You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Uber_Ghost

[UPD] Geforce Driver 445.75 and Image Sharpening Crash

16 comments in this topic

Members
595 posts
6,451 battles

It looks like the most recent Nvidia driver update will cause the game to not load and crash/hang if you have image sharpening enabled from the Control Panel.  This was not the case with 445.74 which was released only a few days ago.  It hangs immediately when Geforce attempts to apply the sharpening upon game loading.

Just a FYI as I didn't see anyone posting about it yet.  Simply turn off sharpening and everything will be fine.

• Cool 1

Community Department
3,314 posts
1,300 battles
On 3/24/2020 at 4:50 PM, Uber_Ghost said:

It looks like the most recent Nvidia driver update will cause the game to not load and crash/hang if you have image sharpening enabled from the Control Panel.  This was not the case with 445.74 which was released only a few days ago.  It hangs immediately when Geforce attempts to apply the sharpening upon game loading.

Just a FYI as I didn't see anyone posting about it yet.  Simply turn off sharpening and everything will be fine.

You are right about this issue, we have a dozen of tickets with similar issue. 
And we already recommend disabling Image Sharpening to prevent this kind of issue.  

If the issue disappears when you disable this option, we do not recommend using it. We also don't advise anything on the performance of the third-party software. For further information you'll need to contact the developer of the video drivers of your video card.

Thanks for bringing this here. Hope this can help some players fix the issue.

[UPD] Thanks for your tickets and your feedback.
We have already transferred the information about this issue to the NVIDIA team and will continue to monitor the situation.

• Cool 1

Members
595 posts
6,451 battles

No prob!

To reiterate to those reading this thread, this has nothing to do with the game and everything to do with the Geforce driver update 445.75.  The "fix" will come from a new driver update or reverting your driver back to 445.74.

[WORX]
Members
10,594 posts
18,494 battles
2 minutes ago, Kirov_Six said:

Glad I saw the message.  I'll just hold off on installing this one.

IMO, use the manual install and delete the previous GPU drivers...

Sooner or later you'll need to update them, as long as you DONT use the quick/express install option.. You're good.

• Boring 1

[WORX]
Members
10,594 posts
18,494 battles
49 minutes ago, Uber_Ghost said:

To reiterate to those reading this thread, this has nothing to do with the game and everything to do with the Geforce driver update 445.75.  The "fix" will come from a new driver update or reverting your driver back to 445.74. 

Sooner or later you'll need to update them, as long as you DONT use the quick/express install option.. You're good.

This is a common mistake done by everyone with you issue.

Members
595 posts
6,451 battles

I always custom/clean install my drivers.  What kind of monster hits "express"?

(the issue is with the driver, not the install method)

Edited by Uber_Ghost

Members
5,364 posts
16 hours ago, Navalpride33 said:

Yeah, easy enough to do.  I just didn't have to bother since I saw this first. 

• Confused 1

[TRETA]
Beta Testers
954 posts
15,252 battles

The fix solved the problem for me. The problem started just when I installed the 445.75 driver  :cap_win:

Now (after the fix), the Nvidia panel says 445.78

• Cool 1

[BS]
Members
1,978 posts
10,766 battles

i noticed game filter was automatically enabled on my machine, i never turned that on... Luckily I haven't had problems with WOWS, i have a newish computer and a gfx 970. I just thought to respond here and mention that it was on, could be why some people are getting big FPS drops for no reason.

Members
136 posts
5,295 battles
On 3/24/2020 at 6:50 AM, Uber_Ghost said:

The Nvidia image sharpening control is not available on my control panel. I have uninstalled Nvidia, reinstalled it, and redone the update. Still nothing but a black screen and "Error" notice. Not good.

[DRFTR]
Beta Testers
2,138 posts
13 hours ago, Fitzwalrus said:

The Nvidia image sharpening control is not available on my control panel. I have uninstalled Nvidia, reinstalled it, and redone the update. Still nothing but a black screen and "Error" notice. Not good.

You could completely uninstall your nVidia drivers, and then try an older driver, I am using 441 drivers with no issues.

Can you list your specific hardware etc?

what video card ?

[DRFTR]
Beta Testers
2,138 posts

Here is a screenshot of the image sharpening control (which i believe is being referred to)  taken from an older driver and the nVidia control panel.

SQkxuFW.png

[KAOS_]
Members
7 posts
9,370 battles

Had huge issue with game freezing up with Nvidia 445.75 driver. Thanks for the postings, rolled my driver back to a previous version and it solved my issue.