Jump to content
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
TwoLate51

Finally did it Happy Dance

21 comments in this topic

Recommended Posts

182
[THOR]
Members
461 posts
6,086 battles

Been grinding hard to learn, watching all the videos, all of you helping me and I finally hit 50%. Been a long haul from 40%. Now and trying to get the kills up and PR. Both of those climbing up. Still making those Dumba** moves and I go why did I do that. I thought you learn not to do that lol. Hard dumb habits are hard to break. Does feel good to contribute some for the team. I know this is not a big thing for you unicums but I hope I can encourage those to learn more. If this big Tator Tot can do it anybody can do it. Wife does humor me when we watch hours and hours of youtube videos. lol. Poor girl have to treat her more. She does like Sea Raptor loves the way he speaks and his humor. Thanks all for the help and I will keep asking questions.

Capture.JPG

  • Cool 13

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
267
[NFJF]
Members
653 posts
9,895 battles

Running Divs with your clanmates is another great way to get stats up. It helped me a lot especially the first year I so I played the game. I still set realistic "stats goals" for myself because the better I get, the more I will enjoy the game.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,645
[O_O]
[O_O]
Members
4,773 posts
21,546 battles

Congrats! Just 2% more and you'll have the "Good" rating. Some think win rate is insignificant but, if you set improving it as a goal, and achieve it, then it means a lot. I like to think I don't care about win rate but I do...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2,911
[O_O]
Members
6,450 posts
15,349 battles
18 minutes ago, TwoLate51 said:

Still making those Dumba** moves and I go why did I do that.

I hate to tell you...but I have been at 57% win rate for a looong time, and I still pull Dumba** moves.  You will never outgrown them...you just hope to make them a little less common! :Smile_teethhappy:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2
[-GOD-]
Members
2 posts
754 battles

Congratulations!  

I, too, am a sub-par player, languishing somewhere in low to mid 40's.  Its very frustrating for me, as I don't sometimes know what I don't' know. 

But also, oftentimes, I get stuck on a string of bad teams where nobody is working with anybody.  I had a round today we lost 4 ships within the first 5 or 10 min... I was like.. REALLY???

So, I dunno.  I know I'm not a great player, but I feel that I am playing better than my stats show.  I would like to get back to 50 one day.  Anyways, congrats on your achievement

  • Cool 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
182
[THOR]
Members
461 posts
6,086 battles
25 minutes ago, admiralsexybeast said:

Running Divs with your clanmates is another great way to get stats up. It helped me a lot especially the first year I so I played the game. I still set realistic "stats goals" for myself because the better I get, the more I will enjoy the game.

Funny thing I do a little better solo. Most likely because I play a lot 8 and down solo. 

Solo.JPG

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
267
[NFJF]
Members
653 posts
9,895 battles
5 minutes ago, 4DarthRazr said:

Congratulations!  

I, too, am a sub-par player, languishing somewhere in low to mid 40's.  Its very frustrating for me, as I don't sometimes know what I don't' know. 

But also, oftentimes, I get stuck on a string of bad teams where nobody is working with anybody.  I had a round today we lost 4 ships within the first 5 or 10 min... I was like.. REALLY???

So, I dunno.  I know I'm not a great player, but I feel that I am playing better than my stats show.  I would like to get back to 50 one day.  Anyways, congrats on your achievement

Don't sweat it right now man, you're not even at 500 battles yet. You're still learning and it takes time. This game has a higher learning curve that it gets credit for.

  • Cool 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2
[-GOD-]
Members
2 posts
754 battles
2 minutes ago, admiralsexybeast said:

Don't sweat it right now man, you're not even at 500 battles yet. You're still learning and it takes time. This game has a higher learning curve that it gets credit for.

Thanks for the encouragement, Mate!  Nice to know there are still kind people in game forums  ;)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2,671
[O7]
Members
1,030 posts
4,418 battles
41 minutes ago, TwoLate51 said:

I know this is not a big thing for you unicums

I was once a 40% win rate player with red PR as well. Everyone starts as a potato

This is absolutely a big thing, what you have shown in a continuous upward trend and a willingness to learn

Unlike those cowards who hide their stats out of shame, people who embrace it and finding ways to better themselves will improve and take steps toward becoming unicum

I am proud to see that there are still parts of the playerbase striving to become better and you are well on your way to that purple number, I can already see it in your recent stats.

  • Cool 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3,548
[TARK]
Members
6,633 posts
2,525 battles
23 minutes ago, DolphinPrincess said:

I was once a 40% win rate player with red PR as well. Everyone starts as a potato

This is absolutely a big thing, what you have shown in a continuous upward trend and a willingness to learn

Unlike those cowards who hide their stats out of shame, people who embrace it and finding ways to better themselves will improve and take steps toward becoming unicum

I am proud to see that there are still parts of the playerbase striving to become better and you are well on your way to that purple number, I can already see it in your recent stats.

Just make sure the purple stats dont go to your head to where you think its fine to insult others...like in the above quote.

There is no need to be a jerk when you are awesome...

