Sign in to follow this  
Sumseaman

To all NA WoWs community...stay safe in this dire time.

22 comments in this topic

[WOLF6]
Members
1,849 posts
5,553 battles

As COVID-19 spreads across the globe it seems the U.S will take a serious blow to the health of its population and its economy. Here in Australia serious lockdown protocols has seen millions placed out of employment in recent days. Personally as I work in the airline industry I stood down voluntarily earlier as fortunately my family has a few breweries which have been now been put to good use making ethanol for hand sanitiser.

I know many of us in our younger years are not particularly vulnerable to the disease though I hope those of you that are at possible risk exercise extra caution.

WoWs is a welcome distraction more than ever now so I hope everyone will be as pleasant as possible to everyone in the community.

Again stay safe and to all those employed in medical fields we all are going to owe you big time for your efforts!

Edit : I'll also be on the lookout for random acts of consideration in game and on the forums and offer dubloon packs/ premium ships and to those who are suffering from isolation and unemployment. 

Edited by Sumseaman
  • Cool 6
  • Funny 1

[WPORT]
Members
5,522 posts
10,532 battles

Thanks.  Best wishes for you and your loved ones, too.

Good luck, have fun.  :-)

[WORX]
Members
10,726 posts
18,582 battles

Stay home... Its the best prison experience you'll ever have...Plus you will not get sick...

GL everyone stay safe.

[SALVO]
Members
4,487 posts
3,829 battles

Yup, we'll might not get COVID but get to be unemployed, depressed and paranoid. Fair trade.

• Confused 1

[TF_HQ]
[TF_HQ]
Members
86 posts
4,012 battles

On a lighter note, do you know why everyone is snapping up toilet paper as fast as they can?

Every time someone sneezes 10 people crap their pants.

• Cool 1
  • Funny 5

[ARGSY]
Members
10,326 posts
16,093 battles
18 minutes ago, Admiral_Ballsey said:

On a lighter note, do you know why everyone is snapping up toilet paper as fast as they can?

Every time someone sneezes 10 people crap their pants.

Because it makes them feel better and more secure.   Lol

[O_O]
Members
6,451 posts
15,361 battles

Unfortunately, as a state police officer, I have to continue working and continue exposing myself to unknown populations.

Plus side...I get to keep working.

• Cool 2

[WK]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
1,089 posts
15,019 battles

No "stay at home" for me, Public Transit needs to keep rolling for as long as possible.  If a city really didn't need it, we'd have been one of the first, if not the first to be shut down, considering.

@desmo_2  I'll be meeting plenty of officers starting tomorrow, since I will be violating curfew for the city I live in.  I'm off to work well before it lifts.  Kind of wish our transit company would provide papers that we can show to officers.  I'll be in uniform, but the extra bit the papers would provide would speed up the process I reckon.

Members
2,842 posts
8,932 battles

I'm considered a "vital asset" as well as my company where we work. We make cleaners, disinfectants and the plastics to bottle them. We are doing 12 hours shifts night and day right now. To all of you captains and your families take care of each other. We are in this together. Ghostdog and wife as well as the ghostlets wish you all the best.

[O_O]
Members
6,451 posts
15,361 battles
21 minutes ago, Volron said:

I will be violating curfew for the city I live in.  I'm off to work well before it lifts.  Kind of wish our transit company would provide papers that we can show to officers.

I'm only one uniform, and a long way from you, but...

...I will not be issuing any criminal citations for anyone out and about.  As a civilization we have a responsibility to contain the spread of this virus.  But, we also have a human need to provide for ourselves.  I'll give a stern lecture to anyone I think is out and about needlessly, but I'm not pinching anyone with a financial or criminal hit simply for being out during this mess.

• Cool 3

[PSP]
[PSP]
Members
12,670 posts
15 minutes ago, Ghostdog1355 said:

To all of you captains and your families take care of each other. We are in this together. Ghostdog and wife as well as the ghostlets wish you all the best.

Glad to hear that you are hanging in there and still working too!

Things are still pretty much normal around here. One advantage of living smack dab in the middle of the Dust Bowl. No cases reported within 200 miles of us.

image.png.d8e7c9f467b35020b1a1d14ec2a70e4c.png

The city three hundred miles away, the largest one in this state, just issued a "stay at home" order because of two, yes -- two reported cases. They are at home and doing well.

The seriousness of the outbreak shouldn't be ignored but to put things into perspective:

Worldwide yearly deaths

• pneumonia: 3 million
  • malaria: 435,000
  • seasonal flu: 389,000
  • coronavirus 18,810 thus far

[BB35]
Beta Testers
3,112 posts
25,969 battles
1 hour ago, Sumseaman said:

As COVID-19 spreads across the globe it seems the U.S will take a serious blow to the health of its population and its economy. Here in Australia serious lockdown protocols has seen millions placed out of employment in recent days. Personally as I work in the airline industry I stood down voluntarily earlier as fortunately my family has a few breweries which have been now been put to good use making ethanol for hand sanitiser.

I know many of us in our younger years are not particularly vulnerable to the disease though I hope those of you that are at possible risk exercise extra caution.

WoWs is a welcome distraction more than ever now so I hope everyone will be as pleasant as possible to everyone in the community.

