db4100

Improper Use of "GG"

29 comments in this topic

[LWA]
Members
1,126 posts

Does this look like it was a "GG"???   Hells no.  It wasn't for my team.  Yeah, I get it that it was a good game or "GG" for the winning team as it was a total blowout, BUT KEEP THAT [edited] FOR YOUR OWN TEAM.   Otherwise it is just rubbing salt into an open wound.  Your team just rolled over my team and you are full of dopamine from the giddiness of winning and having a "gg".  But, telling us that it was a "gg" after it was a blow out and obvious that it was NOT a "GG" for my team makes me want to reach through the screen, grab you by the testicles, and rip them off.  Any winning player saying in open chat to the losing team that just got completely blown out...."GG"....should be chat banned for a three days.  

A few games are close and couldn't be decided until the last few seconds.....those are a good game or "GG" and would be welcomed in open chat.

OTHERWISE KEEP THAT "GG" MESSAGE  FOR A BLOW OUT TO YOUR OWN TEAM...…

GG.jpg

• Cool 5
  • Funny 5
  • Confused 1
  • Boring 5

[LWA]
Members
1,126 posts
Just now, schizrade said:

Hey man... GG

I did do a devastating strike on that Atlanta.....

• Cool 1

[LWA]
Members
1,126 posts
Just now, Amenhir said:

That GG had the desired effect.

Like I said....should be chat banned for harassment

• Funny 1
  • Boring 1

[WOLFC]
Members
1,664 posts
9,476 battles

...or the red player was being a decent human being and displaying some good sportsmanship, which is sadly all too rare.

To me, this seems like one of those instances where the way someone interprets others’ motives tells to you a lot more about them than the supposed “harasser.”

Edited by Nevermore135

[PSP]
[PSP]
Members
12,647 posts

"GG" is like returning a "good morning" -- it's just a common courtesy. You don't need to reply to a "good morning" with a rant about how it's not a good morning because your life sucks.

• Cool 3

[DJL]
Members
212 posts
6,644 battles

If this is all you got to complain about then life must be treating you well. Gg is a show of respect. You rather them say get good, Just dodge? Don't make a mountain out of a mo hill. The same as saying good luck at the start of the match. You know respect? Dieing Concept it seems.

Best of luck to you.

• Cool 1

[PSP]
[PSP]
Members
12,647 posts
18 minutes ago, Athrun2021 said:

If this is all you got to complain about then life must be treating you well. Gg is a show of respect. You rather them say get good, Just dodge? Don't make a mountain out of a mo hill. The same as saying good luck at the start of the match. You know respect? Dieing Concept it seems.

Best of luck to you.

Even if my team, and myself, did poorly I still say "gg."

image.png.ce2d6b12e4d41f4aa57f036adc581b0a.png

image.png.eb82f281bd1837393d2527125f3ba19b.png

• Cool 3

[LWA]
Members
1,126 posts

yeah, yeah.  I take it most you guys didn't play team sports.  When you blow out a team you don't go into their locker room and say "good game guys" , "nice try", "better luck next time", "get gud".....that kind of rhetoric can get your butt kicked....game or no game.

You just leave them alone.  

and it is not polite to point out that you lost big, and a "gg" does just that.  Some were just fortunate to be put on a better team whilst other put on a team of potatoes.  Celebrating your good fortune in the face of those whom unwillingly gave you that "fortune" is in bad taste.  It is obvious that it is not a good game when it is a blow out...….that is my point.  It is embarrassing to be on the team that got blown out.

It is like a rapist saying to the person whom they [edited] "was it as good for you as it was for me?"

• Confused 1

[PSP]
[PSP]
Members
12,647 posts
Just now, db4100 said:

yeah, yeah.  I take it most you guys didn't play team sports.  When you blow out a team you don't go into their locker room and say "good game guys" ,

In high school, when I played football, the teams would file past each other and actually say "good game" when it was finished.

