Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
ArIskandir

Anything better at tier IV to swat flies than italian DDT?

9 comments in this topic

[SALVO]
Members
4,437 posts
3,825 battles

After a brief search seems the strongest AA at tier 4 is on Giussano, maxing her AA is enough to hurt t4 squadrons badly?

[RLGN]
Members
14,304 posts
25,241 battles

Who knows.

Protected MM; best ships for me have been Yubari, (DFAA,) Vampire, C-hull Wyoming, and Katori, (fighter.)

Tier 5s, that can encounter T4 CVs, have been; DFAA Nicholas, Mutsuki, New York/Texas, a few of the other T5 cruisers and battleships. (Konig is one.)

• Cool 1

[SALVO]
Members
4,437 posts
3,825 battles
4 minutes ago, Estimated_Prophet said:

Who knows.

Protected MM; best ships for me have been Yubari, (DFAA,) Vampire, C-hull Wyoming, and Katori, (fighter.)

Tier 5s, that can encounter T4 CVs, have been; DFAA Nicholas, Mutsuki, New York/Texas, a few of the other T5 cruisers and battleships. (Konig is one.)

Giussano has a fighter too. I wan´t it specifically at tier 4, these days tier 4 lands you almost every time at a full tier 4 match with limited ships and 2-3 CVs per side. I intend to run a div with a friend and show the finger to the CV infestation. If it can really decimate planes.

• Cool 1

[RKLES]
Members
12,551 posts
14,267 battles
46 minutes ago, hexeris said:

Yubari?

Yeah Yubari has often been what a I have used to shoot down planes at tier IV. Now if using tier V the choices multiply exponentially.

And actually I think  Kuma can be good as well if you have invested in relying on your catapult aircraft, such as the double squadrons, superintendent, Jack of all Trades, BFT, and carrying premium consumables. A dedicated tier IV CV seal clubbed might suspect a Yubari, but an ambush by a Kuma is not something they would likely suspect. Only problem is the AA guns on Kuma are weak enough that you really need your Cat Fighters to do the work for you.

[1984]
Members
4,128 posts
19,953 battles
2 hours ago, ArIskandir said:

After a brief search seems the strongest AA at tier 4 is on Giussano, maxing her AA is enough to hurt t4 squadrons badly?

I got 26 plane kills against 2 cvs today. Its the best at the tier. Took aa specced katori out today, 4 plane kills including 1 with fighter. Dont wast time with anything else if you want to grief the clubbers.

• Cool 1

Members
740 posts
9,789 battles

Orion with the "B: hull has a 42 AA rating with a 5.8  km range without captain skills or flags.  It's what I use when I just want to shot down planes at T4.  I'm not much of a BB guy though.  Texas, by comparison has a base 50 AA rating with a 3.5 km range.

Edited by Malamute_Kid
  • Cool 1

[RLGN]
Members
14,304 posts
25,241 battles
2 hours ago, ArIskandir said:

Giussano has a fighter too. I wan´t it specifically at tier 4, these days tier 4 lands you almost every time at a full tier 4 match with limited ships and 2-3 CVs per side. I intend to run a div with a friend and show the finger to the CV infestation. If it can really decimate planes.

I think it’s a 1 for 1 exchange on cat fighters; so it depends on how many that ship launches.

Katori, for example, only launches one, but that number can be increased with a few things. (Not certain about modules, but Fighter Direction Center is a +1 fighter skill, IIRC.)

Bad news for the T4 torpies, but not as much so for rockets and bombers.

[SALVO]
Members
4,437 posts
3,825 battles
1 hour ago, monpetitloup said:

I got 26 plane kills against 2 cvs today. Its the best at the tier. Took aa specced katori out today, 4 plane kills including 1 with fighter. Dont wast time with anything else if you want to grief the clubbers.

I did fine too with the Giussano, without specing for AA. Hope with AA specs it gives some pause to CVs.

42 minutes ago, Malamute_Kid said:

Orion with the "B: hull has a 42 AA rating with a 5.8  km range without captain skills or flags.  It's what I use when I just want to shot down planes at T4.  I'm not much of a BB guy though.  Texas, by comparison has a base 50 AA rating with a 3.5 km range.

Will try that one too, gotta grind the line anyway.

TY all

Sign in to follow this