You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Hammer_n_Sickle

This is it! It's almost time

23 comments in this topic

[T_O_P]
Members
410 posts

It is way overdue. Oktober Revolution has been waiting in my port for the right moment, and looks like it is  may be coming soon.

Workers unite! Power (back) to the people :Smile_izmena::cap_rambo:

552990_20200323235038_1.png

Edited by RusskiySpy
  • Cool 1

[SALVO]
Members
4,322 posts
3,760 battles

Holy mother russia, that ship is hideous...

Edited by ArIskandir
  • Cool 1
  • Confused 1

[INTEL]
Members
13,033 posts
35,939 battles

That color scheme is hideous, but the ship itself is a hidden gem. Thank all gods for the Guilio C, otherwise there would be a lot of complaints about how OP that thing is.

[SALVO]
Members
4,322 posts
3,760 battles
Just now, Taichunger said:

That color scheme is hideous, but the ship itself is a hidden gem. Thank all gods for the Guilio C, otherwise there would be a lot of complaints about how OP that thing is.

Performance aside, design is ridiculous... looks like a lego boat my daughter asembled, a turret here, a chimmey there... look daddy, it has 2 guns on the bow... now is more powerful!!!

bleh, enjoy I'm sure it is fun to play :)

• Funny 2

[DUD]
Members
706 posts
2,470 battles
50 minutes ago, RusskiySpy said:

LSD is insane

• Funny 2

[WAIFU]
[WAIFU]
Members
3,611 posts
14,601 battles

I didn't care much for it when I first got it, but she's really grown on me. One of my favs now.

• Cool 1

[RKLES]
[RKLES]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
5,977 posts
20,643 battles
16 minutes ago, ArIskandir said:

Holy mother russia, that ship is awful...

Quite the opposite. she is OP and bathed in glorious paint....

Although I'm still learning how to play her, despite being on of my clans Kremlin CB drivers.....

• Cool 1

[TBW]
Members
10,277 posts
17,433 battles
31 minutes ago, Taichunger said:

Got that right.

[FOXEH]
Beta Testers
14,070 posts
19,197 battles
2 hours ago, ArIskandir said:

design is ridiculous...

Whatever incompetent bone-a-fone decided to put turrets in the middle of the ship, where they cannot fire forwards or backwards, should be drowned in stale borscht. Retarded.

[ARGSY]
Members
19,962 posts
14,258 battles
4 hours ago, Umikami said:

Whatever incompetent bone-a-fone decided to put turrets in the middle of the ship, where they cannot fire forwards or backwards, should be drowned in stale borscht. Retarded.

It's not good for WOWS, but in RL pretty much everyone fired on the broadside. The true decisive pursuit battle for which Dreadnought was given her wing turrets to maximize ahead fire never eventuated. The closest we ever got was Renown trying to chase down Scharnhorst and Gneisenau, and that was a 1 v 2 that would have gone very badly for the Renown if the German ships had been motivated to turn about and make a fight of it.

I've been tempted by the Okt Rev from time to time, but I don't see the point. I hated the Gangut, I hated the Izmail (for the gun layout; the guns themselves were awe-inspiring when they did the right thing); why should I blow 50K coal on the statistical mean of the two?

[FOXEH]
Beta Testers
14,070 posts
19,197 battles
3 hours ago, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

It's not good for WOWS, but in RL pretty much everyone fired on the broadside.

Yes, the developers screwed that up from the start; the entire citadel concept is unrealistic and unhelpful.

3 hours ago, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

I hated the Izmail for the gun layout;

Agree, this was one ship I couldn't get rid of fast enough.

[IRNBN]
Members
3,347 posts
9,651 battles
8 hours ago, Umikami said:

It was a common design before superfiring turrets became accepted, and even after. Compare Fuso to Ise, or Konig to Kaiser. The all-centerline was an incremental improvement over wing turrets like Nassau etc. to give full broadsides. The Russian BB's that actually got built were based on Vittorio Cuniberti's designs.

• Cool 1

[FOXEH]
Beta Testers
14,070 posts
19,197 battles
1 minute ago, So_lt_Goes said:

It was a common design before superfiring turrets became accepted, and even after. Compare Fuso to Ise, or Konig to Kaiser. The all-centerline was an incremental improvement over wing turrets like Nassau etc. to give full broadsides. The Russian BB's that actually got built were based on Vittorio Cuniberti's designs.

Back in the day every major car manufacturer had steering columns which had a solid steel bar for steering, which the steering wheel attached to. When you got in a wreck at speed, the bar would come through the steering wheel, and continue through your chest. Yes, everyone made them that way; doesn't mean there wasn't a better system. Turrets in the middle of ships are bad enough in real life, despite Captains wanting to cross enemies "T's"; in the game they're just ridiculous.

