,525 battles

You get the Visby guaranteed from just the directives and shipments, no stream containers necessary.

You need some luck (24 or 18 tokens avg) to get the Vasteras.

You need good luck (48 or 35 avg) to get the Skane.

You need phenomenal luck (80 or 58 avg) to get Oland.

And finally you need lottery winning luck (120 or 86) to get Ostergotland F2P.

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×