You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
TankzGirl

Why does MM inject CV's into Co-op games?

31 comments in this topic

[DJL]
Members
29 posts
15,046 battles

The advantage of playing co-op games is they're quick and you can get in & out faster than a random.

So, when no human brings a CV into a co-op, WHY DOES MM INJECT ONE?

Stretches the game out, can actually double the time to complete the game while you chase down the cv at game's end.

Unless a human brings a CV, matchmaker shouldn't inject one into the game in a co-op.  Anyone agree?

• Cool 1
  • Boring 6

Members
3,089 posts
564 battles

I thought it matches exactly what the green team brings into the que...
Dont think I ever heard of this one before

[NMKJT]
Members
2,679 posts
7,489 battles
Just now, neptunes_wrath said:

You can have bot CV fighting bot CV in coop. I don't know why, but you can.

[HOT]
Members
260 posts
6,994 battles

whats the diffrence? same why you have no human BBs yet there is one, same could be said for all classes

[PVE]
Members
1,443 posts
39,329 battles
19 minutes ago, TankzGirl said:

The advantage of playing co-op games is they're quick and you can get in & out faster than a random.

Stretches the game out, can actually double the time to complete the game while you chase down the cv at game's end.

Unless a human brings a CV, matchmaker shouldn't inject one into the game in a co-op.  Anyone agree?

We like killing CVs.

[ARGSY]
Members
20,158 posts
14,332 battles

Because bot CV planes are mostly harmless, and if directives call for it you can farm them as your food.

[PVE]
Members
19,848 posts
12,024 battles
26 minutes ago, TankzGirl said:

18 minutes ago, neptunes_wrath said:

17 minutes ago, MnemonScarlet said:

You can have bot CV fighting bot CV in coop. I don't know why, but you can.

11 minutes ago, Skyspartan said:

whats the diffrence? same why you have no human BBs yet there is one, same could be said for all classes

This^^^

5 minutes ago, cecill611 said:

We like killing CVs.

and this^^^

3 minutes ago, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

Because bot CV planes are mostly harmless, and if directives call for it you can farm them as your food.

and this^^^

[RLGN]
Members
14,306 posts
25,245 battles
20 minutes ago, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

Not so much any more. Bot CVs getting better in term of attacking, hitting is still a bit hit or miss, but they are attacking more.

[WOLF3]
Members
27,076 posts
23,845 battles
49 minutes ago, Navalpride33 said:

Just be happy its not 2 CVs on each side...

I wish we could get 2 red bot CVs in Co-op.  I'd love to slaughter all their planes.

[NWOC]
[NWOC]
Members
1,016 posts
12,339 battles
1 hour ago, neptunes_wrath said:

Figured same same neptunes.

[DJL]
Members
214 posts
6,644 battles
2 hours ago, TankzGirl said:

Hello fellow clan mate. Think of it as free aircraft kills, and a free cv kill only thing an AI cv can do is spot you nothing more as a stealth dd can be a pain but is what it is.

The game itself does not  Discriminate it just adds what it wants at random. Be it cv bb dd ect. Your going to get mixed reviews saying remove all cv's to cv is life. Best of luck to ya young lady!

[PVE]
Members
1,032 posts
8,573 battles

Spreadsheet says CVs make the game more fun and engaging.

TBH I do appreciate their spotting when I play a ship with smoke though

[SALVO]
Members
4,449 posts
3,825 battles
3 hours ago, Navalpride33 said:

Just be happy its not 3 CVs on each side...

FTFY

[SALVO]
Members
4,449 posts
3,825 battles
Just now, Navalpride33 said:

Not possible in co-op..

shouldn´t be possible in random either, bet there you are... 

[WORX]
Members
10,675 posts
18,567 battles
1 minute ago, ArIskandir said:

shouldn´t be possible in random either, bet there you are...  

Wrong, Its possible in Randoms when there is a Random drop after 3 min of waiting. Usually happens when not enough people are in queue, not to mention the other restrictions MM has to deal with...

After 3 min mark, MM says the heck with it and dumps the queue ships into a match..

MM changes are coming for next patch drop... It will avoid these funny MM dumps.

[A-O]
Members
1,001 posts
10,101 battles
3 hours ago, TankzGirl said:

I like CVs in CO-OP for now.

They are fairly harmless and provide good damage and XP count.

Members
4,458 posts
19,466 battles

I figure that it's because WG management  has this delusion that players like having friggin CVs in every match.

• Cool 1

[WOLF3]
Members
27,076 posts
23,845 battles
16 minutes ago, ReddNekk said:

I figure that it's because WG management  has this delusion that players like having friggin CVs in every match.

I love them, they're Ribbons, XPs, and Credits literally falling from the sky.  The bot CVs in Co-op can't hit sh*t.

Bot CV aircraft also fly in perfect, straight lines, which means they also get chewed up by Flak bursts.

The only time they actually become scary in PVE is going to Training Room and setting the bot CVs to Hard AI.  I remember trying it with my Shima vs Hard Hakuryu and Midway.  In prior patches I could dance around the map with 3 Hard Tier X CVs trying to attack me and they couldn't hit SH*T.  But the recent patch, the Midway and Hakuryu bots on Hard successfully strike me with rockets at the start, which has never happened before.

Edited by HazeGrayUnderway

[IRNBN]
Members
3,388 posts
9,813 battles
5 hours ago, cecill611 said:

We like killing CVs.

Yes, we do! :cap_like:

[TORCH]
Members
594 posts
14,842 battles
11 hours ago, TankzGirl said:

True.  But on the plus side, the bot CV planes are pretty harmless, so you can shoot them down by the dozens.  And, assuming you don't die early, you can farm a huge amount of damage killing that CV.  For one of the recent directives, you needed some insane number of secondary hits.  I took my Mass B our in coop and was oh, so happy to see a CV.  Sailed straight ahead, and once the other bots were mostly dead just sailed up in secondary range of the bot CV and let the secondaries blaze away, while continuing to swat his planes out of the air.

One other thought.  MAYBE WG decided to inject CVs as a way to make coop games longer, precisely because of the forum threads complaining about coop games being too short.  Probably not, but wouldn't that be ironic...

[IXM]
Members
1,060 posts

Several reasons. WG wants to force CVs on people, even in PvE. Yes, they're relatively harmless, but they're still annoying due to the most unbalanced aspect of CVs: spotting. Also, WG would rather punish PvE players because they really want people suffering in PvP. Need evidence? Look no further than the coming nerfs to Operations income/experience.

[WOLF3]
Members
27,076 posts
23,845 battles
15 minutes ago, vectorViridian said:

Several reasons. WG wants to force CVs on people, even in PvE. Yes, they're relatively harmless, but they're still annoying due to the most unbalanced aspect of CVs: spotting. Also, WG would rather punish PvE players because they really want people suffering in PvP. Need evidence? Look no further than the coming nerfs to Operations income/experience.

LOL have you tried using your WASD keys?  Even in my DDs in Co-op, I don't mind the planes.  They can't hit me and I get a bunch of plane kills.  Even Shimakaze with her piece of sh*t Japanese AA can swat a bunch of Tier X planes down.  I can't even remember the last month a bot CV hit one of my DDs in Co-op, regardless of tier.  When the enemy bot planes come my DD's way, I only hope they keep feeding me more planes, and I also hope the CV player of my team doesn't put fighters near me, nor assisting AA from nearby ships.  I want them all to myself.

If there was a button in PVE I could press to instantly aggro all the bot aircraft my way the entire game, I'd keep it pressed all day, 'errday.

Edited by HazeGrayUnderway