Jump to content
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Sovereigndawg

What CV?

27 comments in this topic

Recommended Posts

1,708
[WDS]
[WDS]
Members
3,566 posts
11,169 battles

This video is getting a lot of mileage 3rd post today .

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,299
[VCRUZ]
Members
4,049 posts
9,180 battles
7 minutes ago, clammboy said:

This video is getting a lot of mileage 3rd post today .

Doesnt matter, its always fun to see CVs tasting their own medicine.

 

I hope they post this video more times.

Edited by Xlap
  • Cool 4
  • Boring 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,362
[TWFT]
Members
1,346 posts
37,419 battles

Anything that pisses on a CV player is awesome.  Just hope you guys are on my team when this happens.

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters
54 posts
403 battles

This is great, as a CV only player this is hilarious I always toast bad CV's first if I can see that they are bad players its so great, hats off to this guy doing it in a GZ as well. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7,881
[PSP]
[PSP]
Members
12,644 posts
18 minutes ago, Sovereigndawg said:

 

This is nothing new; it's been happening with coordinated divisions since I've been playing the game. It's not just CVs that they can sink at the spawn point with aerial spotting and spotter-plane long-range fire. They can do the same for BBs and cruisers too. Fortunately, these types of divisions are few and far between. This just another instance of how coordinated players can unbalance games when placed against a random team.

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,708
[WDS]
[WDS]
Members
3,566 posts
11,169 battles

Unfortunately lots of coordinated clan divisions around the last few nights when there good your team team is starting behind the 8 ball. 

Tons of people off from work and school lots of 3 man clan divisions out there . I saw a lot of 2 and 3 man clan divisions all in the Massachusetts if there good that is a formidable trio .

Edited by clammboy

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
662
[CAST]
[CAST]
Members
2,607 posts
10,459 battles

This shows how CV spotting can wreck the game.  You can't hide anywhere on the map.  They picked on the CV first, just because they wanted to.  It could and does happen to other players on a regular basis with CVs in the game.  It doesn't have to be at long range for the other players.  It just has to be within range of some ships.

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2,103
[SOV]
Members
4,621 posts
25 minutes ago, Turbotush said:

Anything that pisses on a CV player is awesome.  Just hope you guys are on my team when this happens.

Now I am pissing on DD with Itialian ships you better fired up the hate train

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7,881
[PSP]
[PSP]
Members
12,644 posts
46 minutes ago, Murcc said:

You can't hide anywhere on the map.

I'm pretty sure this is what WG's intention was with CVs. Too many games without CVs become camp fests with everyone grabbing a rock to hide behind and then nothing happening for the rest of the match.

  • Cool 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
662
[CAST]
[CAST]
Members
2,607 posts
10,459 battles
4 hours ago, Snargfargle said:

I'm pretty sure this is what WG's intention was with CVs. Too many games without CVs become camp fests with everyone grabbing a rock to hide behind and then nothing happening for the rest of the match.

Yes, but all they have done is push the camp farther back on the map to stay out of range, or cause the hiding ships to tuck farther in behind the islands so they don't get hit by the long range shots.  Ships that actually want to push in the game can't anymore, so its worst than before.

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9,724
[INTEL]
Members
13,061 posts
36,036 battles
4 hours ago, Snargfargle said:

I'm pretty sure this is what WG's intention was with CVs. Too many games without CVs become camp fests with everyone grabbing a rock to hide behind and then nothing happening for the rest of the match.

lolololol. What do you think happens WITH CVs? Same garbage.

Stop playing those ships. You're just ruining the game for others, while bringing nothing fun or useful to it.

  • Cool 3
  • Boring 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,912
[NH]
Members
1,768 posts
5 hours ago, Murcc said:

This shows how CV spotting can wreck the game.  You can't hide anywhere on the map.  They picked on the CV first, just because they wanted to.  It could and does happen to other players on a regular basis with CVs in the game.  It doesn't have to be at long range for the other players.  It just has to be within range of some ships.

Meanwhile strikes from 30km away across the map that get there in seconds are fine? CV is unable to strike back because the other team are still in their spawn AA deathball. Sound like a familer whine? unable to strike back

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
662
[CAST]
[CAST]
Members
2,607 posts
10,459 battles
10 minutes ago, Ban_CV_Complainers said:

Meanwhile strikes from 30km away across the map that get there in seconds are fine? CV is unable to strike back because the other team are still in their spawn AA deathball. Sound like a familer whine? unable to strike back

And why were the long range ships able to strike so easily?  Because of CVs.  That's the whole point.  No one had time to leave their spawn because the CV got there to spot so quickly.    That is a rinse and repeat system with a CV.  In a game without CVs, ships that can easily be blapped aren't being detected before they can leave the cap area, so they can get to a comfortable spot and move around to make it hard to get seen and/or shot.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2,052
[BONKS]
Members
1,496 posts
50 battles
5 hours ago, Snargfargle said:

I'm pretty sure this is what WG's intention was with CVs. Too many games without CVs become camp fests with everyone grabbing a rock to hide behind and then nothing happening for the rest of the match.

You do realize CVs actually enable this kind of behavior even more?

Because you know, getting hit only by the CV is much preferable compared to getting hit by the CV AND everyone else.

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
986
[A-I-M]
Members
3,013 posts
22,074 battles
12 hours ago, Xlap said:

Doesnt matter, its always fun to see CVs tasting their own medicine.

Fabulous

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
562 posts

Let's see how long this meta lasts before the CV loving griefers at WG put a stop to it.

