You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
muricaFKyea

Just delete all operations if the nerf is going ahead.

53 comments in this topic

[WOLF9]
Members
10 posts
6,621 battles

Looks like base exp has been cut by 60% judging from a couple of screenshots by teams of 4 doing Narai in PTS.

That means if you got 1500 base exp for a 5-star win right now, you'd only get around 600(!) base exp after the nerf. That's literally co-op level for triple the time investment (avg 15 min OPs) and that's assuming you even get 5-stars. O wait, does that mean CO-OP is too rewarding now? Are you going to nerf that too? If you get 4 stars or less, you can expect something like 250-400 base exp... That's what I currently get when I COMPLETELY FAIL an operation!!!

Stop insulting your PVE players and just delete ALL of the operations already, WG. You cutting my arm off slowly with a dull butter knife doesn't make me like you any more than you just hacking it off quickly with an axe. 

• Cool 12
  • Funny 2
  • Boring 2

[ARGSY]
Members
20,204 posts
14,359 battles

Don't throw the baby out with the bathwater.

• Cool 3
  • Boring 1

[PVE]
Members
6,210 posts
22,432 battles
18 minutes ago, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

Some of us live in the desert... don't even throw out the bath water...you can water plants or something w/it :-)

• Cool 2
  • Confused 1

[RKLES]
Members
12,551 posts
14,267 battles
38 minutes ago, IfYouSeeKhaos said:

Some of us live in the desert... don't even throw out the bath water...you can water plants or something w/it :-)

Even in non desert areas people can water plants instead of throwing out water so long as the water dies not contain harsh chemicals that will harm the plants.

Members
1,605 posts
25,141 battles

Wait! Why are you using harsh chemicals to bathe a baby?!?!

• Funny 3

[PVE]
Members
6,210 posts
22,432 battles
41 minutes ago, Admiral_Thrawn_1 said:

Even in non desert areas people can water plants instead of throwing out water so long as the water dies not contain harsh chemicals that will harm the plants.

7 minutes ago, theLaalaa said:

Wait! Why are you using harsh chemicals to bathe a baby?!?!

Thanx...I needed that...

Was stuck in a serious thread...that was a good note to end the night on :-)

Members
1,605 posts
25,141 battles
Just now, IfYouSeeKhaos said:

Thanx...I needed that...

Was stuck in a serious thread...that was a good note to end the night on :-)

;) nightnight.

[IXM]
Members
1,060 posts
2 hours ago, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

They might as well. WG is simply doing what they did with arty in WoT. Nerf it slowly, more and more, until it becomes irrelevant. This way they can please everyone. No one can say they outright removed PVE, but they also force more people into PVP, which is what they want.

• Cool 2

[RKLES]
Members
12,551 posts
14,267 battles
4 minutes ago, Vector03 said:

They might as well. WG is simply doing what they did with arty in WoT. Nerf it slowly, more and more, until it becomes irrelevant. This way they can please everyone. No one can say they outright removed PVE, but they also force more people into PVP, which is what they want.

Think that is the plan with CVs as they could not touch the premium CVs as long as they were RTS, but currently they can adjust them at will under the pretense of CV Rework being a work in progress.

But CVs could never have been expected to be the long term golden goose for Wargaming like other class of ship thanks to how comparatively few CVs were designed and built. So it made sense for WG to launch the Rework to secretly tone the CVs down while milking the last CV line with RN CVs, then get the subs into testing for the future additions while they added in various other ship lines and premiums in the mean time. And if you take a look at what WG is doing leading up to subs by adding more and more DDs into the game so that there will be a wide range of sub hunters ready to help control the sub population in battles.

[WOLFG]
Members
9,634 posts
8,629 battles
3 hours ago, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

If it gets to the point that a scenario game earns only slightly more that a coop game, why run a scenario?  And he did say if the change goes through.

[PVE]
Members
4,279 posts
18,688 battles
4 hours ago, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

Ah, they have already.....  This is no different than the furor over carrier development and recommendations at the release of 8.0: or, any other crisis they created when the PTS recommended one thing and their spreadsheet experts said" "doesn't match our value projections..." and did something 180 degrees different.

Again, they don't care at all.   They are using what happened in WoTs as a guide and they seem to be happy with the numbers there, even after so many left that game....  We are in that tub and the window is open right now and the water is too dirty and cold for the baby.........  :fish_boom:  History repeats itself.......

Edited by Asym_KS

[CMFRT]
[CMFRT]
Members
15,740 posts

For me, this no longer matters.

See, news about WGC becoming mandatory in May.

It's been fun, guys.

[A-D-F]
Members
1,163 posts
10,490 battles
7 hours ago, muricaFKyea said:

Looks like base exp has been cut by 60% judging from a couple of screenshots by teams of 4 doing Narai in PTS.

That means if you got 1500 base exp for a 5-star win right now, you'd only get around 600(!) base exp after the nerf. That's literally co-op level for triple the time investment (avg 15 min OPs) and that's assuming you even get 5-stars. O wait, does that mean CO-OP is too rewarding now? Are you going to nerf that too? If you get 4 stars or less, you can expect something like 250-400 base exp... That's what I currently get when I COMPLETELY FAIL an operation!!!