Again stay safe and to all those employed in medical fields we all are going to owe you big time for your efforts!

Edit : I'll also be on the lookout for random acts of consideration in game and on the forums and offer dubloon packs/ premium ships and to those who are suffering from isolation and unemployment. 

All this sounds and feels like those horror movies we all watched .  T.Y. and all try to stay well.

[PSP]
[PSP]
Members
12,670 posts
6 minutes ago, desmo_2 said:

I'm only one uniform, and a long way from you, but...

...I will not be issuing any criminal citations for anyone out and about.  As a civilization we have a responsibility to contain the spread of this virus.  But, we also have a human need to provide for ourselves.  I'll give a stern lecture to anyone I think is out and about needlessly, but I'm not pinching anyone with a financial or criminal hit simply for being out during this mess.

My compliments to you. I was an army medic and paramedic for twenty years. Education is key, not hard-line enforcement unless absolutely necessary to ensure the public safety. Also, many people are confused just what exceptions to their local orders entail and if they apply to them. 

[SSG]
Alpha Tester
5,036 posts
11,620 battles
1 hour ago, Sumseaman said:

Everyone is vulnerable, age, race, gender, healthy - it does not care. The only difference is that 'healthy' people have a BETTER chance at recovering. Tons of people between 18 and 65 have it here in the Philadelphia and tri-state area and many of them have no health problems, unlike me who's locked himself away in his room because I have Asthma and the autoparts warehouse I used to work at my dad still works at, and still has to go out because they supply most of the parts for cars in the Northeast including those to fix police cars and other government vehicles. So touch as few surfaces as I can he may touch much as mom is trying to wipe things down. 

If your in an area where there's an outbreak, and especially where shelter in place or the like is in effect, to put it simply think do you REALLY have to leave the house like for food, medicine, dog using the bathroom, place is on fire, etc. If so - yes, if not -

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTL_bQ0LnKd8R_XzS_VJK0

as @Snargfargle says at this point the death toll we know of, it's low all things considered. Do your part to keep it that way. While the overall number is low things like Italy is a nightmare scenario where it has a around a 10% fatality rate at the moment with hundreds dying daily because they lack supplies so people get it, or lack of ventilator's where you have scenario's like an older priest dying after giving up his ventilator to try and save a 20 year old patient, and it getting spread to those who are most vulnerable when people ignore warnings. All the measures in place so far are to prevent that spike that overwhelms the means hospital's have to fight this all at once which would increase the fatalities even more.

Measures may seem harsh, my dad has papers to say he is considered essential personal to be on the road so were joking of the line about 'No Papers' from Hunt for Red October. Likely not seeing my sister Monday for my birthday or doing anything special now, sucks but still cracking jokes about it because better to have a sense of humor than be overly stressed and freaking the hell out buying more supplies than we need. But it's better than what you see in Italy where military trucks are loaded up with bodies daily and one of their governors said "We hear people want to have graduation parties, we will send police....with flamethrowers.".

[O_O]
[O_O]
Members
4,784 posts
21,566 battles

I, personally, am glad to see all these isolation/containment measures being enacted. This virus is more like a flu but with the airway being a target in certain cases. We all get an understanding of what the hardship caused by this virus entails so that we are better prepared for a worse virus should one strike. Take a look at the movie "Outbreak" or the older "Andromeda Strain" to see what we could face at any time in the future.

We are better prepared after this event.

@desmo_2, @Ghostdog1355, and all you other public servants who have to work, thank you for being there taking care of business.

• Cool 1

[WK]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
1,089 posts
15,019 battles

Hand Sanitizer.  This stuff, the smell is so strong that it occasionally causes me to cough or sneeze when I use it (and I use it alot), and I can "taste" it.  Don't know what's worse, the cough/sneezing bit, or the fact that I'm actually getting used to the "taste". :Smile_unsure:

Members
2,842 posts
8,932 battles

T

• Image result for dog images

To all Captains, their crews, shore support, logistics and intelligence. Take care.

• Cool 2

[BB-57]
Members
343 posts
13,736 battles
On 3/28/2020 at 7:00 PM, Ghostdog1355 said:

• Image result for dog images

Whole lotta' love and devotion in that pic. Good dogs.

Members
2,842 posts
8,932 battles

Hope you guys are all hanging in there. Ghostdog, wife and all ghostlets are good. Getting intense here just south of Houston. Prayers and thoughts to all Captains, families and crews.

[PSP]
[PSP]
Members
12,670 posts

I'd have few worries here were it not for my Dad, who is nearing 90. He is going stir crazy sitting at home but realizes that he has to. I'm going to get the groceries and mail nowadays and taking as many precautions as I can in the process. The first instance of the virus hit the next county over, brought in by an idiot who traveled to an area he knew good and well he shouldn't have. They have him isolated but who knows who he was in contact with while he was contagious. I just read in the news that most of a group of University of Texas students who flouted stay at home orders and headed down to Mexico to party now have the virus. It's bad enough when your stupidity kills yourself but it's criminal when it kills others.

[WORX]
Members
10,726 posts
18,582 battles

The world/US, is on track to reach 1 million virus cases... That is a milestone that scares...

Sign in to follow this