 

New update to the 9.3 release -- Concealment buff for CVs.  Aerial spotting distance lowered to 0.2km 

Edited by Farm_Fresh_Eggs

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,362
[TWFT]
Members
1,346 posts
37,419 battles
15 hours ago, jags_domain said:

Now I am pissing on DD with Itialian ships you better fired up the hate train

At least you can see the Italian ship when it is shooting you, unlike the over the horizon, cloaked in distance, hidden by flight time CV.  Hell in a Shima you even have a slight chance of hitting the CA with a torp because his shell fire is line of site.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
699
[--V--]
Members
1,418 posts
13,605 battles

Best video I've ever seen on the forums.  Love to see CVs get their @#% handed to them.  Further proof CVs spotting mechanics and speed broke this game with the rework.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3,528
[TARK]
Members
6,606 posts
2,522 battles
19 hours ago, Murcc said:

This shows how CV spotting can wreck the game.  You can't hide anywhere on the map.  They picked on the CV first, just because they wanted to.  It could and does happen to other players on a regular basis with CVs in the game.  It doesn't have to be at long range for the other players.  It just has to be within range of some ships.

They picked on the CV because most potato CV captains dont move it from the spawn point.

Its a sitting duck target.

Its a lot harder to hit a moving ship at that distance...which is even pointed out in the video.

19 hours ago, Snargfargle said:

I'm pretty sure this is what WG's intention was with CVs. Too many games without CVs become camp fests with everyone grabbing a rock to hide behind and then nothing happening for the rest of the match.

Yes.

14 hours ago, Murcc said:

Yes, but all they have done is push the camp farther back on the map to stay out of range, or cause the hiding ships to tuck farther in behind the islands so they don't get hit by the long range shots.  Ships that actually want to push in the game can't anymore, so its worst than before.

LOL

Hiding behind islands makes it EASIER for the CV to get strikes in.

Most players do not understand how to play the game. Period.

3 minutes ago, SeaborneSumo said:

Best video I've ever seen on the forums.  Love to see CVs get their @#% handed to them.  Further proof CVs spotting mechanics and speed broke this game with the rework.

This was possible and done prior to the rework as well. It was easier to do in the RTS era.

This is more down to the presence of CVs and smart division play.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3,999
[IRNBN]
Members
3,381 posts
9,803 battles
7 hours ago, Farm_Fresh_Eggs said:

Let's see how long this meta lasts before the CV loving griefers at WG put a stop to it.

 

New update to the 9.3 release -- Concealment buff for CVs.  Aerial spotting distance lowered to 0.2km 

      You either didn't read the disclaimers at the end of the vid, or don't get Eurobeat's sense of humor.

     He's a CV Ubermeister and he's trolling CV chasers. Same way he trolls DD's with his trademark Euro torpedobeats. He also hates what WG has done to the German BB line, as evidenced here: :Smile_teethhappy:

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
662
[CAST]
[CAST]
Members
2,607 posts
10,459 battles
19 minutes ago, Daniel_Allan_Clark said:

They picked on the CV because most potato CV captains dont move it from the spawn point.

Its a sitting duck target.

 

 

Hiding behind islands makes it EASIER for the CV to get strikes in.

Most players do not understand how to play the game. Period.

This was possible and done prior to the rework as well. It was easier to do in the RTS era.

A lot of players don't move from spawn right away.  It isn't just CVs.  They are the ones that are most complacent though, because they think they are invincible.

Hiding behind islands doesn't make it easier for the CV if there are 4 or 5 ships there, which is what is happening.  No one wants to be the ship that is spotted and can be shot.  I've seen more globs of ships in the past year than ever before.  It's like the keystone cops out there on the water.  Ships running in circles hitting each other.  If it wasn't so sad, it would be funny to watch.

The RTS era was much worst for players with respect to CVs than it is now.  The only saving grace back then was the lack of CVs because of the straffing and deplaning of the less effective CV player in the game, which caused a lot of players to give up on playing them.  Everyone wants to go back to that model, but it was way worst for actual ship play when CVs were in any given game.  

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,029
[IXM]
Members
1,060 posts

This is one of the best videos ever made. I hope everyone tries this at least once, or just every game. Honestly it's the only way to fight the cancer. I suppose it's only fitting you need a CV to troll a CV, because CVs have a disproportionate affect on the battle.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7,118
Members
6,858 posts
15,350 battles
19 hours ago, Snargfargle said:

I'm pretty sure this is what WG's intention was with CVs. Too many games without CVs become camp fests with everyone grabbing a rock to hide behind and then nothing happening for the rest of the match.

Hiding behind a rock is a vid strat against cvs, can't be spotted behind a rock until the planes are on top of you. Plus when you do get spotted, you are behind a rock where not as many enemies can see you. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3,528
[TARK]
Members
6,606 posts
2,522 battles
6 minutes ago, Murcc said:

Hiding behind islands doesn't make it easier for the CV if there are 4 or 5 ships there, which is what is happening.

Oh, but it does...because he can use the islands to block AA fire and be only exposed to it for two or three seconds before he recalls.

Plus, the airplane terrain avoidance makes flak dodging automatic.

7 minutes ago, Murcc said:

The RTS era was much worst for players with respect to CVs than it is now.  The only saving grace back then was the lack of CVs because of the straffing and deplaning of the less effective CV player in the game, which caused a lot of players to give up on playing them.  Everyone wants to go back to that model, but it was way worst for actual ship play when CVs were in any given game

Yep.

We arent going back.

If we are forced to have CVs...we need to give CVs better fighters so actual air defense is possible...

...and we need to get rid of rocket planes and instead give HE and AP bomb options in their place.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×