Stop insulting your PVE players and just delete ALL of the operations already, WG. You cutting my arm off slowly with a dull butter knife doesn't make me like you any more than you just hacking it off quickly with an axe. 

^A bold move, Cotton. Let's see how that works out.

They might as well. This "boil the frog slowly" is just cowardly [edited]. 

DO_IT_NOW.jpg

• Cool 1

[WOLF9]
Members
10 posts
6,621 battles
6 hours ago, Curly__san said:

^A bold move, Cotton. Let's see how that works out.

They might as well. This "boil the frog slowly" is just cowardly [edited]. 

DO_IT_NOW.jpg

Dang... I had that exact scene in my mind while writing this up!

The telepathy is real 

[A-D-F]
Members
1,163 posts
10,490 battles

Operations is(was?) better than Ran-Dumbs on average for making money over time, as you have a much more consistent win rate with a decent ops group. A 90% plus win rate in ops beats a 55% win rate in randoms which would be hard to maintain. Bonus that good operations groups are less stressful, and more than occasionally a laugh riot to run with to boot. 

I understand WG wanting to curb a Monty Haul syndrome in earnings, but given their penchant for using a sledgehammer where jewelers tools would suffice. . 

I reserve the right to be skeptical as to outcomes.

[VN]
Members
227 posts
5,482 battles
On 3/24/2020 at 12:32 AM, muricaFKyea said:

No co-op has been re-engineered to last 10 or more minutes now. Battles don't last 5 minutes very often in co-op these days.

[A-D-F]
Members
2,092 posts
7,603 battles

Hold on.  Are we the baby or are we the bath water?  Is the boiling frog in the bath water? Is that the baby? 

WG is the tub.... no, wait a minute.  We're the tub? :Smile_amazed:

I don't know about all that, but what I do know is that it sucks to be us right now.  :Smile_sceptic:

Alpha Tester
595 posts
15,625 battles

The powers that be have let us know more than once, OP's players are not a priority. So nerfing unimportant players is no surprise. I haven't been playing much anymore, just letting my premium time run out, and I'm done.

[GROVR]
Members
128 posts
9,386 battles
16 hours ago, Ericmopar said:

No co-op has been re-engineered to last 10 or more minutes now. Battles don't last 5 minutes very often in co-op these days.

you're kidding, right???? Usually, the game ends with 3 ships left on the bot team. talk about irritating!

• Cool 1

Members
383 posts
4,146 battles

The idea WG doesn't want people to play scenarios is true for a simple reason.

WG doesn't want to spend time building scenarios, when COOP is close enough for most people and doesn't require extra time commitment to building more scenarios.

I'd say the OPs focused players are the least of WG's worries at this point, since they are the smallest group and require dedicated development time to maintain. Why spend time and money building a new scenario which makes them 0$, when they could release another premium premium ship and make a bunch of $?

[TARK]
Members
6,662 posts
2,535 battles
17 minutes ago, sargentmki said:

Why spend time and money building a new scenario which makes them 0$

...because this is an easily solvable problem...

...charge for access to the operation.

Job done.

Sell operations like premium ships.

Voila. More content that makes money.

Members
1,438 posts
20,188 battles
22 hours ago, sargentmki said:

The idea WG doesn't want people to play scenarios is true for a simple reason.

WG doesn't want to spend time building scenarios, when COOP is close enough for most people and doesn't require extra time commitment to building more scenarios.

I'd say the OPs focused players are the least of WG's worries at this point, since they are the smallest group and require dedicated development time to maintain. Why spend time and money building a new scenario which makes them 0$, when they could release another premium premium ship and make a bunch of $?

There are also many premium ship acquisitions that people have made just for the purpose of playing in Scenarios that they wouldn't have made otherwise.

[WOLF9]
Privateers
13,811 posts
4,631 battles
22 hours ago, sargentmki said:

That ship has already sailed.  They've done jack-poop with Scenarios for over a year. 

Except now -- a nerf.

[A-D-F]
Members
1,163 posts
10,490 battles
22 hours ago, Daniel_Allan_Clark said:

...because this is an easily solvable problem...

...charge for access to the operation.

Job done.

Sell operations like premium ships.

Voila. More content that makes money.

Would require changing their thinking which is synonymous with admitting the Holy Spreadsheet(s) are not infallible, and devoting a modicum of effort into something folks have already told them, repeatedly, that they would enjoy enough to pay (a decent) fee for. So listening to reasoned discourse? Nyet. Admitting their practices are by nature & intent, deceptive? Nyet.

57 minutes ago, Lightninger said:

There are also many premium ship acquisitions that people have made just for the purpose of playing in Scenarios that they wouldn't have made otherwise.

B-bingo. Once they have the money, they don't care.

5 minutes ago, iDuckman said:

That ship has already sailed.  They've done jack-poop with Scenarios for over a year. 

Except now -- a nerf.

No, they have begun a not so subtle strategy of 'fixing' Operations, to death.