Sign in to follow this  
WM1957

Video Card Recommendation

9 comments in this topic

Members
51 posts
2,204 battles

Which video cards do you recommend, and are not extremely expensive?

[_RNG_]
Supertester
3,040 posts
4,244 battles

I built my PC with a 1070ti. Still works fantastic, and is right below the crazy overpriced 1080tis in terms of performance.

I'm not nearly as familiar with the newer stuff. And this is all from about a year ago when I built my pc. 

All I know is the 1070ti is fairly cheap and has yet to dissapoint.

[WORX]
Members
8,949 posts
17,079 battles
26 minutes ago, WM1957 said:

Depends, on what the performance of the other components are...

You can have a great performing CPU/GPU setup but your memory is only 8GB. You just shortened the productivity/longevity of your PC by half.

My recommendation,

This recommendation is for long term Solution replacement... Its not meant for a better then what I got and replace in 6 months...

Depending on the pandemic and other economical factors, expect to spend between $1,000 to $1,500+ ...

GL.

Sites used to referenced.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Multi-core_processor

Nvidia section.

Edited by Navalpride33

[O_O]
Members
6,111 posts
14,040 battles
45 minutes ago, WM1957 said:

Hello, fellow Missourian!

Unfortunately, your question cannot be answered as asked, as the video card itself is only part of the performance equation.  I could recommend a wicked video card that simply would not work with the rest of your system.

Can you tell us what processor you have, as well as what power supply, mother board, storage, and memory you are running?

I recently built my PC from scratch last Black Friday (never built a PC before, and it's MUCH easier than I expected!).  I spent about $1,200 for the PC alone (I already had monitor, keyboard and mouse).  Here's what I got:

• CPU:  AMD Ryzen 7 3700X, 8 core, 16 thread
  • GPU:  MSi Radeon RX 5700 ($359.99 since you asked, and a GPU is a significant investment if you want good performance)
  • MOB:  MSi B450 Max Tomahawk
  • RAM:  G Skill RipJaws V (2x 8GB)
  • Storage:  Adata SU800 1TB SSD
  • PSU:  Corsair RM650 80+ gold
  • case:  Fractal Meshify C-Dark TG
Edited by desmo_2

Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
992 posts

one man's expensive is another one's affordable, give us a budget and then we can make suggestions

Members
51 posts
2,204 battles
23 hours ago, desmo_2 said:

Hello, fellow Missourian!

Unfortunately, your question cannot be answered as asked, as the video card itself is only part of the performance equation.  I could recommend a wicked video card that simply would not work with the rest of your system.

Can you tell us what processor you have, as well as what power supply, mother board, storage, and memory you are running?

I recently built my PC from scratch last Black Friday (never built a PC before, and it's MUCH easier than I expected!).  I spent about $1,200 for the PC alone (I already had monitor, keyboard and mouse).  Here's what I got:

• CPU:  AMD Ryzen 7 3700X, 8 core, 16 thread
  • GPU:  MSi Radeon RX 5700 ($359.99 since you asked, and a GPU is a significant investment if you want good performance)
  • MOB:  MSi B450 Max Tomahawk
  • RAM:  G Skill RipJaws V (2x 8GB)
  • Storage:  Adata SU800 1TB SSD
  • PSU:  Corsair RM650 80+ gold
  • case:  Fractal Meshify C-Dark TG

Are you running a Mars rover on the side! 

LOL!

[TFK]
[TFK]
Alpha Tester
1,450 posts
18,226 battles

Something to be aware of, how old is your power supply? If you are looking for a new video card, it may not handle the newer cards transitional voltages. For a good card, the Nvidia GTX 1066 Super (6GB) is a good bang for your buck graphics card. It all depends on what your requirements are, 6GB/8GB, NSYNC/FreeSync, etc.

[HINON]
Alpha Tester
23,048 posts
17,078 battles

One thing nobody has asked, what do you want to achieve / do with it? Just throwing out cards is good and all but really not helpful. Asking about your other components and budget starts heading in the right direction, what you want to do with it is the first question that needs answering. For example, if all you want is run this game at max settings at 1080p you're going to need a lot less of a beast of a graphics card than if you want to run current AAA titles at 75+ FPS at 4k.

• Cool 1

[DRFTR]
Beta Testers
2,122 posts

i run a gtx 970 at 1080p pretty much maxed gfx quality

an equivalent that should be pretty cheap would be a 1060 (i would seriously consider looking at the 1070 if you can afford it)

the 2xxx series such as 2060/2070 should be even better.

the more you can spend the longer the card will last before you need another upgrade, always something to consider...

Sign in to follow this