You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
SKurj

30% off coupon...

29 comments in this topic

[DRFTR]
Beta Testers
2,138 posts

Ok I have been lurking around on and off since beta...

I currently do not have a lot of ships with my highest tier being the T8 cleveland.  My highest BB is T7 Colorado.  Overall I don't do well in either DD's or cruisers and prefer to play BB's.  I have not yet tried the new CV's but I can't wait to do so they look fun...

Anyways, I have a 30% coupon that I don't recall where it came from anyways, it ends today..  trying to decide between a T8/T9 premium credit earner/captain trainer BB (or perhaps one of the T8 cv's..)  figured i'd get my money's worth from the 30% and buy something on the more upper end..

Looked at:

• Massachusetts
  • Georgia
  • Alabama
  • Jean Bart
  • Lenin
  • Vanguard
  • kaga/Graf Zep/Saipan..

From reading reviews and watching youtubes, it looks like the short list is Georgia/Mass/Alabama...

I have been primarily playing randoms but i will be playing more coop - just to get away from it all..

Anyone have a recommendation?

[WDS]
[WDS]
Members
3,566 posts
11,184 battles

I would go Massachusetts feet and hands down .

[TBW]
Members
10,290 posts
17,484 battles

Seems like you have US BBs so if you are using it for a captains trainer a US BB. Georgia and Mass have great secondaries and captains skills might not match up with the tech tree US BBs as well as the Alabama which isn't known as an OP ship that I know of though. Is Jean Bart going away soon?

Edited by Sovereigndawg

Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
234 posts
5,084 battles

After having 3 of the those ships the Jean bart is the best credit farmer and has the most tanky to it she can shrug off alot of damage and has a decent heal and good AA. Avoid Georgia she is a gimicky obb ball that takes alot of skill to master and is not very new player friendly

[ISGC]
Members
138 posts
17,561 battles

JB. its going away in a couple of weeks, and its a ship everybody should want/have.

[WDS]
[WDS]
Members
3,566 posts
11,184 battles

I will have to amend if the JB is going away then grab her first . She's also a good ship I have her too she would be my 2 choice but since she is leaving in 2 weeks grab her now for sure .

Edited by clammboy

[EQRN]
Members
2,033 posts
17,512 battles

The best Mass captain won’t be the best for any other US BB, except maybe the Georgia, fwiw.  It is a fun ship, though.

[ARGSY]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
6,919 posts
26,913 battles

Up to your skill. The JB is good if you understand to play to her strength. But she is very unforgiving. Still, excellent trainer for French BB. The biggest reason: she will be removed with the next patch.

I cannot speak for the Georgia, I prefer the Ohio. Many say she has potential yadayadayada, most of the time I find Georgia players terrible overextended, since they hit the speedboost and get tunnel vision. 

Alabama and Mass have only small  differences. The biggest is the range of the Mass secondaries. Still, to get the best out of her, you may use another build then for a standart USN BB captain. I'm in fav for the Mass.

Vanguard is a upgraded Warspite and uptiers not very good. May one of the weakest T8 BB premiums.

I don't own the Lenin, but from what I read, she is a good trainer for VMF captains. VMF BB are the line I play least, not much of fun in my opinion.

For a average player, the Kaga is prob the best of the 3 CV that are avaible now. 

Go to the top of the first page and click on the LWM post. She have very good revies of all the ships.

[WOLFC]
Members
2,879 posts
16,337 battles

I have the Mass, JB and Vanguard.  As said, Mass is a very good and fun USN BB, but not so much for a Captain trainer.  It's probably my most played BB.  JB is very strong and prints credits even in CoOp ... I recommend grabbing it now or regret it down the road.  It's also nice on the rare occasion Ranked is Tier 9.  Vanguard  .... Vanguard is fast and handles quite well ... but the guns are lower caliber, don't have the best firing angles and has weak sides if you show broadsides for a full salvo.  Least played of the three.  Good luck with you choice and welcome back.

Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters
54 posts
403 battles

Just want to high jack this thread kinda, I also got a 30% off coupon but then also got a 200% return of their ingame currency for the value of what ever I buy. I was leaning towards a year of membership for all 3 games but I can't find out how much that is in dabloons and how much I'd get back for 200% return as I want to buy some of the Premium ships listed here and save for that Tier 10 Carrier if it is also selling for ingame currency. 

