You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
guns_at_last_light

Anyone else getting epicly high pings lately?

37 comments in this topic

Members
652 posts

Anyone else on the East Coast getting incredibly high pings the past few days, specifically in the evenings? This is the only game I've been experiencing this on at this particular time of day.

[PROJX]
Beta Testers
587 posts
4,196 battles

Not unexpected, more people trapped inside using the Wi-Fi and more people on Wows servers

[NAUT]
Members
21 posts
5,686 battles

I'm on the West Coast and I've been getting lag all day. It only happens when I play world of worships and it just started for me today and hasn't happened in the past.

[WOLF4]
Members
274 posts
15,836 battles

Has some unusual very high pings frame stutter stopage today. Some today were pretty bad as compared to the ping rate I usually get.

Members
98 posts
9,293 battles
On 3/22/2020 at 8:48 PM, Gafwmn said:

Just in case no one has thought about it......the internet is about strained to the max . People are online , not working . Look into streaming services in EU that have had to cut down video quality so as to not crash the web......and it may happen this week in the U.S. Every system and sub system are being pushed to the max .

Members
652 posts
22 hours ago, Gafwmn said:

Unfortunately, it's only this game that I've experienced this. 

Did WG ever open up an East Coast server, or are they still out West?

Members
5,108 posts
9,327 battles

Use Ping Plotter to ping the 2 WoWs servers for at least a half hour and see where the issue is.  Most likely a routing that is congested for many reasons -0 quarantines, storms, and the like.

Edited by CylonRed

[DBRIS]
Members
501 posts
9,534 battles

ISP's and backbones are getting saturated with all the telework/stay at home stuff. I am getting lags/drops/stutters on game and work connections. It is what it is unless they throttle back some stuff or increase capacity.

[DAS]
Members
906 posts
7,097 battles

I play from down in Mexico (with [edited] internet) and I have noticed that my ping is a pretty stable 35 in COOP but I tend to get a lot of lag spikes when I jump into a random or ranked battle. I have even gotten disconnected 2-3 times in some matches.

[ONAVY]
[ONAVY]
Members
588 posts
14,426 battles
On 3/23/2020 at 10:13 PM, guns_at_last_light said:

Anyone else on the East Coast getting incredibly high pings the past few days, specifically in the evenings? This is the only game I've been experiencing this on at this particular time of day.

I get high pings, which freezes the game, then slingshots me foward. Also had client crashes. All in this latest update.

[WOLF2]
Members
4,985 posts
18,442 battles

ISPs might be throttling everyone down to spread out their bandwidth?

Hughesnet is always bad 320+, but now the game is unplayable at 2000-3000 

Members
1,339 posts
7,116 battles

Here in New York no lag at all. Spectrum internet. 25-30 ms in game.

Edited by USMC2145

[PT]
Members
738 posts
2,639 battles

I'm in Australia and I used to ping 100 to the server. Now it's 160-170 probably thanks to everyone staying home and wrecking our crappy internet.

[WOLF4]
[WOLF4]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
783 posts
11,812 battles
9 hours ago, guns_at_last_light said:

Did WG ever open up an East Coast server, or are they still out West?

East coast, no. They did move it to Chicago though.

[TIGRB]
Members
214 posts
2,102 battles

Yes, During game My Sister and I, when playing are having intermittent lag issues. The ship will stop suddenly, then move again. The guns sometimes take more than a couple clicks to fire. It's annoying and may be causing performance issues in our games.

Members
376 posts
845 battles

Well it's not my ISP it's normal :Smile_popcorn:Wargaming  get the hamster back on the wheel :Smile-angry: Seriously don't want start another game if the game is going to crash :Smile_hiding:

Edited by LastRemnant

[TORCH]
Members
506 posts
12,374 battles

Yes.  More lag spikes than normal past few days.  I put it down to all the people staying/working at home, putting more than usual strain on the internet.

[REVY]
Members
1,962 posts
11,131 battles
11 hours ago, epojokke said:

I play from down in Mexico (with [edited] internet) and I have noticed that my ping is a pretty stable 35 in COOP but I tend to get a lot of lag spikes when I jump into a random or ranked battle. I have even gotten disconnected 2-3 times in some matches.

well in Co-Op the servers only have to handle 1-8 people in a battle whereas Random will have 24 people its trying to communicate with.

As for the lag, I'm in Florida, Comcast and no I haven't experienced any issues, lag, crashing or otherwise.

[FORM]
Members
1,184 posts
9,481 battles
On 3/23/2020 at 10:13 PM, guns_at_last_light said:

South Florida here... last night I was getting some big spikes. No issues so far today. 

[DAS]
Members
906 posts
7,097 battles
23 minutes ago, Lord_Slayer said:

well in Co-Op the servers only have to handle 1-8 people in a battle whereas Random will have 24 people its trying to communicate with.

Yes, we all know that.

A week ago, I didn't have lag in any of the two modes.

[REVY]
Members
1,962 posts
11,131 battles
19 minutes ago, epojokke said:

Yes, we all know that.

A week ago, I didn't have lag in any of the two modes.

you mentioned lag only in Random and Ranked.

You never mentioned having lag in Co-Op

[DAS]
Members
906 posts
7,097 battles
40 minutes ago, Lord_Slayer said:

you mentioned lag only in Random and Ranked.

You never mentioned having lag in Co-Op

Because I don't have any.

[WOLF1]
Beta Testers
10,939 posts
14,939 battles
On 3/23/2020 at 7:13 PM, guns_at_last_light said:

Yes, a lot of ping jumping. Creating noticeable intermittent lag. Very unusual for me.