You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Legio_X_

Omg i couldn't stand the Queen Elizabeth

32 comments in this topic

Members
2,439 posts
5,379 battles

Crap armor, crap speed, crap turning circle, CRAP GUN ROTATION. (Yes i know she has good guns)

I went half way through it and said F it. and free Xp'ed 30k to the King George.

I just can't stand slow BB's with turret rotations that take 4min

Edited by Legio_X_
  • Cool 2
  • Funny 2
  • Boring 1

[NDA]
Supertester
3,574 posts
7,677 battles

I may actually go back to her, never spent much time in her before I hit KGV so I don't remember her much, I like the warspite so maybe I'll give her another go.

[TBW]
Members
10,292 posts
17,487 battles

I did not like her either but then I went and looked at her stats and by god, She only took 5 battles to get to the XP to move on. I must have used free xp for her modules. She did better than I thought she did, so I don't really know why I didn't like her. She is never going to be a ship that I want to play but she has gathered a few snowflakes for me.

image.thumb.png.57b6f2ae8b79e668e809c519e16c4fde.png

[IXM]
Members
1,060 posts

QE isn't the best BB, but it's a far cry from crap like the Colorado. Just fire HE and watch everything burn up and die.

Edited by Vector03
  • Cool 1
  • Boring 1

Members
2,439 posts
5,379 battles
5 minutes ago, vectorViridian said:

QE isn't the best BB, but it's a far cry from crap like the New Mexico. Just fire HE and watch everything burn up and die.

QE is the one ship in the line you fire AP, since she has 381mm Warspite guns. The T7 has 356mm I believe.

[RTXN]
Banned
1,416 posts

Skipped the QE - have Warspite from 3 years ago, much the same.  Have to turn the ship to get guns on target.

Entire British BB line is lacking - never know why I reset it (Ohio). 

Back to pulling my hair out with Monarch.

[IXM]
Members
1,060 posts
1 minute ago, Legio_X_ said:

QE is the one ship in the line you fire AP, since she has 381mm Warspite guns. The T7 has 356mm I believe.

Maybe it's just because I'm playing Co-Op, but HE works fine as well. Regularly getting pretty solid games with that.

• Boring 1

Members
1,724 posts
11,227 battles

I really enjoyed the QE.  Got the Warspite later that i equally enjoyed.  Both are all around solid ships with good guns. 

QE fire chance isn't good.  Add in the overmatch abilities of 15in guns at tier 6 and you should mainly use AP. 

Monarch was probably my least favorite ship in the line.   I didn't care much for the lion either though it was an upgrade.  KGV is a great ship at tier 7.  The sinop and it are probably the top 2 bbs at that tier.

• Cool 1

[WOLFC]
Members
2,883 posts
16,374 battles

I remember, almost a year ago, how much I hated the QE ... or the "ElizaPig" as I referred to her.  Especially after the Iron Duke (not a fan either).  But some convinced me to embrace her good qualities and I finally made her work.  Still FXP'ed in the end to the KGV but I did learn to like her just a tiny bit more.

[RTXN]
Banned
1,416 posts
13 minutes ago, Frederick_The_Great said:

Monarch was probably my least favorite ship in the line.   I didn't care much for the lion either though it was an upgrade.  KGV is a great ship at tier 7.  The sinop and it are probably the top 2 bbs at that tier.

Monarch is a pain. 

Would fxp through her if I was not going through Vladivostok, North Carolina (again) and prepping for Tallin.

Sold KGV when got DoY from event.  TVII is probably weakest BBs.  Scharnhorst is only one I bought and still enjoy.

Members
1,295 posts
7,142 battles

Yes it's an absolutely terrible ship. Just soft as hell and not nearly accurate enough to justify having only eight barrels. The Iron Duke at T5 is actually the stronger BB. 

Members
1,059 posts
4,376 battles

Queen Elizabeth is actually a pretty good ship. In fact, the only thing she really needs is a bit ( read: 10 flippin tanker trucks ) of WD-40 on her turrets and she's good to go.

Come on WG, you know you wanna ))))

:SerB:

• Cool 1
  • Boring 1

[CAST]
[CAST]
Members
2,609 posts
10,459 battles

I did not do well in the QE.  WG just trolled me when playing the game in the QE.

[NUWES]
Members
3,139 posts
10,775 battles

I didn't like her either, which was a shame for such a historic ship. The turret traverse is horrid. 

• Cool 2

[TARK]
Members
640 posts
1 hour ago, Legio_X_ said:

Crap armor, crap speed, crap turning circle, CRAP GUN ROTATION. (Yes i know she has good guns)

I went half way through it and said F it. and free Xp'ed 30k to the King George.

I didn't like the QE or the Monarch either. 

The Lion is ok, but the dispersion feels really REALLY bad.

The Conky though.... hahahhahahahaha.  Dreadnoughts and Arsonists and Witherer... most games will give you 1 of those.

Members
706 posts
3,468 battles
1 hour ago, Legio_X_ said:

Well, at least you tried her before skipping up. There is no rule that says you have to like every ship. I like it. I like being rewarded for good aim. I however for instance can't stand Iowa. I just doesn't suit me for whatever reason. Some ships just don't click for us, some do. 

