You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
CaptGodzillaPig

What do you do when team play just drops off?

21 comments in this topic

Members
2,926 posts
5,690 battles

So, being house bound for the last 2 weeks I have taken back up some Ships..  Starting in the morning US PST, the team play is pretty good and I have been roaming around the T5-6 IJN DD realm with really good success.  Like 10-1, 12-2, even 15-0, win loss rates.    But then...  around 1-2PST every day, the team play just drops..  My stats don't vary much, but all of sudden the losses just start rolling up.  Literally just watch teams sit and lose. Games that should be won.  So..  I am no griping about that so much, but I just sit and take loss after loss.  Should I just pack it up and call it a day?  There is no carrying these teams.  My win/loss rate in the Hatsu would be ungodly if I did,  but I just keep going....

• Boring 1

Members
3,075 posts
15,923 battles

I'm losing battles with Kraken achievement. It's horrible MM and team play as you would see on weekends except now it's for at least two weeks straight. 

Either take a brake or play PT server for some flags and camo.   

[RKLES]
Members
12,551 posts
14,267 battles

I sometimes will try jumping  into stealthy Torp Boat DDs and see if I can rack up some good scores or not assuming the team play might be dropping off for enemy as well. But if I don’t meet with much of any success with those for a couple battles or so after being forced away from using some of my other ships then I log off for at least a few hours.

Members
2,926 posts
5,690 battles
21 minutes ago, Airjellyfish said:

If you are not enjoying the game any more for the day, it is best to do something else.

It's not that I don't enjoy it.  I am still doing my thing.  But I guess I was just curious who here would kick out to save win rate and who would keep going on.   I clearly keep going on.  lol

Members
2,926 posts
5,690 battles
5 minutes ago, Grimm262 said:

somebody is winning those games

Yes..  And sometimes I am on that "other side" that just rolls the lop team.  Either way.  The quality of play drops significantly.    Do you keep rolling the dice and hope for the best or do you kick out and protect your win rate?  I keep slogging.  Just me.  

[CAST]
[CAST]
Members
2,607 posts
10,459 battles

I don't know if it is players playing worst at certain times, or if WG is balancing your win rate by offsetting your wins with enough losses to put you in your "proper" bracket.  Sometimes it seems that way.

[VOP]
Members
600 posts
2 minutes ago, CaptGodzillaPig said:

It's not that I don't enjoy it.  I am still doing my thing.  But I guess I was just curious who here would kick out to save win rate and who would keep going on.   I clearly keep going on.  lol

I am a coop main.  I don't care about win rate.  I stop playing when I either achieve a task I set for myself or the game gets frustrating for one reason or another.  I guess the question you need to ask yourself is "If I entered the time period where the quality of team play affects my win rate, should I stop or take repeated hits to my win rate?"  It depends how bad you want to protect your win rate.  If you still want to play but protect your rate, do a few coop games or ops. Maybe go back to random in a few hours and see if anything changed.

[SEAKT]
[SEAKT]
Members
52 posts
6,008 battles
5 minutes ago, CaptGodzillaPig said:

:cap_book:Captain Yoda, once said playing World of Warships in RANDOMS, " You can not control other ships, but you can control your ship."  I took it just have fun competing against yourself. Win-rate is team play, now of days luck on MM.

Members
2,926 posts
5,690 battles
24 minutes ago, Admiral_Thrawn_1 said:

I sometimes will try jumping  into stealthy Torp Boat DDs and see if I can rack up some good scores or not assuming the team play might be dropping off for enemy as well. But if I don’t meet with much of any success with those for a couple battles or so after being forced away from using some of my other ships then I log off for at least a few hours.

Yeah actually I have been running Hatsu,  which is just a torp monster..10k torp with 5.8 detect and smoke..  But even that is just sometimes a toss.   I don't care.  I never been a win rate chaser.  I am happy with my basically 50/50.  (maybe a little under) since my days here in Beta.  Actually I find the play here now a lot better than say a year or so ago.  Not the competency of the play, but at least the good will and have fun part of it.  WG did a good job taking out the trash.  

Edited by CaptGodzillaPig

[CLUMP]
Members
825 posts
1,168 battles

Did 93k damage with hosho I could have possibly made 120k but lost :Smile_sceptic: Could have been some great exp if I would have won :Smile_sad:

[TMS]
Beta Testers
3,731 posts
14,321 battles

Certain times of the day is like the changing of the guard, people log off, and other coutries come online, this is what I have noticed.  If I want a stream of poor games I would play between 4 - 9pm my time AEST.

Once I hit about 10pm, the games seem more balanced, less CV and more DD, therefore I limit gaming on wows during those hours.

While I still get wins during those times, the game play is sub standard, and a lot of non english chatter in the chat, so it easier to not play.

Members
2,842 posts
8,918 battles

CaptGodillaPig is still one of the best Captain names out there. Hadn't talked to you in a while Captain. Got home and looked at the forum and saw you.. Wish you the best man. My crew and I have been deemed essential personnel and have been on 12 hour days. As usual this forum is a really great way to chill out and talk ship.. Read your stuff and I know how you are. You need to relax. Get in a big Battleship. Float around and drink a beer like the rest of us BB players. Crap, you dont' even have to hit them but it feels cool throwing small cars at the Cleveland.

Take  care Captain.

[--O--]
Members
931 posts

I have found for the last 2ish years when its 4pm us pst teams get worse..... Though I cannot back it up with reliable data I feel it is the west coast kids getting home from school and then the adults after 5. Not that they are any better or worse than anyone else but the server populates with far more people (lets face it population density on the west coast) this causes some really bad games somehow.

What I do when i see multiple losses is pull out the Yugumo or Asashio both boats I can typically get multiple kills with as well as bait radar, deny cap or cap but most importantly SPOT. I cannot control what the rest of the team will do but at least with their stealth ability I can stay out of danger most games, if a cv is around its harder for sure.

[-POI-]
Members
80 posts
8,977 battles

Since last week has been like that for me, I can stand a few days, but not a whole week of stupidity, and I don't care too much about WR, specially because is team based score (u can carry all u want but still losing more than winning), I prefer PR. But anyway, what makes me quit playing random is constantly losing, always being in the top 3 in xp (and I'm a joe average guy) and starting a game, and suddenly look the scores and after like 4 min, being 5 ships down; and seeing ppl making noob plays, and I mean very noob "tier 1 with 10 mins total played time" plays.
After that I change to coop if there's some missions available, or play some ops.

[DRFTR]
Beta Testers
2,138 posts

I hop in an SPG and hunt for salt and tears...

[LZ1]
Members
259 posts
5,735 battles
On 3/25/2020 at 7:21 PM, CaptGodzillaPig said:

So, being house bound for the last 2 weeks I have taken back up some Ships..  Starting in the morning US PST, the team play is pretty good and I have been roaming around the T5-6 IJN DD realm with really good success.  Like 10-1, 12-2, even 15-0, win loss rates.    But then...  around 1-2PST every day, the team play just drops..  My stats don't vary much, but all of sudden the losses just start rolling up.  Literally just watch teams sit and lose. Games that should be won.  So..  I am no griping about that so much, but I just sit and take loss after loss.  Should I just pack it up and call it a day?  There is no carrying these teams.  My win/loss rate in the Hatsu would be ungodly if I did,  but I just keep going....

In randoms? There's never any team play in any of the games I play. So I don't know what it's like otherwise. If I waited for games with team play I'd never get to play a game. Hence my win rate.