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
182
[THOR]
Members
461 posts
6,086 battles
37 minutes ago, 4DarthRazr said:

Thanks for the encouragement, Mate!  Nice to know there are still kind people in game forums  ;)

4darthRazr. You only just begun. Keep it up After 3k things started to click some. What help me the most besides the YouTube videos the great people here on forum was regrind the USA BB line. The game slowdown for me playing bb and gave me time to focus the minimap and get in the right position. I have up on Dd game to fast for me so I am learning cruiser and bb. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
182
[THOR]
Members
461 posts
6,086 battles
44 minutes ago, DolphinPrincess said:

I was once a 40% win rate player with red PR as well. Everyone starts as a potato

This is absolutely a big thing, what you have shown in a continuous upward trend and a willingness to learn

Unlike those cowards who hide their stats out of shame, people who embrace it and finding ways to better themselves will improve and take steps toward becoming unicum

I am proud to see that there are still parts of the playerbase striving to become better and you are well on your way to that purple number, I can already see it in your recent stats.

Thanks You can see my stats I struggle with tier 9 and 10. Getting better. I think it is because I am not patient enough first Ten minutes. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
267
[NFJF]
Members
653 posts
9,895 battles
21 minutes ago, Daniel_Allan_Clark said:

Just make sure the purple stats dont go to your head to where you think its fine to insult others...like in the above quote.

There is no need to be a jerk when you are awesome...

Im saying this from personal experience. The Majority of Unicum players are actually pretty friendly and helpful. Often, they give good solid advice that people should consider taking. For example @Lord_Zath will actually review replays and give advice based on what he sees in said replays. Don't be quick to assume all unicums are the same because you had a run in with a toxic one.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
803
[WOLFC]
Members
1,667 posts
9,483 battles
21 minutes ago, admiralsexybeast said:

Im saying this from personal experience. The Majority of Unicum players are actually pretty friendly and helpful. Often, they give good solid advice that people should consider taking. For example @Lord_Zath will actually review replays and give advice based on what he sees in said replays. Don't be quick to assume all unicums are the same because you had a run in with a toxic one.

I’ve also had a few very good and informative interactions with some “unicum” players. Which is why it’s such a shame when you do encounter a toxic one. They can dispense valuable advice and suggestions, but people are much less likely to listen if they go out of their way to be an :etc_swear: about it.

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,670
[SALVO]
Members
4,449 posts
3,825 battles
2 hours ago, TwoLate51 said:

Capture.JPG

Question: Why is this guy PR so low? he has the win rate and has the damage... 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3,548
[TARK]
Members
6,633 posts
2,525 battles
1 hour ago, admiralsexybeast said:

Im saying this from personal experience. The Majority of Unicum players are actually pretty friendly and helpful. Often, they give good solid advice that people should consider taking. For example @Lord_Zath will actually review replays and give advice based on what he sees in said replays. Don't be quick to assume all unicums are the same because you had a run in with a toxic one.

Agreed.

Some unicums though...amazing, highly skilled players...really mean to everyone.

Dont be like that.

Be like Lord Zath and other helpful experts.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
565 posts
5 hours ago, Khafni said:

Congrats! Just 2% more and you'll have the "Good" rating. Some think win rate is insignificant but, if you set improving it as a goal, and achieve it, then it means a lot. I like to think I don't care about win rate but I do...

Divisioning up as a coordinated team against randoms really says more about your misplaced goals and values than it does about 'quality' of play.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,750
[FML]
Members
3,942 posts
15,503 battles
9 hours ago, TwoLate51 said:

Been grinding hard to learn, watching all the videos, all of you helping me and I finally hit 50%. Been a long haul from 40%. Now and trying to get the kills up and PR. Both of those climbing up. Still making those Dumba** moves and I go why did I do that. I thought you learn not to do that lol. Hard dumb habits are hard to break. Does feel good to contribute some for the team. I know this is not a big thing for you unicums but I hope I can encourage those to learn more. If this big Tator Tot can do it anybody can do it. Wife does humor me when we watch hours and hours of youtube videos. lol. Poor girl have to treat her more. She does like Sea Raptor loves the way he speaks and his humor. Thanks all for the help and I will keep asking questions.

Capture.JPG

Good show. 

I am glad you've set an objective, worked out how to acheive it, and actively sought to improve yourself to get better.  Well done!

The below links also have useful information, if you havent come across them already.  Good luck!

 

Edit: @4DarthRazr - the links above might also be helpful for you, plus the ones below: 

  • (For brand New Players - a full comprehensive guide) iChase's How to get good at World of Warships - I wish this was around when I started!
  • (For New Players) - Wargaming's 'How It Works' series that explains the game's mechanics - important to learn these as it differs to real life!
Edited by UltimateNewbie

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2,162
[-K-]
SuperTest Coordinator, Members, Supertester, WoWS Community Contributors
5,909 posts
21,011 battles
15 hours ago, admiralsexybeast said:

Im saying this from personal experience. The Majority of Unicum players are actually pretty friendly and helpful. Often, they give good solid advice that people should consider taking. For example @Lord_Zath will actually review replays and give advice based on what he sees in said replays. Don't be quick to assume all unicums are the same because you had a run in with a toxic one.

Hey thanks for the callout!  Going live now:

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3,041
[WOLF1]
Beta Testers
11,414 posts
15,870 battles

Grats!! 

arnold schwarzenegger smiling GIF

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×