[A-O]
Members
996 posts
10,050 battles
11 hours ago, RusskiySpy said:

It is way overdue. Oktober Revolution has been waiting in my port for the right moment, and looks like it is  may be coming soon.

I never liked to look of the ship (Scharnhorst is far better looking) but OktRev is a fun ship to play in CO-OP and I have no regrets getting her (for coal).

• Cool 1

[GRAVE]
Members
1,256 posts
18,719 battles
11 hours ago, dEsTurbed1 said:

Quite the opposite. she is OP and bathed in glorious paint....

Although I'm still learning how to play her, despite being on of my clans Kremlin CB drivers.....

I think he meant awful as in OR making Izumo look like a prom queen, and not the fact that the only things keeping OR balanced at T5 is the fact that Peter the Great and Guilo Cesare exist.

[HINON]
[HINON]
Members
7,883 posts
11,568 battles
12 hours ago, RusskiySpy said:

ah yes, the, as i called it, "McStalin's" camo, also shows their Double Standard for having things that offend in the game, oh cant have the WW1 German flag, or the Rising Sun, but the Hammer and Sickle and CCCP? 2 things that signify the meaningless death of who knows how many innocents in a frozen wasteland working all day and getting amounts of food that wouldnt last them the week, all under the rule of the Russian/Soviet version of Hitler, is fine for it to be everywhere in the game though

Edited by tcbaker777

[IRNBN]
Members
3,347 posts
9,651 battles
3 hours ago, Umikami said:

Back in the day every major car manufacturer had steering columns which had a solid steel bar for steering, which the steering wheel attached to. When you got in a wreck at speed, the bar would come through the steering wheel, and continue through your chest. Yes, everyone made them that way; doesn't mean there wasn't a better system. Turrets in the middle of ships are bad enough in real life, despite Captains wanting to cross enemies "T's"; in the game they're just ridiculous.

So? Before that, the first automobiles had a tiller like a boat, and of course before that vehicles were steered by horse/oxen reins. You are making a distinction without a difference, evidently as an exercise in pedantry. All technology evolves ffs.

Ships with midship and wing turrets existed. WG has modeled some of them. Nobody is making you play them.

• Cool 1

Members
8 posts
194 battles
15 hours ago, RusskiySpy said:

That is probably the ugliest ship in the game. If I see that thing, it's going straight to Davy Jones's Locker.

[ARGSY]
Members
10,326 posts
16,093 battles

I haven't played t5 in a while, but it used to be AA monster before the CV rework.   I purposedly set it up as  AA and it was  really effective.    very stronk bote .

[PSP]
[PSP]
Members
12,592 posts
13 hours ago, Umikami said:

The ship was built back in the day when manly men only sailed broadside to an enemy!

[T_O_P]
Members
410 posts

Sooo... I took her out to some battles last night and... my god! i forgot how powerful she is. Maybe it is my higher experience by now that has helped or what, but my OR was making the enemy hurt  really badly. they had an extremely tough time to sink me, yet I kept deleting them no problem?? BBs in 2 or 3 full salvos, and some cruisers in 1! The only match where I finally got sank, I was the last one remaining and they had a CV, Peter the Great, Cezar, Bayern, and Konigsberg shooting at me for roughly 7! minutes... until I made a stupid mistake and got cit by (iirc) Cezar who was barely afloat by that time, but by hp was still in the green. there was about a minute left on the clock.

Yeah she can be considered "hideous" in some places, but that was the design of the times. i LOVE the cammo, particularly because of the star and CCCP  :Smile_honoring: 

[FOXEH]
Beta Testers
14,070 posts
19,197 battles
1 hour ago, So_lt_Goes said:

Nobody is making you play them.

And I don't; I am just saying the layout sux.

[FOXEH]
Beta Testers
14,070 posts
19,197 battles
19 minutes ago, Snargfargle said:

The ship was built back in the day when manly men only sailed broadside to an enemy!

And that would be fine if the developers hadn't instituted the citadel mechanic rather than the conventional and historic broadside way of naval combat. By doing combat the way they did they re-invented the wheel without rounding off the corners, and ships which were built to fight broadside are heavily penalized while make believe, paper pew-pew ships can prosper where they would be meat in actual combat. (Atlanta is a perfect example, but there are many more.) I realize this is not a historic game (until it makes WG money to BE a historic game) and that it will never be a simulator, but the way they set the game up is like having an air power game that only allows you to shoot down other planes by firing rifles out the side of the cockpit.

• Cool 1