You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
IsatoYuy

How to stop CVs

30 comments in this topic

[CLUMP]
Members
813 posts
1,160 battles

I play CV and I found it funny however I didn't think people hate CVs so much though :Smile_ohmy: So much saltyness I don't think people where this butthurt or salty about DDs :Smile_hiding:

• Cool 1
  • Funny 1
  • Boring 1

[KIA-A]
Members
911 posts
5,323 battles
1 minute ago, LastRemnant said:

I play CV and I found it funny however I didn't think people hate CVs so much though :Smile_ohmy: So much saltyness I don't think people where this butthurt or salty about DDs :Smile_hiding:

DDs have many counters and that's why they have the lowest averages in the game. CVs, on the other hand, have little counter.

• Cool 7
  • Boring 3

[WOLF4]
Members
147 posts

This is so easy to counter. And CV players if you see them trying this on you focus the bastard down.

• Cool 1

[WOLF4]
Members
147 posts
1 minute ago, Leopard_IX said:

DDs have many counters and that's why they have the lowest averages in the game. CVs, on the other hand, have little counter.

They have a low average because most of you don't know how to play the META. Has absolutely nothing to do with CVs.

• Cool 3
  • Boring 2

[KIA-A]
Members
911 posts
5,323 battles
1 minute ago, Masingi said:

They have a low average because most of you don't know how to play the META. Has absolutely nothing to do with CVs.

I'm talking about counters for CVs and DDs and why many people don't like CVs.

[BGA]
Members
58 posts
5,811 battles

A smart team can counter a CV, even the best CV player out there can't do anything if the enemy team doesn't make a mistake 

• Funny 1
  • Confused 2
  • Boring 1

[WOLFG]
Members
9,560 posts
8,505 battles

So to counter a CV, we need a CV?

Doesn't seem to eliminate CVs.

Members
6,621 posts
20,609 battles
1 hour ago, Sinboto said:

Laughs in HMS Implacable. 

Even though I have the Implacable... why is this? Is it built like a tank?

[BGA]
Members
58 posts
5,811 battles
1 minute ago, Waxing_Gibbous said:

Because of it's armored flight deck, the shells would just bounce off of it , same with Indomitable 

[NDA]
Supertester
3,574 posts
7,677 battles
2 minutes ago, Waxing_Gibbous said:

The deck of the implacable is armoured, so the long range plunging fire that is required to kill off the CV like that is not going to punch through. 

Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters
54 posts
403 battles
13 minutes ago, Ishizuchi said:

A smart team can counter a CV, even the best CV player out there can't do anything if the enemy team doesn't make a mistake 

uhhh I mean have you seen the players of this game, a smart team isn't an option 99.99% of the time. 

• Cool 3

[BGA]
Members
58 posts
5,811 battles

Then it really isn't the CV being overpowered, but the players not responding well to it  

• Cool 1
  • Boring 2

[VCRUZ]
Members
4,049 posts
9,180 battles
2 minutes ago, Ishizuchi said:

Then it really isn't the CV being overpowered, but the players not responding well to it  

If they only way to counter a ship is with teamwork, than yes, that ship is OP. No other ship requires a that much of work to kill. WOrking wiht other players might make it easier, but not needed. 

Also, to make this work you need to help of a CV... otherwise something like this would never be possible. So you need a Cv and a group of ships to counter a CV... balans...

• Cool 1
  • Boring 1

Members
1,045 posts
4,367 battles

Yuro has made a fairly good point about any carrier with an armored flight deck. That being said, higher velocity guns like the ones found on Stalingrad, FdG, Curry, Republique and Bourgogne will have very little trouble finding the citadel of most CVs even at ranges up to of 23 kilometers. Anything longer, and we'll have to call in Yammy or Montana, and even there, at ranges longer than 28 kilometers, since the armored flight deck of most Tier 10 carriers and the Illustrious-class creates a large immunity zone between 23km and 27.9 km.