• Cool 1

[ARGSY]
Members
10,326 posts
16,093 battles

its been a while.  I did alright in it.      only 23 match grind though.

[CHBAY]
Beta Testers
560 posts
3,672 battles

I never played her, but I've fought players that did a fantastic job in her. It's actually one ship I don't like fighting solo.

Edit: All those Dreadnought ships require pre-sighting the guns well ahead of time, that's how you get around the slow rotation.

[DRAH]
Members
370 posts
9,146 battles

She is a good ship if you preplan your moves, she is a very poor ship to play re-actively so that may be why she is disliked. She also used to be really strong in AA but since the rebork AA is a meaningless perk.

[PPFV]
[PPFV]
Members
341 posts

I dunno, I find her turret traverse fine if you put Expert Marksman and Main Battery Modification 2 on her. I mean, still slow, but workable. If you have Jack Dunkirk on her, you can get it down to just over 46 seconds for  a 180 degree turn.

[RLGN]
Members
14,330 posts
25,270 battles
22 hours ago, Shrayes_Bhagavatula said:

Queen Elizabeth is actually a pretty good ship. In fact, the only thing she really needs is a bit ( read: 10 flippin tanker trucks ) of WD-40 on her turrets and she's good to go.

Or having had Warspite since 2016. You lived or died by learning map awareness and how to pre-position and maneuver to get/keep your turrets on target.

In the meantime you brewed tea and waited.

When the turret rotation speed upgrade happened, that was like Christmas in July. Warspite drivers rejoiced. Just ask @LittleWhiteMouse.

Warspite and QE can be bullies, but as I said; been playing since 2016.

Bullies... As in bullying two Minekaze out of a cap on Faultline because being charged by a battleship, that kept dodging their torps, put them off their game.

...as in bullying a Fuso and New Mexico too scared to gang up on me properly.

For that matter, New Mexico is the same way; but she bullies with a shotgun instead of a rifle.

Edited by Estimated_Prophet
  • Cool 1

[PVE]
Members
11,863 posts
24,570 battles
4 hours ago, Legio_X_ said:

Yup that ship is just hot garbage. One of the worst in the game (for me YMMV). Played a few games and then said screw this where is my FXP. I have purchased it back to have for flake events and such and also to give it another go (I do this with ships I did poorly in or hated the 1st time) but it is still so horrible I just let it sit there waiting for flake events. I hate it so much. Terrible ship.

[WG-CC]
WoWS Community Contributors
12,045 posts
10,103 battles
4 hours ago, Legio_X_ said:

Mouse's take:

• CRAP GUN ROTATION:  Yep, it's pretty crap-tacular.  Expert Marksman is a must.  It brings back sweet, old-timey Warspite memories.
  • Crap Armour:  Queen Elizabeth has a dispersed armour scheme which, in World of Warships, is a good thing.  This leaves more areas to autobounce incoming shells, including an extended waterline belt that almost reaches the tip of her bow and forms an internal "beak" not entirely dissimilar to the one found on Giulio Cesare.  This also includes an extended 152mm upper belt (not covering the citadel) which adds to this.  In short, the armour is more than sufficient and it is what you make of it.  Overall, I give her protection scheme good marks.  It also doesn't hurt that she has an improved Repair Party.
  • Crap Speed:  Her 23.5 knot top speed is on the low side.  It used to be average when there were just Japanese, American, German and British battleships, but since the French and Soviet battleships were introduced (along with a few other premiums), Queen Elizabeth has been left behind.  The average is 25kts.
  • Crap Turning Circle:  Queen Elizabeth's turning radius is average for a tier VI battleship .  The average is 690m.

Speed and Turning Circle translate into a rate of turn. 

xoJGfnH.jpg

• 3.6º/s - West Virginia
  • 3.8º/s - Arizona
  • 3.9º/s - Fuso
  • 4.0º/s - Izmail
  • 4.0º/s - Queen Elizabeth
  • 4.0º/s - Prinz Eitel Friedrich
  • 4.1º/s - Mutsu
  • 4.1º/s - New Mexico
  • 4.6º/s - Bayern
  • 4.7º/s - Dunkerque
  • 4.7º/s - Warspite
  • 5.3º/s - Normandie

Again, Queen Elizabeth is pretty average, with a middle-of-the-road value as should be expected between the combination of her speed and turning radius.

Overall, what I disliked most about Queen Elizabeth was her handling.  Warspite got around her horrible gun traverse by having fantastic handling and (what people always forget about her) excellent secondaries.  She has as much forward secondary firepower as Bismarck.  It's worth mentioning that Queen Elizabeth's 381mm AP shells became even more powerful with the prevalence of 25mm armour now found on cruisers.

• Cool 3

Members
5,365 posts
3 hours ago, Toss_a_plus_1_to_your_CV said:

Well, at least you tried her before skipping up. There is no rule that says you have to like every ship. I like it. I like being rewarded for good aim. I however for instance can't stand Iowa. I just doesn't suit me for whatever reason. Some ships just don't click for us, some do. 

I always loved Wyoming, for example.  The old tub was slow, but don't get in the way of the shotgun...

• Cool 1

[SYN]
Members
15,862 posts
12,803 battles

It's a Warspite clone, but with none of the lovable qualities of Warspite.