[DOTM]
Beta Testers
1,708 posts
2 hours ago, clammboy said:

I would go Massachusetts feet and hands down .

The Jean Bart is the better purchase right now, though, since A. She's being removed from sale soon and B. The tier 9 premiums earn more credits than the tier 8s.

[WDS]
[WDS]
Members
3,566 posts
11,184 battles
2 minutes ago, Zaydin said:

The Jean Bart is the better purchase right now, though, since A. She's being removed from sale soon and B. The tier 9 premiums earn more credits than the tier 8s.

Yes thanks I posted that ........ I forgot the JB was leaving so soon .

[GGWP]
Beta Testers
1,661 posts
8,800 battles
2 hours ago, SKurj said:

Ok I have been lurking around on and off since beta...

I currently do not have a lot of ships with my highest tier being the T8 cleveland.  My highest BB is T7 Colorado.  Overall I don't do well in either DD's or cruisers and prefer to play BB's.  I have not yet tried the new CV's but I can't wait to do so they look fun...

Anyways, I have a 30% coupon that I don't recall where it came from anyways, it ends today..  trying to decide between a T8/T9 premium credit earner/captain trainer BB (or perhaps one of the T8 cv's..)  figured i'd get my money's worth from the 30% and buy something on the more upper end..

Looked at:

• Massachusetts
  • Georgia
  • Alabama
  • Jean Bart
  • Lenin
  • Vanguard
  • kaga/Graf Zep/Saipan..

From reading reviews and watching youtubes, it looks like the short list is Georgia/Mass/Alabama...

I have been primarily playing randoms but i will be playing more coop - just to get away from it all..

Anyone have a recommendation?

Jean Bart. It's being removed next patch. It's awesome. 

Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters
54 posts
403 battles
30 minutes ago, Zaydin said:

Do you think this ship would be better than buying a years worth of premium? Its only 20$ cheaper to buy the ship so I'd still get similar Doubloons back from that 200% return coupon.

[WOLFG]
Members
9,625 posts
8,610 battles
59 minutes ago, Finchy said:

Just want to high jack this thread kinda, I also got a 30% off coupon but then also got a 200% return of their ingame currency for the value of what ever I buy. I was leaning towards a year of membership for all 3 games but I can't find out how much that is in dabloons and how much I'd get back for 200% return as I want to buy some of the Premium ships listed here and save for that Tier 10 Carrier if it is also selling for ingame currency. 

I think without the Christmas discount, a year of premium will set you back 24k doubloons.

[ARGSY]
Members
20,168 posts
14,340 battles
1 hour ago, SKurj said:

went with JB, thanks all

I think you made the right decision.

With your published number of battles you should be wary of taking her out in Randoms, but co-op is safe enough and you can have some fun with her there until you get the hang of things. 

Best of luck.

[SIDE]
Members
4,700 posts

For others, JB, if you care, is going away so maybe get it while you can. For everyone who either has JB already or doesn't give a fart, get Georgia. It's a glorious mashup of quirks and lots of fun.

[A-I-M]
Members
3,046 posts
13,308 battles
15 minutes ago, thebigblue said:

For others, JB, if you care, is going away so maybe get it while you can. For everyone who either has JB already or doesn't give a fart, get Georgia. It's a glorious mashup of quirks and lots of fun.

I have Georgia and I like it a lot. My only point against recommending a 30% discount Coupon being used for it is: coal. The Georgia is available for coal, and is not slated to leave the armory soon.

Of course, the same can be said for Jean Bart, but with its upcoming removal soon, and the OP’s low battle count (meaning likely low coal inventory), his decision to use the coupon to spring for JB is justifiable.

[SIDE]
Members
4,700 posts
1 hour ago, MannyD_of_The_Sea said:

I have Georgia and I like it a lot. My only point against recommending a 30% discount Coupon being used for it is: coal. The Georgia is available for coal, and is not slated to leave the armory soon.

Of course, the same can be said for Jean Bart, but with its upcoming removal soon, and the OP’s low battle count (meaning likely low coal inventory), his decision to use the coupon to spring for JB is justifiable.

I agree completely. Just wanted to add the caveat.