Or we could just call in Yashima )))

:SerB:

[CYNIC]
Members
2,638 posts
6,181 battles

Easy, take a CV and sink the enemy CV.   Midway is the costliest to kill with its AA if the CV is competent, Audacious and Hak are the easy kills.  It will cost about 2 rocket planes and 4-5 TBs, but CVs can take out CVs.  I've done it many times in ranked.  If you have a range mod BB (or spotter plane) help like yam, thunder, or monty  (possibly others) you can get it done faster and it costs 2 rockets and 2, maybe 3 TBs.  Trivial considering the benefit it adds to the match.

With CVs joining the next CBs, you'll begin to see more of it.  I've sunk a lex and a midway in the same battle, granted it was midway and lex vs the same.

This is from last night, 54k damage to audacious cost me 2 rocket planes and 2 TBs -- the thunderer got the last shot
unknown.png

Edited by NoSoMo

[PIG]
[PIG]
Members
1,207 posts
5,629 battles
7 hours ago, IsatoYuy said:

CV kill techniques

Many thanks to Yuro

Pig?
Luckily Franz sets the autopilot of his CVs before pushing that PLAY button.
A CV always moves.
Oink Goltz!

[NH]
Members
1,760 posts

Doesnt work the same with RN CVs due to the armored deck. Will take much longer and the CV will move by then.

Edited by Ban_CV_Complainers

[BONKS]
Members
1,478 posts
48 battles
7 hours ago, Ishizuchi said:

The fairly recent 12vs12 CB proves that this isn't even remotely true. Even against coordinated top clans CVs were easily able to clean clock.

• Cool 2

[INTEL]
Members
13,047 posts
35,989 battles
6 hours ago, NoSoMo said:

Easy, take a CV and sink the enemy CV.   Midway is the costliest to kill with its AA if the CV is competent, Audacious and Hak are the easy kills.  It will cost about 2 rocket planes and 4-5 TBs, but CVs can take out CVs.  I've done it many times in ranked.  If you have a range mod BB (or spotter plane) help like yam, thunder, or monty  (possibly others) you can get it done faster and it costs 2 rockets and 2, maybe 3 TBs.  Trivial considering the benefit it adds to the match.

With CVs joining the next CBs, you'll begin to see more of it.  I've sunk a lex and a midway in the same battle, granted it was midway and lex vs the same.

This is from last night, 54k damage to audacious cost me 2 rocket planes and 2 TBs -- the thunderer got the last shot

So what you're saying in... ships with best AA in game AND fighter cover cannot keep themselves safe from CVs....

Hmmm.... interesting.

• Funny 1

[CYNIC]
Members
2,638 posts
6,181 battles
6 hours ago, Taichunger said:

So what you're saying in... ships with best AA in game AND fighter cover cannot keep themselves safe from CVs....

Hmmm.... interesting.

Most CVs don't use their sector reinforcement (140%)  and they're sure as hell not dodging.  There are weaknesses in CVs outside of the fact they can be 1 shotted....  Perhaps you should play them to find them out.  Midway's torp run has just over 30k HP potential.  Haks is less than 20k -- thus a successful torp run on a CV from midway deals more than 50% more damage.  Run with flood flags it averages 1.5 floods per drop.  If the DCP has already been triggered, a single torp run can net up to around 28k against a hak.

At the same time come end of battle in ranked midway was a no-fly-zone for the hak trying to get to my DM teammate sitting 3k from me.  Everything that took off from the hak got blown out of the sky before it could even make a drop.  Needless to say it was an easy "AA expert" award.

[INTEL]
Members
13,047 posts
35,989 battles
1 hour ago, NoSoMo said:

Most CVs don't use their sector reinforcement (140%)  and they're sure as hell not dodging.  There are weaknesses in CVs outside of the fact they can be 1 shotted....  Perhaps you should play them to find them out. 

Nah, don't feel like ruining the match for other players, making them switch to other modes, preventing them from playing ships they like, driving them to stop spending, or driving them from the game altogether. I have lost too many div mates to this idiotic CV-laden meta, and I don't want to inflict that loss on others. 

• Cool 1
  • Boring 1