You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
guns_at_last_light

Ship you dreaded seeing on your team in Ranked

36 comments in this topic

Members
743 posts

Now that Ranked is almost over,  I wanted to see everyone's take on the ship they most dreaded having on their team. 

For me, it was the Khab. Seriously...why would you take the least stealthy DD in the game into Ranked, knowing that your team will be facing Shimas and Gearings?

• Boring 1

Members
6,621 posts
20,609 battles

I would also add certain clan tags horrified me. And with good reason. . And in many cases I was shocked at how poorly clan members of clans that I assumed were good and played very well....played. 

• Cool 1
  • Boring 2

Alpha Tester
4,287 posts
6,522 battles

Smolensk. They camp smoke, their only vision utility is hydro which is usually used selfishly(and if it isn't...), and frequently they either get instantly annihilated by something or spend the whole game a million miles away in the back and are totally useless.

• Cool 2
  • Boring 4

[PVE]
Members
6,130 posts
22,432 battles

Any battle w/IfYouSeeKhaos...whenever he was on my team I knew serious derping was guaranteed.

I know...name & shame is not allowed...but that guy...jeez

Edited by IfYouSeeKhaos
  • Funny 7

[TSF_1]
Members
3,301 posts
7,631 battles
3 minutes ago, Waxing_Gibbous said:

I would also add certain clan tags horrified me. And with good reason. . And in many cases I was shocked at how poorly clan members of clans that I assumed were good and played very well....played. 

Very much this. Shocked is the exact phrase I would use when some clans' reputations just did not match reality. As to ships, I disliked seeing Kleber, Yueyang, Salem, and Zao. They fit the meta very poorly. FWIW I played Smolensk and did quite well, so I have a bias towards ships that would spot/smoke.

Members
596 posts
10,570 battles

Shimakaze and Yoshino

Shimakaze is pretty obvious, no real gun power + high probability of being a below average player = one less DD for your team in most cases

Yoshino: Basically because it's a extremely poor Thunderer with teamkilling only torpedos. I dread it because while the enemy gets all the Stalingrad's, our team basically has something as fragile as a Minotaur but with zero utility and higher probability of landing torps on allies than on enemies

• Cool 1
  • Confused 2
  • Boring 1

[-BRF-]
Beta Testers
54 posts
4,053 battles

AFKers

• Cool 1

[DDMAF]
Members
2,897 posts
16,263 battles
51 minutes ago, guns_at_last_light said:

Now that Ranked is almost over,  I wanted to see everyone's take on the ship they most dreaded having on their team. 

For me, it was the Khab. Seriously...why would you take the least stealthy DD in the game into Ranked, knowing that your team will be facing Shimas and Gearings?

I got to rank 5 with a 55% wr in khab, avg dmg 71.4k. I saved a star 11 times. I typically crushed other DDs, made life miserable for BBs and positively melted most cruisers with IFHE. The worst games I had were vs a well played Smolensk on my flank (or a smart Zao) in combination with a Stalingrad/Moskva or the rare, smart Hindenburg. Henri, Des Moines, Mino, Wooster, Salem, average Hindy's did not enjoy being on my flank.

Haragumo was the worst to see. Hindy, too. Nothing wrong with Hindy, but there are very, very few good players that took Hindy in, from my experience. Somers was rare, but very often awful.

Edited by legozer
  • Boring 1

[LANCE]
Members
790 posts
5,874 battles

I had a 100% WR this season ... admittedly I only played 1game but hypothetically it’d be the ship captained by the the deuce that started with “I hope this team isn’t as bad as all the last ones etc,etc, blah,blah,blah!!” and then was 1st to die and spend the rest of the game blaming and chat spamming!

[NFJF]
Members
653 posts
9,858 battles

Yoshino. Very squishy and easy to citadel. Bad concealment compared to zao. Yoshino has no team support utility at all. I ran a mix of Bourgogne, Conqueror, and thunderer until I got enough steel for Stalingrad at rank 4, and then used her almost exclusively to rank out. Did it 155 games and 59% winrate.

Edited by admiralsexybeast

[-TKS-]
Members
822 posts
14,531 battles

Smolensk (made worse after ifhe rework) but yoshino's and haragumo's bummed me out as well. 

