Jump to content
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
anonym_9qa81sg1ET3c

Can you explain this?

11 comments in this topic

Recommended Posts

1,487
[WOLFC]
Members
2,712 posts
11,219 battles
9 minutes ago, Ban_CV_Complainers said:

Friesland has 20mm of HE pen and Jutland has 19mm of armor. I'm not too good at the maths but how did it take so many hits to sink him? Seems like some low damage here.

 

 

image.thumb.png.cc921aea50471dfb884b6ba8719f73f6.png

My guess would be the damage saturation mechanics played a role in this, especially considering the fact that those numbers indicate he used at least one heal during the battle.

  • Cool 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9,946
[PSP]
[PSP]
Members
15,236 posts
1 minute ago, Nevermore135 said:

My guess would be the damage saturation

This.

That looks like what was happening. If you check your replay you might find that you were aiming at the same spot all the time.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
341 posts
19,356 battles

Because of the module HP mechanism, each shell results in either 1/3 max. damage (1/6 from the module and 1/6 from the hull) or 1/6 max. damage (from the hull only when module HP reaches 0). Your 66 shells hit caused 22264 damage. 337 damage each in average is approximately 1/5 of the max. damage (1750 for Friesland HE), which is reasonable.

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
Guest
0 posts
13 minutes ago, Klaus_Conqueror said:

Because of the module HP mechanism, each shell results in either 1/3 max. damage (1/6 from the module and 1/6 from the hull) or 1/6 max. damage (from the hull only when module HP reaches 0). Your 66 shells hit caused 22264 damage. 337 damage each in average is approximately 1/5 of the max. damage (1750 for Friesland HE), which is reasonable.

If Im reading this correct its because I was hitting a saturated area so i was getting 1/6th damage? So its always best to hit the hull if possible?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,487
[WOLFC]
Members
2,712 posts
11,219 battles
14 minutes ago, Ban_CV_Complainers said:

If Im reading this correct its because I was hitting a saturated area so i was getting 1/6th damage? So its always best to hit the hull if possible?

Different areas of the hull (as well as the superstructure) have a set amount amount of HP. After it is depleted, the ship will still take damage, but at a much reduced amount. These sections appear completely blackened in game.

https://wiki.wargaming.net/en/Ship:Damage_Saturation

This is why, for example, a DD can take two torpedoes on the nose that should kill it and keep on sailing. The first hit saturates the bow section and mitigates the damage from the second torp.

Edited by Nevermore135

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
190
[-KIA-]
Members
821 posts
11,415 battles
5 minutes ago, Nevermore135 said:

This is why, for example, a DD can take two torpedoes on the nose that should kill it and keep on sailing.

Last time I saw a DD that survived with 10 torp hits on her bow, the first one did a lot of damage and the next 9 was mitigated... If this was real, that would have broken the ship into 2 pieces...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
714
[PRVTR]
Members
1,137 posts
6,288 battles

As you know, the Tier 9 and 10 Royal Navy DDs have access to a Repair Party Consumable. It's not that impressive, but it's enough that the Jutland was able to hold on for long enough that some portions were saturated with HE damage and he stopped taking so much damage. Which also leads to a point that @Snargfargle makes, that you should not be aiming right at the same spot on a DD during a fight. Sure, it's easy for you so that you don't have to adjust your aim, but you aren't really doing that much damage to him.

Speaking of which, I need to ask Lert how Repair Party actually works. I know it restores HP, but to what part of the ship. Is it a specific portion that was damaged, or is it that "invisible but really isn't" Whole hull portion.

:SerB:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
Guest
0 posts
1 minute ago, Shrayes_Bhagavatula said:

As you know, the Tier 9 and 10 Royal Navy DDs have access to a Repair Party Consumable. It's not that impressive, but it's enough that the Jutland was able to hold on for long enough that some portions were saturated with HE damage and he stopped taking so much damage. Which also leads to a point that @Snargfargle makes, that you should not be aiming right at the same spot on a DD during a fight. Sure, it's easy for you so that you don't have to adjust your aim, but you aren't really doing that much damage to him.

Speaking of which, I need to ask Lert how Repair Party actually works. I know it restores HP, but to what part of the ship. Is it a specific portion that was damaged, or is it that "invisible but really isn't" Whole hull portion.

:SerB:

I asked LWM a while ago and she said it restored HP to all portions of the ship when used.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×