You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
LunchCutter

New Mexico's accuracy, is it a joke?

17 comments in this topic

[PT]
Members
783 posts
2,775 battles

I've had this old boat for years and 100's of games but lately I cannot hit a dam thing with it. I used to have a 65% WR and a great score each game now I just laugh and its ridiculous dispersion. My last game towards the end I had lost 80% of my health when a enemy Pensacola started chasing me at 8-9k, despite firing off multiple salvos at this cruiser that was taking no evasive action I could not hit the dam thing. Shells were flying off all over the place but nothing was going close to the target. After 5m of this he finally killed me with the relentless HE spam. I hit him 5 times for 2k damage with AP.... Another game when a distracted enemy Scharnhorst popped out from behind a island at 8k, I thought 'lovely fat target' Fire a broadside of AP at him only to watch almost every shell fly over his head or splash in front of him, 2k damage. RNG/Luck plays a massive roll in BB games but when you line up a good shot after tactically positioning yourself only to cry as the shells fly off in a completely random direct almost every [edited]time you start to rage. My win rate has crashed back to the average realms with it as well..:(

Maybe even a better aiming system could be implemented like WoT Artillery? Having to hold the site on the target in a smooth position to improve the dispersion? The RNG toss of the dice is really starting to get to me...

• Boring 1

[WORX]
Members
10,635 posts
18,539 battles
3 minutes ago, LunchCutter said:

've had this old boat for years and 100's of games but lately I cannot hit a dam thing with

Its either your aim

OR

You choice of targets

OR both...

Keep in mind, with every new patch... You have to adjust your aim a little...

GL

[WOLF3]
Members
27,053 posts
23,842 battles

NM's accuracy has always been bad.  The only reason it seemed great to me was back in 2015 when I had to leave NM to go play Pre-Buff Colorado, which was leagues worse.

Edited by HazeGrayUnderway

[WOLF5]
Supertester
4,114 posts
4,084 battles

Yes, it is a joke. Gunnery with the NM has always been a case of throw enough crapat a wall and some of it will stick. It works pretty well because it has 12 guns. It's a good ship, I liked it, but it's more a shotgun than a sniper rifle.

[TDRB]
Members
5,137 posts
13,741 battles

I've been getting extreme variations with all my BB's. Sometimes I am a dead shot, others I can't hit the broad side of a barn from inside the barn. The clan mate I division with several times a week has been having the same problem. 

Is it RNG? Is there a glitch in the targeting mechanic? Other times it appears to be working correctly.

Edited by kgh52
  • Cool 1

[O_O]
Members
6,439 posts
15,335 battles

New Mexico has always been known to have shotgun accuracy.  Some salvos...haha, lol.  Other salvos...oh, dayum (and buh bye)!! :cap_wander:

Edited by desmo_2

[1984]
Members
4,125 posts
19,914 battles
22 minutes ago, LunchCutter said:

I've had this old boat for years and 100's of games but lately I cannot hit a dam thing with it. I used to have a 65% WR and a great score each game now I just laugh and its ridiculous dispersion. My last game towards the end I had lost 80% of my health when a enemy Pensacola started chasing me at 8-9k, despite firing off multiple salvos at this cruiser that was taking no evasive action I could not hit the dam thing. Shells were flying off all over the place but nothing was going close to the target. After 5m of this he finally killed me with the relentless HE spam. I hit him 5 times for 2k damage with AP.... Another game when a distracted enemy Scharnhorst popped out from behind a island at 8k, I thought 'lovely fat target' Fire a broadside of AP at him only to watch almost every shell fly over his head or splash in front of him, 2k damage. RNG/Luck plays a massive roll in BB games but when you line up a good shot after tactically positioning yourself only to cry as the shells fly off in a completely random direct almost every [edited]time you start to rage. My win rate has crashed back to the average realms with it as well..:(

Maybe even a better aiming system could be implemented like WoT Artillery? Having to hold the site on the target in a smooth position to improve the dispersion? The RNG toss of the dice is really starting to get to me...

