You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Efros

Will the global economy...

11 comments in this topic

[CO-OP]
Members
1,492 posts
24,752 battles

be able to support WG's pricing. Let's face it some interesting times are in our short term future no matter who or where you are (Bill Gates and his friends excepted). I was thinking about this and pretty much came to the conclusion that gaming costs would be one of the first things anyone hitting hard times would just cut to zero, given this WG may not be able to sustain their premium ship = cost of AAA title pricing. Any thoughts?

• Boring 2

[TBW]
Members
10,290 posts
17,483 battles

A person and their vice's are not easily parted.

• Funny 1

[HINON]
Members
13,268 posts

My gaming emergency fund is always funded for 12 months minimum. :cap_cool:

• Funny 1
  • Boring 1

[RLGN]
Members
14,306 posts
25,245 battles
3 minutes ago, Sovereigndawg said:

A person and their vice's are not easily parted.

So true!

[TWFT]
Members
1,347 posts
37,429 battles

As a reformed whale that used to pump $100+ a month in to this game, but now spends around $20 every 2 months I can say that I wont be changing much for now.

[PSP]
Members
85 posts
18,621 battles

Being retired, I am not too much affected by the global economy, unless prices rise tremendously.  My income is assured.  I do think that there are many who will have cash flow problems in the immediate future.  They will have to cut back and I'm sure that gaming/entertainment will be one of the first things to go.  Food and shelter will be high priorities.

• Cool 1

[IXM]
Members
1,060 posts

Nothing changes for me, never spent a dime, never going to spend a dime. Especially given the Operations reward nerfs.

Alpha Tester
595 posts
15,625 battles

I am concerned about a severe recession in America. I'm old, and don't want to think about trying to live out my retirement if the wheelbarrow is worth more than the money filling it. That does not sound like life to me, it sounds like a horrible slow death.

[WOLF9]
Members
660 posts
18,949 battles

On the flip side, there is NO sports, NO movies, NO restaurant dining, NO outdoor festivities (parties, etc.), VERY LIMITED household entertainment happening here in the US, people WILL need some form of recreation diversions.  WOWS may experience an increase from some of these people. 

Personally, I spent way more in 2019 than I thought I would and have cut back drastically, but I still do spend some.  That will continue for the foreseeable future.

[WOLF9]
Members
4,476 posts
14 minutes ago, kyesac said:

On the flip side, there is NO sports, NO movies, NO restaurant dining, NO outdoor festivities (parties, etc.), VERY LIMITED household entertainment happening here in the US, people WILL need some form of recreation diversions.  WOWS may experience an increase from some of these people. 

Personally, I spent way more in 2019 than I thought I would and have cut back drastically, but I still do spend some.  That will continue for the foreseeable future.

Yeah, as a co-op main, premium time is mandatory.   I'm going to need to keep getting that, if I want to continue playing.

Doubloons, too.   I jumped into that research bureau thing with both feet,  because I really wanted Colbert.  Which completely decimated my free XP.   I'm down to 130k from an average of 1.7 million.    And I have SO much XP marooned on various ships, the only efficient way to convert it is to just dump doubloons into it.   (I have 250+ ships, and digging through them all choosing which ships to convert is a major chore)

Sadly, I changed my mind about Colbert and passed on it.  I'm 1k tokens short of Ohio...

As for things like crates, bundles and ships?   I'll be passing on those for a while.

I have an "essential job", so I'm still working- I just don't see the need to reward WG for the GODAWFUL meta they've created.

• Cool 1

[A-D-F]
Members
1,163 posts
10,477 battles
On 3/25/2020 at 5:31 PM, Fletcher7_1944 said:

Yeah, as a co-op main, premium time is mandatory.   I'm going to need to keep getting that, if I want to continue playing.

Doubloons, too.   I jumped into that research bureau thing with both feet,  because I really wanted Colbert.  Which completely decimated my free XP.   I'm down to 130k from an average of 1.7 million.    And I have SO much XP marooned on various ships, the only efficient way to convert it is to just dump doubloons into it.   (I have 250+ ships, and digging through them all choosing which ships to convert is a major chore)

Sadly, I changed my mind about Colbert and passed on it.  I'm 1k tokens short of Ohio...

As for things like crates, bundles and ships?   I'll be passing on those for a while.

I have an "essential job", so I'm still working- I just don't see the need to reward WG for the GODAWFUL meta they've created.

They've created it as you say, let them reap it.