Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
DDG44_Vet

Bot TK's

9 comments in this topic

[OBWS]
[OBWS]
Members
23 posts
6,072 battles

Was the only OP in a COOP match just now, all other ships were bots and two of the green bots received TK pink status with in 3 min. Didn't think the AI was that poor, the red bots have no problem evading my torps the second I launch, wonder why the green on green bots don't have the same super vigilance.

[VN]
Members
227 posts
5,454 battles
43 minutes ago, DDG44_Vet said:

Was the only OP in a COOP match just now, all other ships were bots and two of the green bots received TK pink status with in 3 min. Didn't think the AI was that poor, the red bots have no problem evading my torps the second I launch, wonder why the green on green bots don't have the same super vigilance.

Think that is bad, try riding with the green bots when you die early. You'll see them change course and float right up and stop so red bots can torp them, aiming into open water, as much as 45° from  a target right next to them and there is nothing out there that they could be aiming for...
etc, etc, etc.
All kinds of stuff green bots do or don't do now.
When I first started playing co-op over a year ago, the green bots were as good, or bad, as the red ones, but not anymore.

[GPORT]
Members
182 posts
11,603 battles

Seems the AI watches out for itself and pulls off some amazing stuff....IF its red......IF its green , it then it doesn't care 1 way or another .

[CVA16]
Members
5,386 posts
16,187 battles

The bots only let their worst players play on the green team. Plus those bots know they will catch hell when the get back to the cyber-bar if they do too well.:Smile_trollface:

• Funny 1

Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
1,063 posts

what's bad is when the bots do better than most of your so called team mates  :Smile_child:

Members
4,352 posts
11,259 battles

That's because the bots have similar TK and afk penalties that we have, except their punishment is to get relegated to the green team until they work off their penalty. And like the human intentional TK and AFK'rs, they don't want to accept that they're to blame. Luckily for us, they can't come and rant on the forums too...

[TBCIC]
Members
65 posts
2,622 battles

Presumably it's all in the algorithm(s) & there is no telling what they are going to do or what manuevers they will employ. In one battle it was a CV & my boat left with the last & surviving enemy RED CV that I was chasing & abt to sink. Then a sunk observer in chat told our CV to move to an area to launch birds .. the CV was a BOT & was sailing away to the far opposite side & corner of the map, catching the border AND with nothing in the air; no TBD no nothing!

Rule of thumb? Never trust nor rely on team BOTs 😆 ..but do trust enemy BOTs to have bead on ya' ..

[CO-OP]
Members
1,487 posts
24,702 battles

Green bots are terminally depressed to be picked for the Green side, so they commit Seppuku at the first opportunity.

Sign in to follow this