It used to be good when everyone was at the same lever tier wise. These days there is no point playing the standard us bbs or even warspite since mm always puts you in tier 8 matches and by the time you get to a range where you can hit something (15km or less) everything is already dead.

[HINON]
Members
13,259 posts
11 minutes ago, monpetitloup said:

since mm always puts you in tier 8 matches

That doesn't happen anymore.

Members
2,842 posts
8,916 battles
25 minutes ago, Daniel_Allan_Clark said:

He was throttle juking you..

[GOB]
Members
2,054 posts

Not sure if it's just the NM. I was playing today with my shiny new VASTERAS and I was 4km or LESS ( it was hitting me with it's seconds )  from a broadside CV and fired 4 volleys at it's waterline and they ALL fell WAY short of hitting it.  I mean landed 100s of yards short.

[NWNG]
Members
3,072 posts
4,925 battles

The accuracy of NM's guns has always been described as a shotgun, so most certainly not a ship you want to be attempting to snipe with. USN battleships have always been more mid-range BBs in this game anyway, and NM is great at mid-range.

It must be said, that even with shotgun accuracy, some people are still able to snipe ships out of existence... my cousin happens to be one of those people capable of long-range sniping with this shotgun-ship.

[PT]
Members
783 posts
2,775 battles
27 minutes ago, Ghostdog1355 said:

Some of those cruiser captains are real good. He juked on you.

Following a dead straight line at me while spamming HE... Didn't come across as a master tactician. All my shots were on target they just splashed all around him or did zero damage on the rare occasions they hit. I don't even bother shooting at DD's either, unless I'm at threat as the  sub 10% hit rate is comical.  Even at close range when they swoop in for the kill the NM's dispersion shotgun is a joke. Makes me happy when the ship sinks sometimes, like I'm thinking 'those blind, drunk gunners deserved it'. 

[TARK]
Members
6,559 posts
2,514 battles
1 hour ago, LunchCutter said:

Following a dead straight line at me while spamming HE... Didn't come across as a master tactician. All my shots were on target they just splashed all around him or did zero damage on the rare occasions they hit. I don't even bother shooting at DD's either, unless I'm at threat as the  sub 10% hit rate is comical.  Even at close range when they swoop in for the kill the NM's dispersion shotgun is a joke. Makes me happy when the ship sinks sometimes, like I'm thinking 'those blind, drunk gunners deserved it'. 

Yup, thats what its supposed to look like...

• Boring 1

[USA-N]
Members
785 posts
9,228 battles

My personal suspicion is that WG increase the shot dispersion modifier for potatoes, to keep them in the game longer.

You know how some Camo's increase the dispersion (decrease the accuracy) of incoming fire?

Yeah, so that means every salvo in the game is computed with a variable that is specific to the individual target, not to the ship class and type firing or being fired at. Think about this for a miunute.

Every salvo in the game is accurate according to a variable that is set specific to that target. This variable is, duh, variable. It can be changed by camo, we know that. But what else can it be changed by?

I have had quite a few games where I was simply unable to hit targets with BBs, like the OP, that made no sense at all. It was as though the ship had magical protection. It was as if that ship had some variable to nerf my dispersion, set to max.

I do not trust WG, as a culture, or a company. I think they troll customers, I think they are very dishonest, as a culture. I do not think integrity is a core value of their firm. For certain, they do things that are not disclosed to the player base. For certain, they pander to special interest groups, and experiment with game play mechanics.

So, if your BB suddenly cannot hit a target, maybe it is because that guy just bought a whole bunch of crates, or doubloons, or maybe he is a stone cold potato who always sails broadside to BBs, and who has come back after a few weeks break.

All we know for sure is that dispersion is a variable that is set specific to each target. It is not class dependent, it is not type dependant.

[STW-N]
Members
4,087 posts
9,559 battles

If you wish for a better New Mexico, may I recommend Arizona?

I guarantee the dispersion will be better.