You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
guns_at_last_light

Time out for players who rage quit in Ranked

20 comments in this topic

Members
745 posts

Here's a feature that may make Ranked more pleasant next season: a forced cool off period for rage quitters.

If a player does not land a shell within a given radius around an enemy ship for more than a set period of time, that player is put into cool off and cannot play Ranked for 20 minutes. There are nuances that need to be worked out - what about CVs? what if the team still wins? - but I think that it would make everyone, including the rage quitter, a bit better off if implemented. It can also be additive: if you rage quit multiple times, you get banned from Ranked for the season. 

I've already experienced players rage quitting twice today, including a DM that sailed away at the start of the match and sat behind an island at the back of the map. I get that losing multiple times in a row can make you mad, but this sort of behavior makes other players' experiences worse. With 7v7 this sort of behavior has a huge impact on the game outcomes, and is arguable worse than someone simply being AFK.

If you can't at least attempt to behave like an adult and are mad enough to rage quit, take a breather for a bit. 

• Boring 2

Members
1,356 posts
1,286 battles

What if you're a ship that's very low on HP and the best thing you can do for your team it's stay dark and not die?

• Cool 1

[--K--]
Members
1,343 posts
10,196 battles

Meh... nah...  no sense in penalizing someone who either was dealt a bad hand in MM or RNG, or, simply had a bad game.  If you’re posting on the last day of Ranked, and raging about other players, maybe you’re the one who should be put in time out.

Edited by BarneyStyle
  • Funny 1

Members
745 posts
6 minutes ago, BarneyStyle said:

Meh... nah...  no sense in penalizing someone who either was dealt a bad hand in MM or RNG, or, simply had a bad game.  If you’re posting on the last day of Ranked, and raging about other players, maybe you’re the one who should be put in time out.

That...doesn't have anything to do with the post, but OK. 

Members
745 posts
13 minutes ago, USS_Taylor_Swift said:

What if you're a ship that's very low on HP and the best thing you can do for your team it's stay dark and not die?

That would be something that would have to be worked out, which probably makes this idea a bit too complex.

[FOXEH]
Alpha Tester
6,859 posts
15,761 battles

I agree something needs to be done. don't know what though.....:cap_hmm:

Beta Testers
3,107 posts
25,921 battles

No Interest in playing rank ………………. 

• Cool 1

[PVE]
Members
6,149 posts
22,432 battles
3 hours ago, guns_at_last_light said:

I've already experienced players rage quitting twice today

2 hours ago, BarneyStyle said:

the last day of Ranked

2 hours ago, guns_at_last_light said:

That...doesn't have anything to do with the post, but OK. 

Today...the last day of ranked....

Those 2 are synonymous...seems like it might have something to do w/the post.

[FOXEH]
Beta Testers
14,091 posts
19,199 battles

Hilariously unrealistic idea with no real world value what-so-ever; WG should embrace it right away.

• Cool 1
  • Funny 1

[YORHA]
Members
4,997 posts
9,988 battles
8 hours ago, BladedPheonix said:

I agree something needs to be done. don't know what though.....:cap_hmm:

Don't play ranked?

Just sayin...

[-K-]
Members
8,330 posts
14,106 battles
6 hours ago, Umikami said:

Hilariously unrealistic idea with no real world value what-so-ever; WG should embrace it right away.

Yes.  People will love the idea of the game telling them when they can and cannot play.  

What is free will again?

[CAST]
[CAST]
Members
2,607 posts
10,459 battles

I can honestly say I haven't witnessed this in any ranked game ever.  Have I witnessed a version of this, then yes.  I have seen players yolo into the middle of the map at the beginning of the match knowing they will die, just because they didn't like the ship lineup, but that is a different issue.  I'm not sure the "rage quit" response would help with this issue.  Honestly, it doesn't happen often enough to be a problem, so nothing needs to be done about it.

[FOXEH]
Beta Testers
14,091 posts
19,199 battles
1 hour ago, Ace_04 said:

Yes.  People will love the idea of the game telling them when they can and cannot play.  What is free will again?

Free will? Deciding whether or not to laugh or cry when you see the deal WG offered you for Puerto Rico.

[DPG]
Members
1,923 posts
9,576 battles

I guess the other option is to fundamentally rework a game mode that incites rage.  Only a sadist would create such a mode.

[HKC]
Members
601 posts
12 hours ago, guns_at_last_light said:

Here's a feature that may make Ranked more pleasant next season: a forced cool off period for rage quitters.

If a player does not land a shell within a given radius around an enemy ship for more than a set period of time, that player is put into cool off and cannot play Ranked for 20 minutes. There are nuances that need to be worked out - what about CVs? what if the team still wins? - but I think that it would make everyone, including the rage quitter, a bit better off if implemented. It can also be additive: if you rage quit multiple times, you get banned from Ranked for the season. 

I've already experienced players rage quitting twice today, including a DM that sailed away at the start of the match and sat behind an island at the back of the map. I get that losing multiple times in a row can make you mad, but this sort of behavior makes other players' experiences worse. With 7v7 this sort of behavior has a huge impact on the game outcomes, and is arguable worse than someone simply being AFK.

If you can't at least attempt to behave like an adult and are mad enough to rage quit, take a breather for a bit. 

Simply: if you can't accept that this and many other reactions/behaviors are part of a public game, you might consider a different game.  It won't change.    My recommendation is avoid Ranked.  Ranked is a meaningless exercise.

[AAA]
Members
447 posts
15,010 battles

Silliness.

Ranked is chock full of selfish behavior.

Selfish behavior is inherent in ranked due to the save a star feature.

And the selfish behavior in ranked was even more prevalent this go round.

Brutal season. They all are but this one really bit.

[REVY]
Members
2,282 posts
12,250 battles
13 hours ago, USS_Taylor_Swift said:

Not to mention DDs that may never fire a shell to keep dark and only spot and area denial with torpedos.

[SYN]
Members
1,233 posts
10,320 battles
14 hours ago, guns_at_last_light said:

36 minutes ago, Lord_Slayer said:

Not to mention DDs that may never fire a shell to keep dark and only spot and area denial with torpedos.

NVM