Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Toxie2725

The Midway is trash.

8 comments in this topic

[-TOG-]
Members
172 posts
2,031 battles

I got to the Audacious finally, and holy baby jeebus...the Midway is just trash. None of the Midway's planes are superior. 

British rockets do better damage, the torpedos are so much easier to use, and the Midway's old standby bombers are sooo much harder to use and inconsistent now that they're sub par too. 

The Midway is seriously much harder to use with lesser returns that it's criminal. A time saying Midway and OP in the same sentence should put down the pipe. 

• Confused 1
  • Boring 4

[-K-]
Members
8,330 posts
14,090 battles

To each their own, but in no way in the Midway "trash".

Midway has better alpha strike capability, while Audacious relies more on damage over time.  Both have their strengths and weaknesses, but neither are bad ships.

[DJL]
Members
208 posts
6,624 battles

I would go as far as to say I rather use the tier 8 ships over any of the 10s in cv gameplay. Goes double for the us line. Enterprise to me is the king of the cv's with kaga not far behind. Tier 10 is brutal no matter what cv your in so may as well take what you like the most. Best of luck to you.

[CLUMP]
Members
805 posts
1,157 battles
5 hours ago, Toxie2725 said:

I got to the Audacious finally, and holy baby jeebus...the Midway is just trash. None of the Midway's planes are superior. 

British rockets do better damage, the torpedos are so much easier to use, and the Midway's old standby bombers are sooo much harder to use and inconsistent now that they're sub par too. 

The Midway is seriously much harder to use with lesser returns that it's criminal. A time saying Midway and OP in the same sentence should put down the pipe. 

U.S carriers are between IJN and British carriers :Smile_hiding: British been easier to use than the U.S been in between IJN been the hardest to use :Smile_bajan2:

[-CK-]
Beta Testers
14 posts
5,113 battles

if midway is a trash dont play kaga with is tier 4 plane rockets ... and the never flooding low damage 1 km arming torpedos bomber 

and i forgot about the12  plane flak wipe:fish_boom:

[-TOG-]
Members
172 posts
2,031 battles
On 3/24/2020 at 7:54 AM, Ace_04 said:

Midway has better alpha strike capability, while Audacious relies more on damage over time.  Both have their strengths and weaknesses, but neither are bad ships.

To be fair, the Midway has since the last major CV patch been the consistently poorest in damage output, by a fair margin. 

But that doesn't address that the Audacious is much easier to USE. While in THEORY what you say is true, in general it gets outperformed. And IMHO it's because it's just harder to use, not uncompetitive damage wise.  

[-K-]
Members
8,330 posts
14,090 battles
22 hours ago, Toxie2725 said:

To be fair, the Midway has since the last major CV patch been the consistently poorest in damage output, by a fair margin. 

But that doesn't address that the Audacious is much easier to USE. While in THEORY what you say is true, in general it gets outperformed. And IMHO it's because it's just harder to use, not uncompetitive damage wise.  

This is a fair statement.  Combined with the fact that more "average" players probably have Midway than Audacious at this point as well.

[POP]
Members
1,080 posts
9,344 battles
On 3/24/2020 at 4:54 AM, Ace_04 said:

Pretty much this..  Midway requires more skill to get successful drops with however if you can use her, her alpha allows you to finish off ships when needed versus just setting fires and hoping dcp is on cd.

Sign in to follow this