1 hour ago, Waxing_Gibbous said:

some of those good clans have oil extraction technicians that don't participate in the clan getting its rating .  

Members
273 posts
7,532 battles
10 minutes ago, admiralsexybeast said:

Yoshino. Very squishy and easy to citadel. Bad concealment compared to zao. Yoshino has no team support utility at all. I ran a mix of Bourgogne, Conqueror, and thunderer until I got enough steel for Stalingrad at rank 4, and then used her almost exclusively to rank out. Did it 155 games and 59% winrate.

Yoshino. Why would anyone bring a Yoshino to ranked

[PMWC1]
Members
166 posts
5,302 battles

Naked and flagless Shima

[NFJF]
Members
653 posts
9,858 battles
2 minutes ago, dps_gunner said:

Because I think a lot of people that aren't "in the know" so to speak don't understand that part of success at rank is going with the meta, and Yoshino is clearly not the meta this season.

[DUD]
Members
706 posts
2,470 battles

Yueyang.   Pretty much useless when matched against 2-3 destroyers and 2-3 light cruisers.   Especially with that torpedo range upgrade ships can equip

[-F-]
Members
1,674 posts
12,340 battles

ships did not worry me....

Seeing certain player on my team worry me very much.

I use my black list as a "bad player " marker. SO if i go into a battle and see a orange flag or a few on my team. I know this player under 45 % win rate and super low damage that is bot like.

• Cool 1
  • Boring 1

[WOLFG]
Members
9,566 posts
8,505 battles
1 hour ago, dps_gunner said:

They don't have other tier 10s.

[AAA]
Members
447 posts
14,998 battles
3 hours ago, Waxing_Gibbous said:

Smaland and Somers. 

Luckily, I only saw you once in ranked.

That was more than enough.

I hate BBs who buy it four minutes in.

I hate BBs who buy it four minutes in even more when they're SALT FACTORIES.

Ranked just felt off this season. It's just about degenerated to being 7v7 randoms.

I didn't see a lot of the usual ranked suspects this season. Have they quit the game?

WG, please don't make the next ranked T10 or arms race. I realize asking for that likely means you do it anyway because that's how you are.

Pfff.

• Cool 2

[CYNIC]
Members
2,638 posts
6,181 battles
29 minutes ago, Lt_Newcastle said:

Luckily, I only saw you once in ranked.

That was more than enough.

I hate BBs who buy it four minutes in.

I hate BBs who buy it four minutes in even more when they're SALT FACTORIES.

Ranked just felt off this season. It's just about degenerated to being 7v7 randoms.

I didn't see a lot of the usual ranked suspects this season. Have they quit the game?

WG, please don't make the next ranked T10 or arms race. I realize asking for that likely means you do it anyway because that's how you are.

Pfff.

Seems like a majority of GKs are turds yoloing in to get sunk--- running MMM now so I know ahead of time who cannot be counted on.  Just issue a warning in chat to them and then write them off as unreliable.  Smolensk too -- such a worthless ship 

[INTEL]
Members
13,047 posts
35,989 battles

The 40% CV player. Only had five matches with CVs, but in every one the CV was sub-50%. How selfish can you be?

• Cool 1

[NWOC]
[NWOC]
Members
1,016 posts
12,311 battles
3 hours ago, IfYouSeeKhaos said:

Any battle w/IfYouSeeKhaos...whenever he was on my team I knew serious derping was guaranteed.

I know...name & shame is not allowed...but that guy...jeez

Agreed, all round NNOO type. Lol buddy.

• Cool 1

Members
743 posts
4 hours ago, pewpewpew42 said:

Very much this. Shocked is the exact phrase I would use when some clans' reputations just did not match reality. As to ships, I disliked seeing Kleber, Yueyang, Salem, and Zao. They fit the meta very poorly. FWIW I played Smolensk and did quite well, so I have a bias towards ships that would spot/smoke.

I only started seeing Yueyangs after I made this post, and clearly offended the WG gods enough for them to only put them on my team.

[--K--]
Supertester
1,217 posts
11,076 battles

Gks,Yoshino. A well played Khaba or Kleber can make it much harder for the enemy to focus.