Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
CylonRed

Thunderer - Ranked - nice

8 comments in this topic

Members
5,270 posts
9,970 battles

Nice Thunderer game - my best by far.  Everyone kept giving me so nice broadsides I never switched to HE...

1931180050_WorldofWarships-Thunder-205386_ranked.thumb.PNG.4836c719deca2543168d93ce9f48075e.PNG1526314766_WorldofWarships-Thunder-205386_ranked_Damagereport.thumb.PNG.7ec9680aecbfada319e40681f550636c.PNG

• Cool 1

[SPTR]
Members
27,149 posts
16,423 battles

nice, very solid high damage rank game 

[-K-]
Members
8,366 posts
14,179 battles

Nice work.

So many people forget how powerful the 457mm AP is on Thunderer (since the HE is so good), which is a shame.

[DAS]
Members
974 posts
8,190 battles

I deleted a Monty with 2 AP salvos in a ranked game some days ago. Full health to dead in about 20 seconds.

[INTEL]
Members
13,077 posts
36,093 battles

image.thumb.png.e49d60b7d06f29ec00b8b44d37fc18d2.png

I stopped playing Thunderer after this. One of my few victories in Ranked in it. Can't win in Thunderer no matter how well I play. I win very reliably in Shim by contrast, simply by playing well.

Thunderer isn't very good for Ranked IMHO. It has poor secondaries and crappy armor. The crappy armor means that you can't push and tank in it. It means at the end of the match, when ships are often close to each other, Thunderer is at a disadvantage because it has no armor, and you have to hope the reds have no idea what they are doing. IMHO you're better off in almost any other T10 BB, especially the Russian cheatbote, with its comically broken armor.

• Cool 2

[WOLF8]
Members
39 posts
13 minutes ago, Taichunger said:

image.thumb.png.e49d60b7d06f29ec00b8b44d37fc18d2.png

I stopped playing Thunderer after this. One of my few victories in Ranked in it. Can't win in Thunderer no matter how well I play. I win very reliably in Shim by contrast, simply by playing well.

Thunderer isn't very good for Ranked IMHO. It has poor secondaries and crappy armor. The crappy armor means that you can't push and tank in it. It means at the end of the match, when ships are often close to each other, Thunderer is at a disadvantage because it has no armor, and you have to hope the reds have no idea what they are doing. IMHO you're better off in almost any other T10 BB, especially the Russian cheatbote, with its comically broken armor.

Thunderer was made by WG without to think. The conqueror had hard to hit citadels. Then they changed but gave super super heal to the conq.

Or thunderer had to have the same heal or the old lowered citadel. Not this atrocity.

And if you have to push, you only have 4 guns to fight without give broadside.

This was poor design from WG.

[DUD]
Members
706 posts
2,470 battles

Did you see the Thunder gameplay of over 530K+ damage?  It is on Panzer's youtube

[DAS]
Members
974 posts
8,190 battles
2 hours ago, Taichunger said:

The Thunderer can do well in ranked, but you need other people to tank damage for you. You are right that if you find yourself against 2-3 ships towards the end, you won't last long unless they are on very low health.

On a side note, because people think you fire nothing but HE, you can catch people giving you broadside and delete them fast with AP.

Sign in to follow this