• Cool 5

[WOLFC]
Members
1,664 posts
9,476 battles
21 minutes ago, db4100 said:

It is like a rapist saying to the person whom they [edited] "was it as good for you as it was for me?"

With all due respect, this is an absurd comparison. The fact that you can draw a comparison between this and a two-word throwaway comment in an online video game chat is ridiculous.

Get over yourself.

Edited by Nevermore135
  • Cool 2

Members
6,112 posts
7,423 battles

I think I happen to agree with the OP here, to an extent.

I'll say GG in team chat if we're winning, especially if the win appeared easy from my perspective. I know all too well how frustrating losing can be; I think we all do, and even if the intent behind a GG from the winning team is to show good sportsmanship, it doesn't really ever come off that way. There have been times where an all chat GG was warranted, but that's almost always been when my team and I have played our hearts out, the game is close, but ultimately results in a loss still. Otherwise, it just feels like a crap game and a GG from the opposing (winning) team does seem out of place.

Only time I'd say GG in all chat when my team wins, is if someone on the red team offers it first. If someone on the losing team feels that it was a "GG", then I'll reciprocate out of good sportsmanship. Otherwise I feel like I'm rubbing salt in the wound, so to speak, because you can bet that out of 12 players, at least one of them did not have a "GG". And I see no reason to come off as rude to anyone.

Edited by GhostSwordsman
  • Cool 1

[RM-I]
[RM-I]
Members
960 posts
9,462 battles
1 hour ago, Snargfargle said:

In high school, when I played football, the teams would file past each other and actually say "good game" when it was finished.

Same with mine. We would even slap hands as we passed by. It wasn’t only in high school, it was something we did from little league ball all the way up to high school sports. 

[QNA]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
68 posts
10,407 battles
2 hours ago, Snargfargle said:

Yeah but when I played, almost every single match was close-run and it was never a blowout where you won by 24 or more points. The average score in the majority of football matches in my experience was less than 2 downs (12 points), and usually only a single Field Goal (3 point) difference in the score. So the "losing team" could reverse a score by getting just 1 touchdown and instead of losing by 3 points, they'd win by 3... that's the very definition of close game and gg not being insulting because it could be down to the last 60 seconds and victory still wasn't assured for either team.

In contrast, OP had only 2 of 12 guys still alive on his team, and the enemy team still had 8/12 alive; so it definitely wasn't a gg moment. Now, on occasion the enemy teams can be pretty stupid, so maybe your 2 survivors managed to stay alive and your "team" kept enough caps to win through points. In that sort of a situation that's worthy of saying gg, because BOTH teams had a chance. One team because they had the better killers (if slightly stupid because they forgot about the caps to chase kills) and one team had the lemmings but were bright enough to cap the points early and then kite & reset to hold bases.

Members
2,915 posts
36,725 battles

GG, * covers testicles with rhinestone covered cod piece and dives over thread wall, lands on CVs thread only to be set on fire by an angry Smolly player.

Offff, hot, hot, ooohh that is hot. Me hairs got burned off. Hoooo. That's going to hurt a wee bit.

Anybody got any burn gel?

• Cool 1

[KNCOL]
Members
788 posts
1,749 battles

I say gg usually at the end of every game because I can and I'm not a miserable man child that gets upset over the smallest thing.

If you need me I'm going to make a post about I how feel upset over a virtual boat now

[O_O]
Members
6,450 posts
15,349 battles

I type "good game" in chat at the end of nearly every game, regardless of outcome.

"GG" if I win, "gg" if I lose, though!

[PSP]
[PSP]
Members
12,647 posts
4 hours ago, SteelRain_Rifleman said:

That's going to hurt a wee bit. Anybody got any burn gel?

I've got some 60% alcohol hand sanitizer gel, will that work?

Edit: The above is not to be taken as serious medical advice, you really don't want to do this. Use silvadene cream on burns.