Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
ArIskandir

Please, can we limit 3 CV matches at T.IV?

19 comments in this topic

[SALVO]
Members
4,406 posts
3,801 battles

One is fine, two manageable, three is excesive. To add insult to the deed, only 7 players per side... at tier 4 ... 3 times tonight... I wanna grind my DDs... not in Coop... pretty please?

• Cool 1

[INTEL]
Members
13,054 posts
36,005 battles

They claim it is getting fixed and will never happen again. It only took a year of complaints. Read the developers' notes for the next patch in the News.

• Cool 1

[SALVO]
Members
4,406 posts
3,801 battles
4 minutes ago, Taichunger said:

They claim it is getting fixed and will never happen again. It only took a year of complaints. Read the developers' notes for the next patch in the News.

Ok, let's wait then... other tiers to work meanwhile.

Members
554 posts
57 minutes ago, ArIskandir said:

Ok, let's wait then... other tiers to work meanwhile.

Two is almost as bad.  You get to live an extra 63 seconds.

No CV in PvP is the proper solution.

• Cool 1
  • Boring 1

[FG]
Members
566 posts
4,799 battles

As much as I hate to say it, they kinda need to add Tier 5 CVs back, as the grind from Tier 4 to Tier 6 CVs is what is keeping people playing Tier 4 CVs for so long. 

[OWSS]
Beta Testers
794 posts
6,702 battles

Wargaming has to be one of the worst gaming companies when it comes to listening to players.  Until their spreadsheets tell them they're losing players (aka $) they won't change a thing.  I've invested so much $ and time into this game ...so I keep playing it.  However, I promise I'd stay as far away from any WG product in the future I can.

#SALTY

• Cool 1

[PVE]
Members
6,151 posts
22,432 battles
47 minutes ago, SovereignEagle said:

As much as I hate to say it, they kinda need to add Tier 5 CVs back, as the grind from Tier 4 to Tier 6 CVs is what is keeping people playing Tier 4 CVs for so long. 

It's not the T4 grinders that are the problem... they're just learning CVs & aren't that good anyway...it's the clubbers that make it hard on new players or fairly newer players going back to start grinding new lines.

Maybe they can implement an MM filter that makes players w/T8 or above (tree) CVs (of the same nation) on their account logging in w/T4 CV have to wait until another T4 CV w/T8 or above (in it's nation) is in queue to pair them with...even if it takes more than 5 minutes.

Don't believe in a "skill based MM" in any other scenario except that 1 & not even suggesting it take skill into account...just the experience of having a T8 CV already makes the need to drop back into a T4 unnecessary...but grinding a new CV line shouldn't be penalized...thus the clarifier (in parenthesis) of the same nation.

Also...just having a premium on the account doesn't mean they have the experience as they may have purchased it unawares of how difficult higher tier game play is...thus the clarifier of a T8 or above tree CV (in the same nation).

Dang...I sure could have worded that better but hopefully my idea got across w/out too many confused notifications occuring :-o

Edited by IfYouSeeKhaos

[FOXEH]
Beta Testers
14,093 posts
19,199 battles
48 minutes ago, SovereignEagle said:

Or they could just remove tier 4 CVs, a tier where ships have no AA anyways.

• Cool 3
  • Funny 1

[O7]
Members
5,361 posts
11,868 battles
3 minutes ago, Umikami said:

compacting the 4 carriers at 7,8,9 and 10 would have made more sense than what it is now. But making sense and wg don't mix.

• Cool 2

[USA-N]
Members
785 posts
9,228 battles

CVs have great value for me. They, and they alone, keep my money in my pocket, and away from WG. I really like the ship mechanics, without the disaster that is aircraft, and if not for CVs, I would spend way too much money on the product.

[TDRB]
Members
5,136 posts
13,741 battles
2 hours ago, Umikami said:

2 hours ago, Pulicat said:

compacting the 4 carriers at 7,8,9 and 10 would have made more sense than what it is now. But making sense and wg don't mix.

One option is to start CV's at T5 but do not allow MM to place CV's in a battle with T4 ships.

[ARGSY]
Members
20,067 posts
14,307 battles
3 hours ago, SovereignEagle said:

They don't need to add T5 back; what they need to do is shorten the T4-T6 grind to be the same as what T5-6 used to be. The XP cost to obtain a Tier 4 carrier is about the same as to obtain a T5 ship of any other kind; the cost to jump to T6 should be adjusted in proportion.

Your analysis of the cause of all this, however, does agree with mine.

[IRNBN]
Members
3,369 posts
9,767 battles
5 hours ago, SidTheBlade said:

CVs have great value for me. They, and they alone, keep my money in my pocket, and away from WG. I really like the ship mechanics, without the disaster that is aircraft, and if not for CVs, I would spend way too much money on the product.

That's kinda the way it works for me too. I've been putting the "free" back in "free to play" since the PR dumpster fire, but the Rebork was the knee in my spending curve. The impending onset of sub-surface mutant destroyers merely serves to keep the X axis permanently flat-lined at zero. I'm not unhappy with what I have spent, and I will be happy with what I won't.

• Cool 1

[WOLF4]
Members
147 posts
9 hours ago, ArIskandir said:

One is fine, two manageable, three is excesive. To add insult to the deed, only 7 players per side... at tier 4 ... 3 times tonight... I wanna grind my DDs... not in Coop... pretty please?

One CV per match and buff all CVs damage and speed.

• Cool 1

[FOXEH]
Beta Testers
14,093 posts
19,199 battles
5 hours ago, kgh52 said:

One option is to start CV's at T5 but do not allow MM to place CV's in a battle with T4 ships.

That would certainly be a viable option, but I'd rather see them start at tier 6, where everyone has AA, and go every tier, which would give players 5 tiers of carriers and eliminate the seal clubbing issue inherent with carriers at tier 4, where no one has AA.

[ARGSY]
Members
10,326 posts
16,093 battles

WG doesn't want you playing t4,   move along to higher tier  , preferrably fxp to 10 :cap_haloween:

[SALVO]
Members
4,406 posts
3,801 battles
39 minutes ago, Mego_Splat said:

If low tier aa was balanced this wouldnt be an issue..

3 CVs focusing you will always be an issue. Balanced AA accounts for you being able to fend off/hurt 1 attack squadron in the time it takes to make its attack runs. More than that is grievous for CVs.

3 squadrons focusing you can't be balanced, even less at that tier with poor dps/short range AA.

[SALVO]
Members
4,406 posts
3,801 battles
41 minutes ago, centarina said:

WG doesn't want you playing t4,   move along to higher tier  , preferrably fxp to 10 :cap_haloween:

Yeah, I got the hint... better idea, get rid of lower tiers and straight sell T10 ships... everybody happy, right? :cap_old:

Sign in to follow this