Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
slokill_1

so is a vaster better than visby?

9 comments in this topic

[LEGIT]
Members
2,333 posts
31,760 battles

It sounds like a bigger DD - but is that better?

[WOLFC]
Members
1,649 posts
9,465 battles

Yes. She has 10km torpedoes (vs 8km) as well as an extra gun barrel. In addition, she doesn’t have the weird reload bug that Visby has that causes the single gun to reload faster than the twin turrets. That bug has thrown me off several times as I’m trying to maneuver hard while keeping my guns firing at a target.

[MINVY]
[MINVY]
Members
743 posts
6,688 battles

It feels better to me. I'm having some great matches across the line, though seems as usual the higher tier ships perform better in general than at lower tiers. I know some are grumbling that they are boring or weak but they do seem fun. I never thought I'd find the courage to not rely so much on smoke, and glad these came along to encourage me to practice run and gun more. Torps may be soft hitters, but they reload quickly and go far and fast.

[1984]
Members
4,125 posts
19,914 battles
6 hours ago, slokill_1 said:

It sounds like a bigger DD - but is that better?

They play the same, i like visby better so far simply because of the mm. The tier 6 ikea sees tier 8 ships and with their already anemic gunnery you dont need to be fighting bensons etc.

btw so far these are definitely torp boats. I found this out the hard way watching ap bounce of the flat broadside of a myoko about 5km away from me. Their pea shooters are only for knocking the last 1k hp off a ship with he or for self defense when you are cornered (you will most likely lose unless the enemy dd cant or doesnt shoot. Oh and btw their torps dont pack enough punch to sink a bb outright so forget yoloing.

Edited by monpetitloup

[USA-N]
Members
785 posts
9,223 battles

They are torp boats with VERY weak torps and VERY poor concealment.

So, they suck. Hard.

All day.

• Cool 1
  • Boring 1

[--O--]
Members
931 posts

My take on them so far:

If these are suppose to be torp boats, they fail miserably
(10k torps are nice but do little damage against anything other than other dd's)
(Guns I would not take to a Mexican Standoff because the opponent will win even with a knife)
(No smoke, seriously one of a dd's primary defense's is SMOKE or at least speed. These ships have neither)
(AA is still weak as hell)

I really have no clue what wargaming was thinking other than (need more ships, must make more ships yes master more ships master) well even Igor doesnt know.

[ARGSY]
Members
10,326 posts
16,093 battles

Easy to get 6+ torp hit /match.  key is to   spam torp all match.   makes it easy with 10km torps at t6. 

Edited by centarina

[CNO]
[CNO]
Members
5,884 posts
17,928 battles

What I want to know:  Is Visby a visibly faster Vaster?

• Cool 1
  • Funny 1

Sign in to follow this